[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

WiltedScribe wrote: November 11th, 2018, 2:23 pm
afutterer wrote: November 7th, 2018, 12:20 pm PL NOTES:

SECTION 37 - The Three Fishers by Charles Kingsley

Just one thing on this one. The silence at the end is about 8.3s and should be about 5s.
Hey Anthony, do you have Leanne's notes for section 45? I think you forgot to post them, and she'd like to know what to fix. :P
Hey guys, so sorry for the delay on getting to this. We are wrapping a project at work so I am away from the desk, and of course there was hunting season in there too. :D

PL NOTES:

SECTION 45 - Women's Chorus by Aristophanes

Just one thing on this one. The silence at the end is about 8s and should be about 5s.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Foon

Post by Foon »

Aaah guys, sorry, I complete forgot that I offered to edit! :oops:

I'm getting on it now!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Foon ! Did you manage to change Leanne's wrong sample rate ?

I put it in the MW for Anthony

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 6:19 am Did you manage to change Leanne's wrong sample rate ?
Yes, I've found no problems with it whatsoever. What I do is open up the file in Audacity, set the Project Rate (lower left corner) to 44.1kHz, and then Tracks -> Resample -> 44.1kHz. Works perfectly for me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 6:21 am Yes, I've found no problems with it whatsoever. What I do is open up the file in Audacity, set the Project Rate (lower left corner) to 44.1kHz, and then Tracks -> Resample -> 44.1kHz. Works perfectly for me!
yes I know, that is not the problem, but for some reason, sometimes this distorts the voice enormously, she sounds very deep then, not at all her voice. :? Sometimes it's fine though, I don't know why at one point it changes and at others it doesn't. :hmm:

Well if her voice was fine, then all is well. Tomas had to change pitch in his recordings to make it sound like her again.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 6:23 am
Foon wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 6:21 am Yes, I've found no problems with it whatsoever. What I do is open up the file in Audacity, set the Project Rate (lower left corner) to 44.1kHz, and then Tracks -> Resample -> 44.1kHz. Works perfectly for me!
yes I know, that is not the problem, but for some reason, sometimes this distorts the voice enormously, she sounds very deep then, not at all her voice. :? Sometimes it's fine though, I don't know why at one point it changes and at others it doesn't. :hmm:

Well if her voice was fine, then all is well. Tomas had to change pitch in his recordings to make it sound like her again.

Sonia
Oh, I didn't realise that--I had no issues with it, no voice changes at all. Lucky me :D

Readers needed:
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: December 4th, 2018, 10:38 pm Here are a few DRs, including the intro part fixed with the comment at 1:13
yay, thank you for these, Jason ! That means I can assemble a few together now. Section 00 is PL ok and here's already our long intro essay patched together ! Luckily Leanne's voice wasn't distorted either this time.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_00_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 22:25 min.

Will do the other ones now...stay tuned

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

the Parrhasius part is also PL ok. This was such a shocking poem somehow. The uncaring way the painter is looking at the dying man, just seeing "art" in his pain, was very hard to swallow for me. :( But you delivered it excellently, Jason. :thumbs: Can't have been easy.

Here it is assembled:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_03_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 10:01 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Bishop Hatto has found his gruesome death. This poem always gives me a shudder. You made the bishop sound like quite a nasty piece of work ;) your part is PL ok and here is the finished version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_11_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:08 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the bishop in Countess Laura is also PL ok. Good job so far, Jason :) Keep them coming.

I already assembled Countess Laura, but noticed that Leanne had a few missing lines :( I'm sorry I missed them too in the preliminary PL job. :? My eyes must have jumped the same lines as yours because it starts so similarly with "he cried".

Leanne, could you please record those lines and upload them in a separate file ? I will insert them at the correct spots then in the final file (i noted the final time stamps, for easier reference)

> at 9:20: “he cried

> at 9:35: “The lofty flame, which bore him up so long,
Died in the ashes of humanity;
And the mere man rocked to and fro again
Upon the centre of his wavering heart.
He put aside his palette, as if thus
He stepped from sacred vestments, and assumed
A mortal function in the common world."

Thanks, and sorry for missing them the first time. Will PM you, in case you have already unsubscribed to the topic.

Here is the final file (not ready for PL yet, Anthony !)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_12_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 21:15 min.

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 9th, 2018, 10:44 am Uploaded
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/countesslaura.mp3
thank you, Leanne, this is PL ok now and integrated into the main text already. I see you managed to get the sample rate to 44,100 Hz now :thumbs: although I think your voice sounds a bit deeper than normal. But maybe you only had a cold. In any case, it's still you, so all is well. Glad you got the right settings again. :9:

Countess Laura is now ready for PL for Anthony.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_12_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 21:27 min

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 0, 2, 3, 6, 10, 11, 12, 21, 22, 23, 29, 33, 35, 38

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus