[COMPLETE][Russian]Сказки, Михаил Евграфович Салтыков-Щедрин. - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:11 pmI've uploaded the corrected section 6. Please check.
thank you, excellent patching in :) now PL ok !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

For the last three weeks I've been stuck at home in no condition to record anything beyond a couple minutes of a weekly poem...

I haven't forgotten, just am still waiting for some quiet time.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:44 pm For the last three weeks I've been stuck at home in no condition to record anything beyond a couple minutes of a weekly poem...
I haven't forgotten, just am still waiting for some quiet time.
hi there, and thanks for letting me know. I hope all is well and it's "only" quiet time" that is the problem. I myself don't find much time to record either, too busy with PLing :lol: So I don't mind waiting for your sections a bit ;)

Have a nice Sunday !

Sonia
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Still here, still digging from under a pile of stuff, hoping to be able to record again soon.

The explanation of my inability to record is simple: I have noisy equipment at home from work (so I can work during the lock-down), which runs almost round the clock (at least when I'm awake). I haven't found any other place or way to record. So, until the equipment is back at work (hopefully soon), I am refraining from reading anything LV except the forums. :|
tovarisch
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: June 8th, 2020, 4:56 amI have noisy equipment at home from work (so I can work during the lock-down), which runs almost round the clock (at least when I'm awake).
:? aww I can totally feel for you. It's awful when we WANT to record but the noise is simply making it impossible.

Let's hope all gets back to normal soon. And thanks for letting me know an update. I don't mind waiting a little bit longer. :)

All the best

Sonia
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Just an update. Still swamped at work (actually working at home). Still trying to find an opportunity to record. Maybe a couple weeks from now...

Thank you for reminding me, and hope to get back to it relatively soon.
tovarisch
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Section 7 has been uploaded. It's long, almost 1.5 hours... If we can't keep such a long section, I will split it, edit it, and then change the MW to fix the numbers.
tovarisch
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: September 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm Section 7 has been uploaded. It's long, almost 1.5 hours... If we can't keep such a long section, I will split it, edit it, and then change the MW to fix the numbers.
ah yes, sorry, the maximum length is 74 minutes, I think. :( If you could split it at a convenient thematic spot at about 45 minutes each, that would be great. Then you also have to change the intro/title as "Part 1" and "Part 2" or something, we can also change the title in the MW then. I didn't think the sections would be that long. :shock:

But great that you managed another story, looking forward to listening soon. I can do it tomorrow probably, I will wait until the sections are split.

Thank you, and have a nice weekend still

Sonia
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

OK, I've split the recording into two sections, added what I consider appropriate wording, edited, and uploaded.

The MW has also been fixed.
tovarisch
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: September 27th, 2020, 6:40 amOK, I've split the recording into two sections, added what I consider appropriate wording, edited, and uploaded.
The MW has also been fixed.
thank you. Yes, "Part 1 and 2" is fine with me as well. The easiest way to differentiate between the two.

The break has also been well made. I was surprised you didn't finish at the separating line on page 39 but a few lines earlier. :hmm:

So....this is all about dolls, I got that much :lol: And your reading is absolutely lovely to listen to :9: So glad you managed to find some time to record such a lengthy piece.

I finished listening to Part 1 so far and I only found two small differences with the text. I guess both are optional, but I prefer to let you decide this as a native speaker as I am not too sure whether it's important or not

> at 0:16: (p. 29) "в 184*" – I hear something like "водна" in the beginning. Just checking if that is what should be said in such a case where the date is not complete. I was puzzled because at 10:23 you don't say it that way, so I wanted to make sure it's not an oversight

> at 36:55: (p. 39) "материялу покуда у нас" – you omitted the word " покуда", not sure if it is important, so I let you decide

thanks. Will start with the next Part, but not sure whether I can finish today. It's a lot of concentration for me to follow the old script. But you'll get feedback tomorrow at the latest. :)

Sonia
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Thank you.

I've added the missing word at 36:55, please check.

As to the pronunciation of numbers, 1800 can be "тысяча восемьсот" or can be "одна тысяча восемьсот", there is no difference in the meaning, and there is no ambiguity.
tovarisch
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: September 28th, 2020, 2:50 pmI've added the missing word at 36:55, please check.
As to the pronunciation of numbers, 1800 can be "тысяча восемьсот" or can be "одна тысяча восемьсот", there is no difference in the meaning, and there is no ambiguity.
thank you for the clarification, I understand. I didn't think one would say одна with year and date, but ok, it makes sense. And the sentence is perfectly corrected, so this section is now PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and I finally also finished the long section 8 and it's totally PL ok :clap: I love it when you make the doll noises :lol: you had fun there I can see.

In the end disclaimer, you don't repeat "Part 2" but I think that is optional here, as the story is finished at that point anyway. You say it in the intro, that was good and helpful. :thumbs:

Judging from the page-numbers of the next stories, it seems this one was much longer than all the rest. So I guess you don't need to split another one and they will be shorter. The most difficult part is done :)

thank you for another interesting narrative.

Sonia
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

:thumbs: Thank you.
tovarisch
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Section 9 is ready for PL.
tovarisch