[COMPLETE]World's Story 4: Greece and Rome - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Here's section 75

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_75_tappan_128kb.mp3
1:50

Will have my last 2 for you sometime this weekend...
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 6:48 pmHere is a draft of Section 62. I want to do a little more grooming before I call it done, but I do think I have all the citizens properly speaking together in this.
thank you for your invaluable help, Todd :9: I will wait for your green light before I PL this.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jo. Perfectly PL ok again :) I knew about the arena flooded with water, but setting up whole forests to hunt down beasts was new to me. :shock:

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 11:51 am Here are my last two sections - the glory and then the fall of Rome...
the emperor title was sold to the highest bidder :shock: no wonder they were heading to a fall...

two flawless PL ok sections yet again, and this concludes your sections for this book, Jo. Thank you so much for being the "red thread" throughout the ages yet again.

And I hope I see you again in the next book. At the rate we're going, I think I will launch that one next week. :mrgreen:

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I keep an eye out for it! :)
Jo
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 6:48 pm Here is a draft of Section 62. I want to do a little more grooming before I call it done, but I do think I have all the citizens properly speaking together in this.

Really liked all the reader contributions to this! Nice work.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_62_tappan_128kb.mp3

length 19:24

Thanks, Todd
All done and ready for PL. Nice readings!

Length now 19:07.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 6:00 pm All done and ready for PL. Nice readings!
thank you, Todd. I will listen to it this afternoon. Looking forward to that.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 6:00 pm All done and ready for PL. Nice readings!
:clap: wonderful job, Todd !!! And you managed to put all the voices together and still they are distinctly understandable. :shock: I actually didn't think we could do it with so many. I especially like the fast pace you set when the mob is speaking, it gives the whole setting a dynamic and kinda chaos, well fitting. And then in between, Antony, and before Brutus, speak so calmly. :thumbs:

Love it. I only think the background noise needed a bit of cleaning. I have done it to the downloaded file to have a better listening experience. Is it ok to just upload my version now, or would you prefer to run the noise-cleaning yourself and re-upload ? I have my file ready, and could quickly upload, as you wish.

Other than that: PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Why don't you use your cleaned file? I guess my ears are continuing to decline - I heard no noise. I also visually saw nothing in Audacity.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: November 4th, 2018, 6:29 am Why don't you use your cleaned file? I guess my ears are continuing to decline - I heard no noise. I also visually saw nothing in Audacity.
it might also be my ears who hear noise that isn't there :( I guess I just leave your file as it is. Let's not meddle any more in it. You're right, I can't see the noise either visually. Maybe it's my ears.

It's PL ok and we won't change a bit. :thumbs: Thanks again, for the great help here, Todd. :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hypatia wrote: I just want to let you know that I have recorded section 64 (Augustus, the shrewd young emperor) and hopefully will have it edited and uploaded in the next few days. Don't want you to re-assign it to someone else! :)
oh I am sooo happy that you notified me in time. I was about to orphan your part tomorrow. But I'm glad to hear you're still interested :9: I liked your narration and I'm happy to hear more soon.

I will give you a one-month extension, so you'll have till 5th December :)

Thank you

Sonia
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

Thanks Sonia, much appreciated! :)

Hyp
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 17, a wonderful story as you will hear:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_17_tappan_128kb.mp3 41.38 KB

44:08

Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: November 4th, 2018, 8:04 pm Here is 17, a wonderful story as you will hear:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume04_17_tappan_128kb.mp3 41.38 KB
thank you, Jim, you are true to your word. :thumbs: And I absolutely adored this story (although it had a tragic ending for Atta, who never wanted the war). But what I love here is the fact that the famous battle of the 300 Spartans against the Persian army is seen here through the eyes of a "normal" civilian, the name Leonidas is not even mentioned, even though he surely was the proud captain of the army who spoke with Atta that day in the camp. I love such point-of-views. :9:

And it was a flawless reading again and can be marked PL ok immediately. And thanks for tackling the longest section (yet again).

What I also liked in the beginning was the fact that I could picture the scenery totally well, when Atta scrambled in the hills above the Thermopylae. I visited that place some years ago and did both the Thermopylae sightseeing and Delphi in the same day.

The Thermopylae were a bit of a let-down though...the museum was nice enough and the movie they showed us there quite informative, but they don't really know the exact spot where the battle took place and the only thing that was pointed out for being the most accurate spot was now cemented over and a sort of parking place :lol: They did have a huge monument for the 300 though at the roadside. (which we almost missed driving by :shock: but we turned around for a photo-session immediately).

Fond memories of a memorable holiday trip.

Thanks !

Sonia