[COMPLETE]From Ritual to Romance by Jessie L. Weston-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Anelanewtella

Post by Anelanewtella »

Good morning! Do you still need someone to read Section 11? Or any section without the German or Latin? I can speak English with a French accent but my actual French is pretty weak.
Have a harmonious day.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

I would like to DPL for this project if it is still open.

Regards,
Jessie
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: May 26th, 2021, 7:21 am As for voice credit, I don't really need to be included in the audio. If in the end I'm doing a lot in this project in other sections, maybe one could mention it in a sentence in the blurb, but I'm not insisting, it's not that important to me. It's as you wish.

Sonia
No problem. If you're happy without a voice credit, I don't have a problem with it. I will go ahead and assign you to the section as well, though. And probably will add a little blurb to the summary eventually.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

vostar wrote: May 26th, 2021, 8:00 am I am interested in reading section 11 The Secret of the Grail (2)
The Naassene Document

Thank you!
Sounds great, you're in! Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Anelanewtella wrote: May 26th, 2021, 8:13 am Good morning! Do you still need someone to read Section 11? Or any section without the German or Latin? I can speak English with a French accent but my actual French is pretty weak.
Welcome! Section 11 was actually just claimed by another reader just before you posted, I'm sorry. It looks like the only sections left do all have some French or German, or both. But if you're interested in one of them, you can see in the first post that we have a volunteer who is willing to help with the non-English portions, either by creating a pronunciation file for you to copy or providing a recording that can be slotted in to your chapter. So you can still sign up for any chapter using either of these methods, if you're not comfortable with it otherwise. Think it over and let me know!

I should also mention, though, that you should complete a one-minute test to make sure that your settings are ok before you start in on a "real" recording, especially for any chapter as long as all of these are. Information about how to complete the test can be found here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
shreyj7

Post by shreyj7 »

Hi, I am Shreya, and I would absolutely love to be a DPL for this project. This would be my first one, but I am definitely ready to help with the project!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

UPRG11W wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:12 pm I would like to DPL for this project if it is still open.

Regards,
Jessie
That would be great, thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

shreyj7 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 11:10 am Hi, I am Shreya, and I would absolutely love to be a DPL for this project. This would be my first one, but I am definitely ready to help with the project!
Oh gracious. :oops: Your note actually reminded me that there was another volunteer who asked to DPL a few days ago and who I forgot to respond to. :? We operate on first come, first served here. So sorry to have to disappoint you! :(

In spite of the disappointment on the very first project you volunteer for, I do hope you'll enjoy your time here and that you'll feel at home. Do you plan to read as well, or only listen? We need volunteers for both, so either/or is just fine! :) If you do plan to read, you'll need to complete a one-minute test first: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test If not, you can find more projects that are needing a DPL here: viewforum.php?f=21
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Preface is ready for PL.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to this 4:31 recording for the preface. It is PL OK. Many thanks for the kind reminder!

Regards,
Jessie
mightyfelix wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:36 pm Preface is ready for PL.
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Corrections done. yay!! https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_14_weston_128kb.mp3 38.07 minutes. Done on Audacity v3 Microsoft office v 10.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Happiness1 wrote: June 1st, 2021, 10:09 am Corrections done. yay!! https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_14_weston_128kb.mp3 38.07 minutes. Done on Audacity v3 Microsoft office v 10.
Spot PL ok, thank you so much! Great work! :clap:
Parisjim

Post by Parisjim »

I would like to read Chapter 13 "The Perilous Chapel" if it is still available.

One question: I noticed in the text that there are various footnotes and associated citations. How do you want these to be handled—read the footnote number and the reference together, skip over, other. approach..?

Thank you,
Parisjim
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Parisjim wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:38 am I would like to read Chapter 13 "The Perilous Chapel" if it is still available.

One question: I noticed in the text that there are various footnotes and associated citations. How do you want these to be handled—read the footnote number and the reference together, skip over, other. approach..?

Thank you,
Parisjim
Yes, Chapter 13 is available, thank you!

The general approach to footnotes for most project here is this: Read the text to the end of the sentence in which the footnote appears (or some other logical spot for a pause), then say "Footnote." Read the footnote. Say "End of footnote," then continue with the text. Footnotes may be omitted, though. Usually if the footnote is merely a citation of a source or something like that, we skip it. If it's something interesting that adds to the text or helps to clarify or provide context, we include it.

However, although some of these footnotes do look interesting, I'd say feel free to skip them, just because this text is a bit... clunky. Usually the footnotes will be immediately below, or hyperlinked, or have some way to make them easy to find. But with this text, you'd need to scroll all the way down to the bottom, find the right number for the right chapter, scroll all the way back up, find your spot again.... :roll: Oy. If you don't mind doing this, and find the footnotes interesting enough to include, you may do so. But I certainly won't insist on it.
PawnOfPazuzu

Post by PawnOfPazuzu »

mightyfelix wrote: April 25th, 2021, 1:32 pm
PawnOfPazuzu wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 10:58 pm Hi there!

I would like to claim: Section 7 - 'The Sword Dance', Section 8 - 'The Medicine Man' and Section 12 - 'Mithra and Attis' if I may?

My pseudonym on here is PawnOfPazuzu but I am happy to go by my real name for the LibriVox catalogue, EJ How.

All the Best,
Emma
Thank you, you're in! Glad to see you are up for the challenge of the languages. I am most certainly not! :lol:

By the way, you have already been entered into the catalogue as EJ How, so you don't need to specify it anymore. :)
Hi,

Can I request an extension on my sections please!

I inadvertently got caught up in the Pliny readings I am working on but I am still super keen to record these. My Dad might even do the french readings for me so we can have a father and daughter submission. I think I can read the german alright but I tried pronouncing some of the french and it sounds truly abysmal! So I think splicing it with someone reading the french parts will be the way there.

Many Thanks,
Emma