[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: October 8th, 2018, 6:31 amQuestion: what is the deal with editing? Is there a particular person who does it or do we take turns?
I've recorded my part for At the Cedars and considering Sonia's lines are already done, I could edit them in when I edit my part tonight?
I usually PL all the DR sections first, so I normally edit them together once I PL the last file. So best to upload only your part.

But thanks for the offer. :9:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 24 - The Sack of Baltimore by Thomas Osborne Davis

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Foon

Post by Foon »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_20_foon_128kb.mp3 13:59
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_34_foon_128kb.mp3 2:46

I think those are my last ones, with the exception of the two Echoes--I'd like to wait with those until the other parts are in, so I can try to match inflexion etc; if that's ok?

Also, did you see the below post? It still shows as "See PL notes" in the MW.
Foon wrote: October 5th, 2018, 10:10 am
Here it is again!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_13_various_128kb.mp3 2:01
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 13 - Othello's Remorse: From 'Othello,' Act V. Sc. 2 by William Shakespeare

Perfect! PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for the delay, guys....

Craig, your king is absolutely PL ok. Quite a greedy bastard :evil: and the poor diver has to pay for it.
Foon wrote:I think those are my last ones, with the exception of the two Echoes--I'd like to wait with those until the other parts are in, so I can try to match inflexion etc; if that's ok?
of course, as you can see we are still far from being finished. Indeed it makes sense to emulate your Echo on the other readers. :thumbs:

Loukeria and the Narrator are both PL ok. Oh, you really moved me to tears with your heart-rending performance. I think this was also a hard text on you, I can hear it in your voice. When this first boy died, I really had a few tears in my eyes as well. This is one of the heaviest poems I ever had to read/listen to.

I already assembled Section 34, for Anthony to PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_34_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:51 min.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 34 - At the Cedars by Duncan Campbell Scott

PL OK
Anthony

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote: October 10th, 2018, 5:20 am PL NOTES:
SECTION 34 - At the Cedars by Duncan Campbell Scott
PL OK
thank you Anthony. You're on top of this one ;)

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that I am still here. Working a lot but I have recorded a few more sections, using my wife's computer and a whole elaborate set up that is making my recordings sound pretty much like they did before. It is taking a little more time to get things done as for some reason I am unable to install the LAME dll on her computer, so I have to record on her computer and then export it to mp3 on my computer, but I will get some sections in shortly.

On a side note, we sold our car in Panama today and the deal will finalize tomorrow, so I hope to fix and possibly upgrade my equipment and be able to get things back to normal.

Now if we could just sell the condo, my life would be closer to perfect.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks for checking in with us, Jason. Sorry to hear about all the extra effort needed to record. :( You must have a very understanding wife if she's giving you more access to her computer, hehe.

It's still early days yet. I figure, if we can do this before Christmas, we'll be fine. Preferably I'd have this done by the end of November, but if circumstances prevent that, Sonia and I won't be strict disciplinarians. :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 18th, 2018, 6:26 pm Here are my first few DR sections for PL:
thanks, Tomas. All 4 PL ok. Parrhasius has been narrated with great sensitivity :9: and I love the insistence in the final sentence. A very sad poem again :(

I loved the 1st citizen, you make him sound like an old dotard :lol: nice touch !

Nothing ready to assemble yet.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: October 21st, 2018, 8:03 am Sorry for the delay. Behind with everything at the moment.
thanks, Craig, will PL tomorrow. No stress. We still have some way to go in this project :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all three sections PL ok, Craig. Oh the story of Ginevra was so hard to listen to :cry: Such a tragedy and the thought of being buried alive gives me the creeps.

I loved your performance for Cardinal Camillo best 8-) he sounds every way a hypocritical clergic of the times ;)

great job ! Thanks. Nothing ready to assemble yet.

Sonia