[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote: September 25th, 2018, 8:53 am YUP!

SECTION 9 PL OK
:lol: that was fast

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and a great start it is, Craig, thank you. You do realize yours will be the first voice the audience is hearing in this book. (unless they skip the intro essay :lol: )

PL ok and very expressively read.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and another one of mine, a very famous poem by Schiller. Already gave me goosebumps in the original German, and the English is fabulously translated:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_10_sonia_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:44 min.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: September 25th, 2018, 3:50 am
PL notes for 46:

> at 2:04: “For woman's wit and Papal fraud” – you said “witch

and thanks for the Prisoner of Chillon as well. I think that was the longest poem of the project, brave of you to tackle it. :thumbs:

Sonia
Thanks Sonia!

I'm listening to this and I'm definitely saying "wit" here--the "ch" sound you hear is just my breath on the "t" sound. I can try redoing this line but I'm not sure how differently I can do that :hmm:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: September 27th, 2018, 5:11 am I'm listening to this and I'm definitely saying "wit" here--the "ch" sound you hear is just my breath on the "t" sound. I can try redoing this line but I'm not sure how differently I can do that :hmm:
maybe you mean a different spot.

I mean "For woman's wit and Papal fraud", but just before that is also "How often woman's wit been there". There I hear "wit" very clearly, but in 2:04 I hear "witch".

I tried to cut out the "ch" sound and it works, you wouldn't even have to re-record. If you wish I can reupload the file I corrected ;)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: September 27th, 2018, 5:18 am
Foon wrote: September 27th, 2018, 5:11 am I'm listening to this and I'm definitely saying "wit" here--the "ch" sound you hear is just my breath on the "t" sound. I can try redoing this line but I'm not sure how differently I can do that :hmm:
maybe you mean a different spot.

I mean "For woman's wit and Papal fraud", but just before that is also "How often woman's wit been there". There I hear "wit" very clearly, but in 2:04 I hear "witch".

I tried to cut out the "ch" sound and it works, you wouldn't even have to re-record. If you wish I can reupload the file I corrected ;)

Sonia
I meant the same one--but you're right, the breath sound is a lot less in the previous instance (helps that I immediately start on the next word instead of having a tiny pause). If you want to upload an edited version that's fine by me!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: September 27th, 2018, 5:37 am I meant the same one--but you're right, the breath sound is a lot less in the previous instance (helps that I immediately start on the next word instead of having a tiny pause). If you want to upload an edited version that's fine by me!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_46_foon_128kb.mp3
to me it sounds clearer :)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sounds fine to me :thumbs: Thanks Sonia!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: September 27th, 2018, 5:59 am Here's my part of the introductory essay:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_00_various_128kb.mp3 5:03
absolutely PL ok, thank you. Only please always include your name in the file name for these DRs, otherwise it may get overwritten if someone else also uploads with this same name ;)

Awww when you mentioned "Curfew shall not ring tonight" I had fond memories because I was doing the narrator for that one a while back in one of the books of this series. :9:

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: September 27th, 2018, 6:38 am
Foon wrote: September 27th, 2018, 5:59 am Here's my part of the introductory essay:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_00_various_128kb.mp3 5:03
absolutely PL ok, thank you. Only please always include your name in the file name for these DRs, otherwise it may get overwritten if someone else also uploads with this same name ;)
Oh whoops, sorry! I always take another filename and just change the number, to avoid typos.. Must have grabbed one of my solos by accident. Do I need to change anything now?

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: September 27th, 2018, 6:51 am Do I need to change anything now?
no it's ok, I just changed it in the folder :)

and here are 4 more from me. I loved the gothic atmosphere of Bishop Hatto's fate :twisted: :

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_11_sonia_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:23 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_12_sonia_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:11 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_14_sonia_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:28 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_16_sonia_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:12 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Craig, and oh I loved the Roman father. Your voice sounds quite choking with sobs too, it really got to me. :( Awesome performance.

I had to grin when I heard about Achilleus and Agammemnon :lol: keeps pulling us back to Troilus and Cressida. Luckily you were spared to say "Troy-ans" :mrgreen:

Section 5 is PL ok but I have a few notes for the other two:

Section 2:

> at 1:45: "a speech most piteous" - you say "pious" (we have left the religion behind us now ;) )

> at 2:19: "strewed them upon the corpse" - I hear "stewed" (I might have heard wrong)

> at 2:23: "dragging pine-trunks and boughs" - I hear "nuts" (I'm quite sure I heard "nuts" here)

Section 6:

you forgot all the yellow highlighted parts, which were group speeches:

> at about 0:10: "The will, the will! we will hear Cæsar's will."

> at about 0:25: 7 missing speeches
- The will! the testament!
- Come down.
- Stand back; room; bear back.
- We'll mutiny.
- Peace, ho! Hear Antony, most noble Antony.
- Most true;—the will!—let's stay and hear the will.
- Peace, ho!

Sonia