[COMPLETE] Troilus and Cressida by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Sonia! Both are PL OK. This act will have a very quick pace, appropriate for war scenes. And all our voices are distinct enough not to meld into each other. :9: (Also, I edited the last two scenes yesterday, and they're also ready for PL)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 7th, 2018, 12:53 pm Thanks, Sonia! Both are PL OK. This act will have a very quick pace, appropriate for war scenes. And all our voices are distinct enough not to meld into each other. :9: (Also, I edited the last two scenes yesterday, and they're also ready for PL)
thank you, Tomas. Yes I saw your two scenes as well. Will probably not PL them tonight though, it's getting late already.

Meanwhile, Brad, 4.2. is also PL ok, and very well done. I again made a few changes in the breaks, but nothing big. I don't think these adjustements need a special spot PL. I will listen to it all once again anyway at the end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_4_2.mp3

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Brad your last scene 4.3. is also PL ok. No changes needed. Thanks for the great job. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Tomas, I saw your sections are very short so I checked them after all. Both PL ok. Wonderful how clear our merged voices were still understandable. :thumbs: Well crafted.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

The final Act 1 file has been uploaded! :) Everyone sounds so great!
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Act 2 is also up for PL. I also have the final cast list ready to insert:
<b><a href="https://librivox.org/reader/10789">Tomas Peter</a></b>: Narrator; Troilus; Achilles; Ulysses; Calchas; Deiphobus; Servant to Troilus; Fourth Soldier.<br>
<b><a href="https://librivox.org/reader/9905">Brad “Hamlet” Filippone</a></b>: Prologue; Agamemnon; Hector; Diomedes; Thersites; Alexander; Antenor; Servant to Paris; Third Soldier.<br>
<b><a href="https://librivox.org/reader/11305">Craig Franklin</a></b>: Pandarus; Ajax; Nestor; Paris; Menelaus; Andromache; Helenus; Second Soldier.<br>
<b><a href="https://librivox.org/reader/10179">Sonia</a></b>: Cressida; Aeneas; Patroclus; Cassandra; Priam; Helen; Margarelon; Myrmidon; Servant to Diomedes; First Soldier.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 8th, 2018, 9:26 am The final Act 1 file has been uploaded! :) Everyone sounds so great!
I totally agree, and almost 1 hour long :shock: Super well assembled too. And in some dialogues you would think we really were in the same room after having practiced together :thumbs: Wonderful and totally PL ok.

I will delete the superfluous Act 1 role files now, so I don't have to do everything at the end. Clicking on the x-button for over 100 times is tiresome :lol: Never do that again, Tomas !

Will try to do Act 2 today still

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 2 is also PL ok.

Ouch, that second strike at the beginning (Ajax/Thersites) must have really hurt :? And I live the large-hall effect you gave Cassandra outside, Tomas :thumbs: nice touch. Other than that, all perfectly assembled beforehand and we sound great together. I especially loved the first scene, Thersites railing and insulting Ajax at every turn :lol: I bet the audience enjoyed that as well in Shakespeare's times.

More roles to delete, yay.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

4.5 and 5.1 are ready for PL!
Tomas Peter
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

If Ajax is a bulldozer, what is Thersites?

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: October 15th, 2018, 4:34 pmIf Ajax is a bulldozer, what is Thersites?
good question...maybe a needle sticking out of your favourite cushion when you want to lay down your head :mrgreen:

Tomas: 4.5 and 5.1 are both PL ok. Great job and we sound all perfect. The voices are all very distinct too. I only found that my Patroclus and Cressida are a bit too similar in that scene they have together :? luckily it's a short scene.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Craig, just wanted to touch base with your editing. Is it coming along, or would you like us to re-distribute? If we do the latter, then you'd only be responsible for one scene. However, if you've started all four and want to see them through, not to worry. We just haven't had an update recently, and the project is nearing the finish line. :)
Tomas Peter
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/troilusandcressida_3_2.mp3 13:31

Sorry about the delays. Things a bit frantic at the moment. I will try to get the rest done ASAP
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 20th, 2018, 12:57 pm Craig, just wanted to touch base with your editing. Is it coming along, or would you like us to re-distribute? If we do the latter, then you'd only be responsible for one scene. However, if you've started all four and want to see them through, not to worry. We just haven't had an update recently, and the project is nearing the finish line. :)
Hi Thomas
Sorry I haven't responded earlier. I am happy to sort out the editing, but it will be a couple of weeks probably before it is all finished. I am in the process of setting up a new business and have a deadline of 2nd week of November to get a premises prepared. The last two weeks were the major ones and so should be a bit calmer for a while.
Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: October 21st, 2018, 10:12 amSorry I haven't responded earlier. I am happy to sort out the editing, but it will be a couple of weeks probably before it is all finished. I am in the process of setting up a new business and have a deadline of 2nd week of November to get a premises prepared. The last two weeks were the major ones and so should be a bit calmer for a while.
Craig, I feel too bad just lying back and waiting for you to do all the work, when you have so much going on right now.

You did one section, thank you for that. I think, since we are a team, that means, we will help out when needed. I'm sure the others think the same way.

You had three sections left... if Brad and Tomas are willing to help, each of us can do one, and you'll be off duty from now on and can concentrate on setting up your business.

Then come back in full force !!!! :9:

Brad, Tomas...are you ok to tackle one of the sections ? If yes, please claim in here which one you will take. I will take the last remaining then.

Sonia