[COMPLETE]World's Story 4: Greece and Rome - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 24th, 2018, 11:14 am Here is edited section 23, The Poet Bout. Fun.
thank you, Todd, for the precious editing help :9: will listen to soon

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and I have listened to The Bout of the Poets and give it a whole-hearted PL ok. A wonderful little play and well done by all of your :thumbs:

And thank you again for the editing, Todd.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay thank you :9: will listen as soon as I can, but I have accumulated a bit of a backlog over the weekend, so it won't be before tomorrow. But looking forward to this.

And Jim, you are not forgotten either, don't worry.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

No hurry for me, please. Jim
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 2:42 pm
benderca wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 2:10 pm for some reason my guy voices are always more reserved, suave, and debonair... (I wonder why that is... :hmm: ).
Is there a vodka martini shaken not stirred involved? :lol:

Chris
Funny you should ask, Chris. Yes, there usually is... :D
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

:( I am really sorry, but I'm afraid I will have to give up #85 after all. I had it recorded, but something happened with the recording where I forgot to plug my mic in and so it used the very bad computer's internal mic, so I would have to redo it, and I just don't have the time to get it done on time. Maybe later I will fix it up and submit for one of the short story collections...
Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry for the frustration.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: November 25th, 2018, 11:20 am :( I am really sorry, but I'm afraid I will have to give up #85 after all. I had it recorded, but something happened with the recording where I forgot to plug my mic in and so it used the very bad computer's internal mic, so I would have to redo it, and I just don't have the time to get it done on time. Maybe later I will fix it up and submit for one of the short story collections...
Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry for the frustration.
awww I'm really sorry to hear that :( I totally understand that it's frustrating to have to re-do a section. It happened to me once but that was only a short poem, and already I was annoyed.

But if you consider using the file for the short story collection, you could also use it here :hmm: the internal mic probably wasn't such bad quality to be unusable. How much time would you need ? Is two more weeks ok ?

edit: extension granted till December 11th :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 1:30 pm Here is 79:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_79_tappan_128kb.mp3 21.54 KB
22:58
I might be made hungry, except I am still recovering from yesterday's feast. :shock: Jim
finally had a listen to this grandiose feast. This is actually more an "event-dinner" than a simple meal. The host was a right trickster :lol: And my stomach feels bloated just by thinking that I would have to eat so much. :?

I found it sad that after such a great meal, they end up quarrelling apparently. :lol:

Excellent reading, throughout, no disturbing detectable stomach-growling :mrgreen: so this is PL ok.

Thanks for the quick turn-around, Jim.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I was not prepared for such a gruesome depiction in the arena :? Made me feel quite faint to listen to this section. I never read Quo Vadis, and now I am not inclined to ever read it. Man's inhumanity to Man. :cry: So sad.

Kudos that you managed to get through this so well. And all PL ok. Thank you so much.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

And here you are: First customer with a pocket full of money, an open-minded attitude, and ready to buy a philosopher!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_33_firstcustomer_tappan_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: November 26th, 2018, 2:48 am And here you are: First customer with a pocket full of money, an open-minded attitude, and ready to buy a philosopher!
:lol: what an introduction of yourself. Thank you, TJ, for the long-awaited Customer :9: :9: You sound so amazed and full of wonder at the new things you hear from Pythagoras. What an excellent performance. Well worth the wait.

Totally PL ok.

And this means I can finish assembling the play. I've got it all ready but only need to put your lines to the correct spots.
Jim: you can get ready to PL this little gem tonight :mrgreen: I will upload this evening.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: November 26th, 2018, 2:56 am
benderca wrote: November 26th, 2018, 2:48 am And here you are: First customer with a pocket full of money, an open-minded attitude, and ready to buy a philosopher!
:lol: what an introduction of yourself. Thank you, TJ, for the long-awaited Customer :9: :9: You sound so amazed and full of wonder at the new things you hear from Pythagoras. What an excellent performance. Well worth the wait.

Totally PL ok.

And this means I can finish assembling the play. I've got it all ready but only need to put your lines to the correct spots.
Jim: you can get ready to PL this little gem tonight :mrgreen: I will upload this evening.

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! And thanks for your patience! :9:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Are you getting any sleep? You are fierce in your attack upon the myriad submissions. :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: November 26th, 2018, 5:19 amAre you getting any sleep? You are fierce in your attack upon the myriad submissions. :clap:
don't worry, I do sleep from time to time ;)

and here is the long awaited (at least by me) Philosophers' Sale. I am dead chuffed that I really got 19 voices together for this play :9: and it all sounds great. You guys are great !

Jim, have fun being the first to listen to it (apart from me). Please tell me honestly whether the many footnotes do not disturb too much from the action in the play. :? I know there were many, but I really think especially in this play, explaining the philosophies behind it all is quite interesting. But I hope it doesn't sound too odd with the interruptions.

Also please read along with the text, to make sure everything is at the right spot.
Thank you :9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_33_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 34:02 min.

Sonia