[COMPLETE]From Ritual to Romance by Jessie L. Weston-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Thanks Devorah and Sonia

Yes, remember, I struggled with audacity half way and then had to change to WavePad which started off free but then moved to the paid version and wouldnt let me convert and I had to try to work out the settings. I am going to have to purchase it to continue on it. My audacity is working again but who know for how long. I only saw after that it was on input volume 90 which is why it was too loud. Should be better in future. Im going to correct the one sentence now, I think that is what you requested so I'll upload the corrected version and then you guys can add Sonia's line. Im so grateful she can do the french bit :D
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Okie dokie, here is the final version of Chapter 9. I found another bump in the text a paragraph further and fixed it too. Im not sure how I missed that duplication but it happened somewhere between WavePad and Audacity. I will have to buy WavePad. :hmm:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_09_weston_128kb.mp3 Done on Audacity V3.2 - 43 mins and 10 seconds, Microsoft v10.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, chapter 9 is now in the MW ready for spot PL. Should be completely good to go.

I inserted that bit of French at 30:56. I also lowered the volume a bit (this last one was still too high), and I reduced the ending silence from 10 seconds to 5. :)
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Yay, thank you Devorah. Please just give this blonde a tip. If you say 5 seconds at the end is it a physical 5 seconds on the meter, or is it a 1,1000, 2,1000, 3,1000, 4,1000, 5,1000 count. sorry, sounds stupid but it seems so long.

thx and regards

Dawn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I usually give myself a 1, one thousand, 2, one thousand kind of count in my head when I finish speaking before I stop the recording. But I'll count to six or seven or even ten that way, and then go trim the extra using the meter. Since we have that as a tool, I think it's best to take advantage of it. Our own estimation is often wrong, and can even vary from day to day and hour to hour. It's best to use the standard measure that is there in Audacity (or whatever program).
Parisjim

Post by Parisjim »

Chapter 13 is now uploaded and ready for PL. The run time is 28:01.
Here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_13_weston_128kb.mp3

I apologize for taking so long to complete this chapter. I blame having to deal with old French pronunciation, still learning my recording/editing system, and a stunning capability for procrastination <grin>.

With best regards,
parisjim
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

Yes, I updated the status to PL OK. Many thanks for this wonderful collaboration!

Regards,
Jessie
mightyfelix wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 5:55 pm Ok, chapter 9 is now in the MW ready for spot PL. Should be completely good to go.

I inserted that bit of French at 30:56. I also lowered the volume a bit (this last one was still too high), and I reduced the ending silence from 10 seconds to 5. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Parisjim wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:22 pm Chapter 13 is now uploaded and ready for PL. The run time is 28:01.
Here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_13_weston_128kb.mp3

I apologize for taking so long to complete this chapter. I blame having to deal with old French pronunciation, still learning my recording/editing system, and a stunning capability for procrastination <grin>.

With best regards,
parisjim
No apologies necessary. :) You still had a couple of weeks left before your two-month mark, and this is a rather challenging text! Thank you for this recording. It is in the MW.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Jim! I'm confused about the difference in length, though. I have the length of your original file at 23:27, but I don't see how this recording could have grown by 3 minutes. :hmm: All I see in your PL notes was a repeated phrase. Maybe that 23:27 was incorrect?

EDIT: I checked the first version of this recording and it was indeed 23:27. Please double check what is happening here.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry. I felt that my first rendition was read too quickly and so applied the Change Tempo Effect, which consequently lengthened the selection. I have violated protocol, but I believe the slower version is better. I will try to avoid such changes in future. Yours, Jim :oops:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I see. Yes, that does explain it. I'd say it's not a problem, just that it's always good to mention any changes you make that aren't indicated in your PL notes. If nothing else, this will make it difficult for a DPL to find what they need to spot PL, so it's good to bring it up. That way, they know that it won't be right where they expected it to be. :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Of course! I didn't even think of that. I will be sure to do that in future, but I hope I will do better to be sure that what I have sent in as finished, is, in fact, finished. Jim :) Here the correction is at 23:09.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

It is PL OK. Many thanks for your contribution!

Regards,
Jessie
neecheelok70 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 9:00 am Here is the corrected Section 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_05_weston_128kb.mp3

26:30

Jim
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

Sorry for my slowness to PL. I will try to listen to it tomorrow.

Best,
Jessie
Parisjim wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:22 pm Chapter 13 is now uploaded and ready for PL. The run time is 28:01.

With best regards,
parisjim