[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Posting updated version of Women's Chorus. I think that's everything from me, so I'm unsubbing.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_45_various_128kb.mp3
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 28 - Rizpah (17—) by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

The reading was great! However, the Checker found an issue.

- The sampling should be at 44.1kHz and is at 48k
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 32

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 37 - The Three Fishers by Charles Kingsley

Just one thing on this one. The volume is a little low at 85.8dB.
Anthony

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

leanneyauyau wrote: December 11th, 2018, 7:35 am Posting updated version of Women's Chorus. I think that's everything from me, so I'm unsubbing.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_45_various_128kb.mp3
I think you spoke too soon, Leanne. Anthony has more PL notes for you. :P

And yes, sorry about Section 28; I thought I had fixed the bitrate, but I must have overlooked it. :oops: It should be all good now.
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Just wanted to drop off a quick little notice before heading to bed:

Sonia and I are looking to wind down this project by the end of the year (preferably before Christmas), so we're going to have to be a bit stricter about how to do this. We propose that we relieve Jason of most of his remaining sections/roles if he doesn't get back to us with a plan of action within the next day or so. We would love it if Jason could do them all, but we also don't want to drag this project on for months on end unnecessarily. So if Jason is unable to complete his assignments, we will have to re-distribute them to everyone else (Jason can, for the time being, retain his roles in the 6-person DRs, as technically no one else from our group can record those roles). This means that everyone should expect to record a few more assignments for this project, with one important condition: that it be done as soon as possible. Ideally, when you receive your new assignments, you will record them within a few days, but not more. If you cannot do this, you must let us know. If it's difficult to do for most of you, we will have to find an emergency seventh person to come in and record those parts. That was actually our initial plan, but the person we asked declined, so we're hoping you guys can save the day and help out.

We will reassign on Thursday or Friday, even if we don't hear from Jason. The holidays are fast approaching, so unfortunately we can't afford to wait too long.

Thanks for now! :)
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

I have 10 of the short DRs and one short solo done, and will transfer them to my other computer, finish editing and upload in the morning. I should be able to finish the rest or know which ones that I can't do by mid-afternoon tomorrow.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

jasonb wrote: December 12th, 2018, 10:42 pm I have 10 of the short DRs and one short solo done, and will transfer them to my other computer, finish editing and upload in the morning. I should be able to finish the rest or know which ones that I can't do by mid-afternoon tomorrow.
Thank you, Jason, this is a great help to us. :9: We won't do anything until you get those files to us, then.
Tomas Peter
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: December 13th, 2018, 9:35 am Here are the first bunch. I have to run an errand and upon returning I will get the remaining ones edited and uploaded.
thanks so much, Jason !!! These will keep me occupied for some time :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I had a listen to them all, luckily they were shorties ;) I especially loved your stern King Conrad. And Jem's despair was also quite palpable. :? All very well done, Jason. :thumbs:

All PL ok apart from Section 48:

> at 0:13: you need to say "But that my draught should be better for that" - you say "than that" which changes the important meaning of this poem

> at about 0:19: missing line: "You drank of the well, I warrant, betimes?"

So we have a whole bunch to assemble again. I sign myself up for the long poem 26 The young gray head. But I leave the others up for grabs for now. If any of you want to help in the assembling, please claim here first, so the work is not done double.

Ready to edit and not yet claimed are: 16, 27, 39, 41 and 46

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the very sad poem of the young gray head :cry:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_26_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 21:55 min.

Enough for tonight. I leave them all open for grabs till tomorrow and then I'll take one of the remaining ones.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Jason. :) Sonia will take care of the PL work. I did my customary check of your final poem, and unfortunately you forgot to include the final outro that closes out the project. So I've immediately marked that with PL notes. When you make the edit we'll get Anthony to give it a final once-over. :thumbs:

Oh, and I'll edit some DRs tomorrow, hopefully. I won't claim right now, so Sonia can select what she wants tomorrow.
Tomas Peter