COMPLETE The Rose-colored World, and Other Fantasies by EM Brodie -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ellies

Post by ellies »

:clap:
BurgundyGrace wrote: February 10th, 2019, 12:49 pm Thank you for your patience AND your reading Elaine!

Section 24 is PL OK.
Section 25 is PL OK with no notes! *Smile*

Regards,
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Terrific, Elaine.
All is PL OK for section 26; thank you for remembering to include the end of book note; it's an easy step to miss. *Blush*

Best of success in your future recordings!
~Angelique
ellies

Post by ellies »

thank you so much! You have been wonderful. I have given up on trying to sleep, 4 am here, so going to do some work. :lol:
take care
Elaine
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :thumbs:
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

section 10 is pl ok!
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

dmitrymazo » February 8th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Dear Grace and Carolin,

I have removed the clicks and reduced the background noise in Audacity (Noise Reduction equaling 9).

Thanks![/quote]

Hello, Dmitry!
I apologize for the delay in responding to you! *Blush*
I'm on it now, though!

In checking over your recording, I notice that your background is still at 45+ dBs.
About 40 is the most that's comfortable for people who are using earbuds, as may listeners do on commutes and in other public places.
I don't want anyone to skip over your very good reading, so would you please run another sound reduction process?

You can use this handy-dandy Librivox software to check on your decible level.
(Software differs, so we use this checker to ensure we're all speaking of the same levels. *Smile*)
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

There are still quite a few clicks and hums throughout your recording, so it sounds as if you may either be recording in an empty room, or are using your computer microphone, either of which will create a "bounced" sound effect, with lots of environmental noises.
When I first began with LV, I had a *TERRIBLE* time with this! (As in ... did not pass the first THREE one-minute tests!)
Finally, the great team here and I figure it out.

I now use an inexpensive Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, which costs less than $50 on Amazon. Sometimes you can find them for about $35!
I think if you use it, or similar, you'll notice you have much less work in creating great sounding files ... to match with your well done reading!

I absolutely do not want to discourage you, Dmitry. Your reading is smooth with great pausing; you have much to contribute here ... for literally, generations to come!

We are here and happy to help you. If you have any questions on tech issues, please ask in the "Help. Need Advice" forum.
We have sound wizards who offer generous advice ... all for Free!

Thank you again for your contribution to this project!
I'm happy to listen to your file again after you complete another noise reduction pass! *Smile*

All Best,
~Angelique
dmitrymazo

Post by dmitrymazo »

Dear Grace,

Thank you very much for all the advice. I will try to solve the microphone problem by the next recording.

About the noise level. I am trying to figure out where to get the current noise level (you say it's 45+) in order to understand how much noise to remove in Audacity.

This is the window of the Librivox Noise Checker:
https://ibb.co/qdPSnST

Should I create I question in the "Help. Need Advice" forum?

Thank you very much!
Dmitry.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Dear Grace,

Thank you very much for all the advice. I will try to solve the microphone problem by the next recording.

About the noise level. I am trying to figure out where to get the current noise level (you say it's 45+) in order to understand how much noise to remove in Audacity.

Thank you very much!
Dmitry.
Kind Dmitry. *Smile*
I admit that the tech specs are not my forte, but on this one I THINK I can help you.
Under "validation" ... set it to "strict" and it will provide you with the decible level.

If that doesn't help, please do ask in the "Help" forum ... because I'll be at the limit of my knowledge on this. *Blush*
Ahhh, you may wish to post there anyway. I'd provide the file and ask for an evaluation of the technical aspects of the recording.

They are likely able to give you even more pointers to save you even more time on future projects.
Editing is the element of recording that drives 99.8% of us ALL bonkers at first and TechMages there can point you in the right direction.

I sincerely look forward to hearing more contributions from you!

Best,
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both!
Carolin
dmitrymazo

Post by dmitrymazo »

BurgundyGrace wrote: February 20th, 2019, 8:28 pm
Dear Grace,

Thank you very much!
Dmitry.
Kind Dmitry. *Smile*
I admit that the tech specs are not my forte, but on this one I THINK I can help you.
Under "validation" ... set it to "strict" and it will provide you with the decible level.

If that doesn't help, please do ask in the "Help" forum ... because I'll be at the limit of my knowledge on this. *Blush*
Ahhh, you may wish to post there anyway. I'd provide the file and ask for an evaluation of the technical aspects of the recording.

They are likely able to give you even more pointers to save you even more time on future projects.
Editing is the element of recording that drives 99.8% of us ALL bonkers at first and TechMages there can point you in the right direction.

I sincerely look forward to hearing more contributions from you!

Best,
Dear Grace,
Thank you very much for your efforts and patience. Your explanation was perfect. I've reduced the background noise from 46.5 to 41.4 dB.

I'll try to make the quality better next time.

Link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/rosecoloredworld_14_brodie_128kb.mp3

Thanks again,
Dmitry.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank you for your work on this, Dmitry!
I've marked the Magic Window (MW) as PL OK.

If we can help you at all, we're happy to. *Smile*
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

Carolin,

Just realizing that I recorded section 5 before I got my new mic and boy does it show!! Would it be permissible for me to rerecord and upload this section???
"My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Practical Magic

-Melissa Green