[COMPLETE]From Ritual to Romance by Jessie L. Weston-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you Jim! As we haven't heard from our DPL in a little while, I'm sent a PM to see if there are any updates.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for the heads-up. Jim :)
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to this 29:23 recording of section 4, which also happens to be chapter 4. It is PL OK. Many thanks for your contribution!

Regards,
Jessie
For the readers of our project, I quote here what I read about reading the footnotes from dear mightyfelix:
The general approach to footnotes for most projects here is this: Read the text to the end of the sentence in which the footnote appears (or some other logical spot for a pause), then say "Footnote." Read the footnote. Say "End of footnote," then continue with the text. Footnotes may be omitted, though. Usually if the footnote is merely a citation of a source or something like that, we skip it. If it's something interesting that adds to the text or helps to clarify or provide context, we include it.

However, although some of these footnotes do look interesting, I'd say feel free to skip them, just because this text is a bit... clunky. Usually the footnotes will be immediately below, or hyperlinked, or have some way to make them easy to find. But with this text, you'd need to scroll all the way down to the bottom, find the right number for the right chapter, scroll all the way back up, find your spot again.... :roll: Oy. If you don't mind doing this, and find the footnotes interesting enough to include, you may do so. But I certainly won't insist on it.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

It is beautifully read, but I am afraid that you uploaded the wrong file!

I heard a very nice reading of the first 5:20 (instead of the whole 43:03) for chapter 9 and it ended abruptly in the middle of the reading ...

Regards,
Jessie
Happiness1 wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 1:44 am Yay, Chapter 9 Done! https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance__09_weston_128kb.mp3 43.03 minutes finalised on Wavepad which btw is easier than Audacity and worked much better. :clap: Awaiting comments.

regards

Dawn
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

feedback on the 23:27 recording for Section-5:
20:26 - 20:28 "fait acquis" was repeated. Thanks to Google translation French to English, I learned the pronunciation "fait acquis" though I don't know French!

Regards,
Jessie
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to this 23:20 recording of section 10. It is PL OK. Many thanks for your contribution!

Regards,
Jessie
neecheelok70 wrote: July 8th, 2021, 10:57 am Here is Section 10:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_10_weston_128kb.mp3

23:20

Jim :)
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to this 31:31 recording of section 11. It is PL OK. Many thanks for your contribution!

Regards,
Jessie
vostar wrote: July 6th, 2021, 10:02 pm Chapter 11 complete - 31:31

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualromance_11_weston_128kb.mp3
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Lets try again. Chapter 9 uploaded. https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_09_weston_128kb.mp3 43 mins and 14 seconds. Done in Audacity and finished in WavePad on Windows 10. Awaiting feedback.

Regards

Dawn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Happiness1 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 11:46 am Lets try again. Chapter 9 uploaded. https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_09_weston_128kb.mp3 43 mins and 14 seconds. Done in Audacity and finished in WavePad on Windows 10. Awaiting feedback.

Regards

Dawn
Great, thank you! :D
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

Yes, the length is now shown as 43:14. I will bring up the PL note by Monday. Many thanks for your efforts!

Regards,
Jessie
Happiness1 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 11:46 am Lets try again. Chapter 9 uploaded. https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_09_weston_128kb.mp3 43 mins and 14 seconds. Done in Audacity and finished in WavePad on Windows 10. Awaiting feedback.

Regards

Dawn
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

30:56 - 31:02 several clapping sound or some noise in the background instead of the French text "Si s'i asieent une grant partie et plus i ot de cels qui n'i sistrent mie, que de cels qui sistrent."
39:28 - 39:31 repeated "It is further to be noted that besides Dove and Fish"

Also, I learned from the post in the forum that if you stop and just repeat the whole sentence where you noticed a mistake, then trim off the extras later, this method makes the recording much smoother than just correct and patch the one word or one phrase of a sentence.

Thanks again for your very nice reading. I look forward to listening to more of your reading in our projects!

Regards,
Jessie

Regards

Dawn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

UPRG11W wrote: July 20th, 2021, 7:21 am PL note:

30:56 - 31:02 several clapping sound or some noise in the background instead of the French text "Si s'i asieent une grant partie et plus i ot de cels qui n'i sistrent mie, que de cels qui sistrent."
I presume from this that you are wanting to use a recording from Sonia to insert here, Dawn, as we did with the last one? We can certainly do that. But it would have been helpful to tell us explicitly that that was needed for this section, if so. That way, Sonia and I could have been working on this and had it ready before the full PL was done. I will look more closely this evening after work.
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Hi Devorah and Jessie. My apologies I presumed the rules were always the way I did the previous chapter. We live and learn. Sorry, didnt know to tell you but will certainly do so next time. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Happiness1 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 2:11 pm Hi Devorah and Jessie. My apologies I presumed the rules were always the way I did the previous chapter. We live and learn. Sorry, didnt know to tell you but will certainly do so next time. :thumbs:
Thanks for understanding. The previous chapter was a bit of a muddle, so I can see why it was confusing. But in general, when you submit something, it should be ready to go into the catalogue, to the best of your knowledge. When there are exceptions, such as in this project, or any time that two different recordings are going to be spliced together, it's important that everyone is on the same page in knowing what needs to be done.

Sonia, this is the sentence that we need for this section. Just the one this time!
Si s'i asieent une grant partie et plus i ot de cels qui n'i sistrent mie, que de cels qui sistrent.
Oh, Dawn, also it may be helpful to know that this recording is a bit too loud. I can lower the volume when I insert Sonia's sentence, but I want you to be aware of it so you can continue to get a feel for where it should be and tweak this in future recordings.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: July 21st, 2021, 9:25 pmSonia, this is the sentence that we need for this section. Just the one this time!
Si s'i asieent une grant partie et plus i ot de cels qui n'i sistrent mie, que de cels qui sistrent.
just one sentence but this one was harder to understand than all the previous bits together :lol: this must be way older French still... :shock: I think I got the gist of it to make it sound credible though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_09_sonia_weston_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:09 min.

:)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.