Jo
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Gypsymo4 wrote: October 13th, 2018, 12:57 pm Hello,
Here is section 5
Section 5 is PL OK. :D
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Gypsymo4

Post by Gypsymo4 »

aradlaw wrote: October 13th, 2018, 2:17 pm
Gypsymo4 wrote: October 13th, 2018, 12:57 pm Hello,
Here is section 5
Section 5 is PL OK. :D
Yay!! :clap:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
adr6090 wrote: October 12th, 2018, 12:22 pm :clap:
aradlaw wrote: October 12th, 2018, 9:51 am Thanks for the edit April, section 7 is now PL OK.
April
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks, Betty. MW updated.
Jo
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Betty, section 14 is PL OK.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Lvan

Post by Lvan »

aradlaw wrote: October 5th, 2018, 7:17 pm Thank you Liz, section 13 is well read, but the bitrate is 192 kbps, it needs to be 128 kbps for cataloging. Your volume is low at 85.7 dB, could you correct these items and upload using the same filename please ?
If you need help correcting, please don't hesitate to ask. :wink:
Here is the new version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/birdsandnaturenov1902_13_various_128kb.mp3 4.42
I'm not sure how to find the volume in Audacity in a way that matches your description of 85.7 dB. In Audacity, I of course see the waveform that goes from -1 to 1, but don't know how to convert the numbers I see there to anything that matches a dB measurement. For this new copy, I used the Amplify effect and chose amplification of 4.0 and new peak amplitude was .4991. And I allowed clipping. I exported at 128 kbps. Hope this works - and thanks for the offer to help!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Lvan wrote: October 16th, 2018, 9:02 am Here is the new version:
Thanks for the edit, the volume is now 89.6 dB, and the bitrate is correct... so PL OK. :D

You mentioned the waveform, you should aim for your wave forms to peak near the 0.5 mark, like this:

I should have mentioned this, but you can check your volume using our Checker program - see info at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker You will find the volume in decibels on the Information tab. For your information, we look for around 89 dB (87-91 is OK)
David Lawrence

PSAhdi

Post by PSAhdi »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 30th, 2018, 4:20 pm Hi Pradeep,

I've signed you up for sections 11 & 22.

As these will be your first recordings for Librivox, please have a look at the NewbieGuideToRecording and also read carefully through all the notes in the first post of this thread if you haven't already done so.

We also highly recommend that you upload a short test recording to the Listeners Wanted to get an OK that all the technical requirements are good before recording a full chapter. Instructions are here:

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Meanwhile I've added you to the database. You can see this on your catalog page at http://librivox.org/reader/12808

If you click on the link for Reader Section Details below your username you will find a summary table showing the status of all the sections that you have signed up to read in open projects.  Click on any of the thread titles in this list to navigate to the thread on the forum.

Thanks and welcome to Librivox. :)
Hi Jo,

I have uploaded the 1 minute test:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_psahdi.mp3

Regards,
Pradeep Singh
regards,
PS Ahdi
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Pradeep, all specs are correct in your test recording, you are free to record your sections. Please follow all instructions in the opening post. :)
David Lawrence

PSAhdi

Post by PSAhdi »

Hi Jo,

I have uploaded Section 22.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsandnaturenov1902_22_various_128kb.mp3

Length in Time: 5:01

Regards,
Pradeep Singh Ahdi
regards,
PS Ahdi
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Pradeep, the reading is PL OK, but could you make a couple of edits please, the opening and ending silences are not up to spec - .5 - 1 second and 5 seconds respectively.
At the end of the text we need the author's name "Rowland Watts." added. Thanks :) .
David Lawrence

PSAhdi

Post by PSAhdi »

aradlaw wrote: October 26th, 2018, 5:50 am Thank you Pradeep, the reading is PL OK, but could you make a couple of edits please, the opening and ending silences are not up to spec - .5 - 1 second and 5 seconds respectively.
At the end of the text we need the author's name "Rowland Watts." added. Thanks :) .
Thanks David, I will make the changes. Just a quick one. How should I mention the author? Should I say "written by [Name of the author]" ? Could you please suggest the exact wordings for it?

Regrds,
Pradeep Singh
regards,
PS Ahdi
PSAhdi

Post by PSAhdi »

PSAhdi wrote: October 26th, 2018, 5:55 am
aradlaw wrote: October 26th, 2018, 5:50 am Thank you Pradeep, the reading is PL OK, but could you make a couple of edits please, the opening and ending silences are not up to spec - .5 - 1 second and 5 seconds respectively.
Thanks David, I will make the changes. Just a quick one. How should I mention the author? Should I say "written by [Name of the author]" ? Could you please suggest the exact wordings for it?

Regrds,
Pradeep Singh
Sorry I mean "aradlaw"
regards,
PS Ahdi