[COMPLETE]From Ritual to Romance by Jessie L. Weston-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

PawnOfPazuzu wrote: June 9th, 2021, 7:26 am Hi,

Can I request an extension on my sections please!

I inadvertently got caught up in the Pliny readings I am working on but I am still super keen to record these. My Dad might even do the french readings for me so we can have a father and daughter submission. I think I can read the german alright but I tried pronouncing some of the french and it sounds truly abysmal! So I think splicing it with someone reading the french parts will be the way there.

Many Thanks,
Emma
Well, you are not that close to your deadline yet. With a two-month window, that gives you until June 24. But I'm happy to extend that to July, if you need it.

If your dad is willing to work with you on this, I think that'd be great! If he wants to be credited for this, we'd need him to create a login for the forum (even if he doesn't plan to actually post/participate in the forum). But if not, I think we can manage without that. One way or another, we'll make it work!
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Hi Devorah

Im soooooo frustrated. I finished Chapter 9 last week already. I was busy reviewing it and its perfect....till I got to the last 15 minutes. Then my pc started hanging again. It took me about two hours to listen to ten minutes. every single edit or command I give it makes it hang for about 5 minutes. I switched my pc on and off, restarted it again, uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Uninstalled it again, did a pc clean up, reinstalled it again and STILL, it will just not work. What is the other audio software which matches Audacity. I seriously don't know why it's doing this. It fixed itself last time but nothing wants to work now :help:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I claim 4, 5, and 10? Jim
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Happiness1 wrote: June 15th, 2021, 7:11 am Im soooooo frustrated.
Oh no, that sounds awful! I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble with the technical side of things. :( That's so frustrating, when all we want to do is read!
What is the other audio software which matches Audacity.
I don't know what you mean by "matches." There are many kinds of audio software out there, of course. Some are better than others, and some are quite expensive. But the only one that I really know anything about is Audacity. I do know that it requires a lot of free space on the computer to run, so maybe that's the issue? You might be better off asking your question in the Need Help forum: viewforum.php?f=23 There are people there who are much more knowledgeable than I am and who I hope can help you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

neecheelok70 wrote: June 16th, 2021, 6:02 am May I claim 4, 5, and 10? Jim
Absolutely, thank you so much!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am looking forward to it. At one point, I thought about adopting it as a solo. I am a T.S. Eliot fan and in graduate school considered doing my dissertation on him. This book was a major influence, along with The Golden Bough. Just bit of irrelevant nonsense from Jim.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Yay, Chapter 9 Done! https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance__09_weston_128kb.mp3 43.03 minutes finalised on Wavepad which btw is easier than Audacity and worked much better. :clap: Awaiting comments.

regards

Dawn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! So sorry for the late response. I was at a conference this weekend, but you both posted well before that, so I don't know what my excuse is in that case. :roll:

These are in the MW.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, it's in the MW!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. Jim :)
vostar

Post by vostar »