[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, guys. :) I've updated the MW with all your submissions. It appears Sonia has had a very busy weekend, so she'll listen to them soon. It might take a few days to get caught up, so hold tight!
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

afutterer wrote: November 7th, 2018, 12:20 pm PL NOTES:

SECTION 37 - The Three Fishers by Charles Kingsley

Just one thing on this one. The silence at the end is about 8.3s and should be about 5s.
Hey Anthony, do you have Leanne's notes for section 45? I think you forgot to post them, and she'd like to know what to fix. :P
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: November 11th, 2018, 2:21 pm Thank you, guys. :) I've updated the MW with all your submissions. It appears Sonia has had a very busy weekend, so she'll listen to them soon. It might take a few days to get caught up, so hold tight!
thank you, Tomas, yes indeed this weekend wasn't easy. But I am catching up. I think there will be a lot to assemble here though, so I would be really really grateful if someone could give me a hand with that. Those interested please post which sections you would like to help with.

Leanne, I haven't listened to any of your sections yet, but already I can say, they all failed the checker because of the wrong sampling rate (48,000 instead of 44,100) :( I see your solo recordings are ok, so I wonder why Audacity keeps switching the rate :hmm:

Also the volume is much too loud in many of them, but that will be regulated anyway in assembling. Anyway, don't do anything yet, I'll PL them first.

Stay tuned !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Tomas, both PL ok now :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok Leanne, I listened to all your DR bits now and textually they are all PL ok and of course appropriately well acted out. :thumbs:

So now I don't know...I think I could also convert them to the correct sampling when I assemble, since I have to open the files anyway... Let's I won't make any distortion of sound (I had that once before when I tried :? )

But still, it would be good if you found out what is causing the changes in sample rate all the time. Maybe post the question in the help thread. There's always someone more tech-savvy about who might know an easy answer to it.

Thanks ! And I hope you recover well soon.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: November 11th, 2018, 8:40 amI drive through Liskeard, past St Keynes Church and well, every couple of weeks. I had no idea how great the water was (In fact I didn't know it was there.). I shall be filling a couple of containers, trying it out on my wife and selling it on Ebay. I'm going to make a fortune!!!!
:lol: I see you are quite a man of resources :mrgreen:

the text was so hilarious and you did the villager so well. I hope you put on a genuine Cornwall villager accent here 8-)
I may be wrong here, but I think there may have been a word missing ('hair'). Not sure how to check it with the original text. So I have included it in case you need it.
hm I think the text makes perfectly sense without the hair as well. She put the feather about herself (somewhere, not necessarily the hair). :hmm:

I'll think about it and check with another text before assembling.

in any case all 4 sections PL ok and excellently funnily acted out.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty wrote: November 12th, 2018, 6:00 am [ I hope you put on a genuine Cornwall villager accent here 8-)

I'll think about it and check with another text before assembling.

in any case all 4 sections PL ok and excellently funnily acted out.

Sonia
Genuine Cornish accent 'me luver'. Though I doubt any Cornishman would agree.

It wasn't really the sense of the text, there seemed to be a jarring break in the rhythm. I'm sure it's my mistake, so don't waste time on it.
Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok as you can see in the MW, 6 sections are ready to edit:

2, 6, 10, 23, 35 and 53.

I will not do them straightaway, hoping I may get some help along with some of them. If interested, please post the number you're going to assemble, so the work won't be done twice.

I'll do the rest tomorrow then.

Thanks

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Sonia,
I'll try my hand at editing 53.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: November 12th, 2018, 6:21 am Hi Sonia,
I'll try my hand at editing 53.
thank you, Foon :9: I'll put your name in the MW

Be careful with Leanne's file ! She has the wrong sample rate, you need to convert it first. And also check the volume in both your recordings, so you sound a bit similar ;)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_53_various_128kb.mp3 1:40

If this one's OK, I'll take another. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: November 12th, 2018, 7:13 am Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_53_various_128kb.mp3 1:40

If this one's OK, I'll take another. :)
I didn't check with the text now, I let Anthony do the final PL, but I had a listen in to check for spacing and volume and yes, it sounds excellent to me. :thumbs: The voices flow nicely into each other.

Was this your first editing job ? You're good at it :)

Thank you

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you :9: Yes, it was the first time editing different voices together.
I'll take a bigger one now, #10. :)

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: November 12th, 2018, 7:36 am Thank you :9: Yes, it was the first time editing different voices together.
I'll take a bigger one now, #10. :)
yay, thank you. I'll put it in.

Bigger is not necessarily more difficult, although it's more fiddling about with many open Audacity windows. But if you don't have to merge voices, it's not so difficult

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Nah, not more difficult... But more work to take off your plate ;) I figured I'd first try on a quick one how much time it'd take me!

Readers needed: