[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 31,40,43

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry Leanne, for some reason I must have overlooked this post :shock: (please also mention the length of the poems when you post ;) )

I'll put them all in the MW for Anthony.

Thanks, and I'm happy to hear back from you. I was starting to get worried. Hope uni isn't stressing you out too much.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 32 - The Drummer-Boy's Burial by Anonymous

Hey there! Great reading as always Leanne. Just a little thing here. It seems that the recording should end about 4:32m, however it continues on and there is a repeat of a phrase at about 4:32. I am thinking this is just an editting oversight. Please take a listen and let me know. Thanks.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 37 - The Three Fishers by Charles Kingsley

Just one thing on this one. The silence at the end is about 8.3s and should be about 5s.
Anthony

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent job so far, Tomas !!!
I checked the first 5 and they are all PL ok. Oooooh the judges were so deliciously blood-thirsty and evil. :twisted: I really liked your voice there. You thrive when you play the baddies :lol: I noticed that the end was wrongly colour-coded...could you maybe colour the judges in blue there as well, so that Jason won't get confused with Marzio. :?

My second favourite is Carlo, he was so torn in his love for the dead Laura (also had a bit of a drama-queen streak in him ;) which is good)

And for Sohrab, well....I always marvel how long these people can talk still after they have been deadly stabbed :mrgreen:

Good start ! Nothing to assemble yet though...on to the next batch

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the second batch is also excellently acted out. I love the Russian accent you're doing :mrgreen: And surprisingly, you gave Ivan quite a torn character. I see, you saw him totally different from the way I perceived him. Interesting touch.

And of course Macbeth's famous soliloquy is a pure treat :9:

20, 22 and 23 are already PL ok.

I have a small note for 17 (Bernardo del Carpio)

> at 1:15: “give answer, where are they?” – stumble: you say “who where

And I already assembled 21 (Dagger of the mind) even though there is another textual error here. Could you please download the finished file and insert your correction immediately into it, please ?

> at 1:01: “Proceeding from the heat-oppressèd brain?” – you say “heart-oppressèd”, which makes sense too, but I think Macbeth is past "heart" at this point already, so he will blame the heat ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_21_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:55 min.

Thanks !

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

So it says I have pl notes for section 45 but I don't see them?
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

As you can probably hear, my voice isn't great right now, so I will leave the last few DRs (which are bigger roles) to when my voice is better!
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_46_craig_128kb.mp3 0:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_48_craig_128kb.mp3 1:23

I drive through Liskeard, past St Keynes Church and well, every couple of weeks. I had no idea how great the water was (In fact I didn't know it was there.). I shall be filling a couple of containers, trying it out on my wife and selling it on Ebay. I'm going to make a fortune!!!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_51_craig_128kb.mp3 2:18
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_54_craig_128kb.mp3 10:19

I have recorded a duplicate line at 5:10, roughly.
I may be wrong here, but I think there may have been a word missing ('hair'). Not sure how to check it with the original text. So I have included it in case you need it.