[COMPLETE] Troilus and Cressida by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hamlet wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:00 am I think it was at this stage of King Lear that we were openly discussing the next project. As I recall, I was the first to suggest Troilus and Cressida. So this time (whether the discussion happens now or after we're finished) I'll keep quiet this time and accept whichever play is chosen. :D
Hehe, well, technically our old partner Tony first brought up this play, but your suggestion solidified it. I don't know what ya'll are thinking for the next one, but I wonder if it's time to do a pure comedy? We've done two romances, one tragedy and now this "problem play." It'd be nice to have something lighter. Just a thought (and we have time to think on it, since it's not likely we'll start another one until December).
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:57 amWe've done two romances, one tragedy and now this "problem play."
you forget that I as one of the original members have done two comedies (of sorts) Midsummer Night's Dream and Twelfth Night. But that was before your time ;)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: September 19th, 2018, 12:04 pm
WiltedScribe wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:57 amWe've done two romances, one tragedy and now this "problem play."
you forget that I as one of the original members have done two comedies (of sorts) Midsummer Night's Dream and Twelfth Night. But that was before your time ;)
I didn't forget. :P But as that was a few years ago now, maybe you'll want to get into the comedic spirit again. :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: September 19th, 2018, 12:20 pmI didn't forget. :P But as that was a few years ago now, maybe you'll want to get into the comedic spirit again. :mrgreen:
yes of course, nothing wrong with a good comedy, I only meant, let's not do those two again. :lol:

Now, Brad I listened to your Scene 3.1. and it is perfectly assembled. The pacing was so great, in some parts where they fall into each other's words almost, very well done. :thumbs: No errors, nothing missing. Absolutely PL ok. The sound and volume of us all is also excellently similar.

Now I need to get some epiphany off my chest. I was nearly in the middle of the discussion with Pandarus and Paris that I realized with a shock that it was Craig in both roles and he basically was talking to himself for most of the act. I was so absorbed in the plot and the voices are so different that I completely forgot it was the same reader, until I remembered who was speaking. Great job, Craig. (and I do understand that Helen fell for Paris' charming voice :9: )

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Kitty wrote: September 20th, 2018, 11:30 am
WiltedScribe wrote: September 19th, 2018, 12:20 pmI didn't forget. :P But as that was a few years ago now, maybe you'll want to get into the comedic spirit again. :mrgreen:
yes of course, nothing wrong with a good comedy, I only meant, let's not do those two again. :lol:

A shame. I once played Oberon--way back in high school. It might have been fun to revisit it. lol

Brad
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Yeah, for Sonia's sake we won't revisit those. Maybe when we've done every other play, and she's OK with performing in them again (in different roles).

If no one is itching for comedy, we can also do a history play. As far as I know, none of them have been produced more than once on here, unlike some of the comedies. Doesn't matter to me!
Tomas Peter
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

As I said, I'll go with whatever one is picked. The histories have gigantic cast lists, although most of the parts are small. And if we pick a play from the two tetralogies, some of the roles continue into the following play--so if we wanted to, it would be the beginning of quite an epic series for us--eight plays in all! lol. But that's probably too ambitious a project. "King John" and "Henry VIII" stand alone, however--and there's also "Edward III" although not everyone considers that a true part of the canon.

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Nothing has been said for many days now. I guess we're in a holding pattern for Troilus! :)

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: October 1st, 2018, 4:38 pmNothing has been said for many days now. I guess we're in a holding pattern for Troilus! :)
haha yes, but once Tomas gets going we'll all be busy editing our sections. After that it will quickly get to the finishing line. And then we can discuss the next play.... I trust our small group will remain intact for the next one ?

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'll certainly be available. I've been enjoying this!

Brad
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I think I'll get Troilus to everyone in pieces, so that the editing work doesn't become overwhelming. Here are his lines for the first two acts:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_troilus_1_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_troilus_2_2.mp3
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 6:14 pmI think I'll get Troilus to everyone in pieces, so that the editing work doesn't become overwhelming. Here are his lines for the first two acts:
excellently done, Tomas, you managed to make him sound very boyish and young still, a bit romantic, but also hot-headed in the right scenes. I can hear the smile on your face for most of 2.2. in your speech. He's a right mocker ;)

1.1. already PL ok, and that means, Brad can get going with his editing job !

For 2.2. I have a small note:

> at 1:00: “or like a star dis-orbed” – you say “dis-robed”. Not sure if this is significant, but dis-orbed does make more sense for a star-simile. :hmm:

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Well, it might mean a movie star disrobed!

By the way, I was listening to one of the projects you did before I joined you. Why couldn't I hear the bear roar in Winter's Tale? :)

Brad
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hamlet wrote: October 4th, 2018, 1:31 pm Well, it might mean a movie star disrobed!
:lol: I can assure everyone this was not a Freudian slip! The word "disrobe" is more familiar to me than "disorb," so I guess my brain saw the word it was more used to seeing. Anyway, I corrected that error and re-uploaded.

I also have two more acts of Troilus:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_troilus_3_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_troilus_4_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_troilus_4_3.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_troilus_4_4.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_troilus_4_5.mp3

With any luck, I will finish the last act tomorrow, and we can then commence editing en masse!
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 4th, 2018, 6:29 pm With any luck, I will finish the last act tomorrow, and we can then commence editing en masse!
super, thank you Tomas, all those scenes are PL ok.

That means the following are ready for assembling:

Brad: 1.1. / 4.2. / 4.3.
Craig: 2.2. / 3.2. / 4.4.
Tomas: 3.3. / 4.5.

I notice my editing scenes only come later on, so I have nothing to do yet :mrgreen: Well I will PL all your sections, so keep them coming.

Sonia