Post by GregGiordano »

jenniferrd wrote: October 2nd, 2018, 7:42 pm Sections 2, 3, 4 - PL OK! :clap:
Many thanks!

Take care,

Greg
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Nedge wrote: September 29th, 2018, 5:48 am Chapters 21 and 22, finis! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/solomonowl_21_bailey_128kb.mp3 4:10
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/solomonowl_22_bailey_128kb.mp3 5:07

Nan

(NOW off to bring the bagels, gather my papers, shower, shave, gather makeup, find the jewelry, bring the dresses, find the right shoes, make sure I have the marriage licenses and a pen that writes .....)
Oh, wow, how did I miss this at the bottom of the page?

Yep, got to get those licenses signed -- and submitted to the right place.
I don't think I've left any couples in limbo yet.
Did an impromptu one once in jeans and work shirt -- to match the couple and guests. :mrgreen:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Hah! This one was outdoors at the local Watershed. The bride wore an exquisite gown and work boots. The cake had skeletons on top. There was a giant T Rex gettin' down on the dance floor. There was a turtle. There was a corn snake.

It was beautiful. I've now done one wedding, and one renewal of vows for a couple on the banks of Loch Lomond. :)
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapters 14 and 15 - PL OK! :thumbs:

Chapter 16 - I'm thinking you may not have ran this through a noise reduction, Shasta, there is a lot of little noises throughout that is not in your other recordings. I suggest running it through and then uploading it again.
Also, at :15 there is a double "t" sound in your "to volunteer" - t to volunteer.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapters 18 and 19 - trim end silence on both of these to 5 seconds (there is 7 seconds now).

Chapter 20 - PL OK!

Great reading! :thumbs:
wordwork2

Post by wordwork2 »

jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapters 21 and 22 - PL OK! :D
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 18 and 19 - Spot PL - OK!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks for wrapping up the PL on these!!!

Really minor things in Section 16, but easily done, then we'll send this out into the world. :clap:
~ Larry
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I'll suggest that we pass the last one, as Shasta has said he's experiencing some health issues. I could possibly clean up the little bit, if that's allowed. The two issues were minor to begin with and that way this could be cataloged.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, Wow!
This had already dropped below my radar, so thanks so much for checking on this. :oops:

We do, when warranted, edit files for readers, esp. in situations like this.
So, I have eliminated the extra "t" sound and some of the extraneous clicks. Background noise was certainly within limits, but did some reduction anyway. The new file is uploaded, so I've gone ahead and marked this one PL OK, so we can get this out the door.

Katydid is going slower, but I won't launch a new Bailey until after the New Year starts. Until then, I'm really busy at work and it looks as if we'll be moving in a few weeks.

Thanks again for all your help on these projects. :9:
~ Larry
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-story-of-solomon-owl-by-arthur-scott-bailey/
Jo
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

silverquill wrote: November 15th, 2018, 7:49 am Oh, Wow!
This had already dropped below my radar, so thanks so much for checking on this. :oops:

We do, when warranted, edit files for readers, esp. in situations like this.
So, I have eliminated the extra "t" sound and some of the extraneous clicks. Background noise was certainly within limits, but did some reduction anyway. The new file is uploaded, so I've gone ahead and marked this one PL OK, so we can get this out the door.

Katydid is going slower, but I won't launch a new Bailey until after the New Year starts. Until then, I'm really busy at work and it looks as if we'll be moving in a few weeks.

Thanks again for all your help on these projects. :9:
You're welcome, Larry. Yes, I've been extremely busy, too, so after the first of the year would be a great time for a new project.