[Complete] State of the Union Addresses 1849-1856 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Spoken4

Post by Spoken4 »

linny wrote: July 20th, 2018, 9:15 am You did a wonderful job with the material. :D

Section 5 is PL ok with the exception of the volume. The file is currently at 92.5dB. We aim for 89dB with an allowable range of 86-92dB. Please lower the volume some.

If you do decided to taken section 6 do you think section 5 should end at 45:45? You put in a long pause there which was indeed a break in topic. It would be up to you.
Section 05 re-uploaded at -3dB: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1849_1856_05_various_128kb.mp3

I've made no changes to material. The break between parts seems satisfactory as is, between the subject of tariffs and that of public lands.
-Spoken4 (Charles).
linny

Post by linny »

Owen, I’m so sorry I didn’t see that claim. Section 2 is yours! Thank you for pointing this out. I’m going to blame it on the medication. I was recovering from surgery and certainly not on the top of my game. :oops:
linny

Post by linny »

Jake0fTrades wrote: July 21st, 2018, 8:36 am Hallo! Is Section 2 still available?
Jack, I’m sorry but section 2 was claimed already. I mistakenly didnt get the claim in the MW. Are you interested in another section?
Jake0fTrades

Post by Jake0fTrades »

linny wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 6:26 am
Jake0fTrades wrote: July 21st, 2018, 8:36 am Hallo! Is Section 2 still available?
Jack, I’m sorry but section 2 was claimed already. I mistakenly didnt get the claim in the MW. Are you interested in another section?
I'll pass for now.
linny

Post by linny »

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. I’m sorry for the confusion.
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

linny wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 6:25 am Owen, I’m so sorry I didn’t see that claim. Section 2 is yours! Thank you for pointing this out. I’m going to blame it on the medication. I was recovering from surgery and certainly not on the top of my game. :oops:
Oh, no need to apologize at all! It's my fault for burying my claim at the end of a paragraph about this-and-that.

Here are section 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1849_1856_01_various_128kb.mp3
27:03

and section 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1849_1856_02_various_128kb.mp3
23:52

Please let me know if anything needs changing.

Hope you feel better!
~~Owen
linny

Post by linny »

Execellent. Thank you, Owen. I’ll take a listen tomorrow morning.
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

I'd be happy to claim sections 11 and 12 if that suits your purposes.

Best,
Mark
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Mark,
I'm glad to have you join. I'll add you to the MW. :)
linny

Post by linny »

Spoken4 wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 1:43 am Section 05 re-uploaded at -3dB: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1849_1856_05_various_128kb.mp3

I've made no changes to material. The break between parts seems satisfactory as is, between the subject of tariffs and that of public lands.
Spot check PL OK! Thank you. :)

Did you want to continue with the second part?
linny

Post by linny »

Owen,
You did a wonderful job on your Presidential reading style. Any interest in Fillmore?

I did hear two word changes impacting meaning.

Section 1
14:18 word change - The commissioner on the part of the United States for marking the boundary between the two Republics, though delayed in reaching San Diego by unforeseen obstacles, arrived at that place within a short period after the time required by the treaty, and was there joined by the commissioner on the part of Mexico.
I hear commission

Section 2
8:12 word change - I also recommend the establishment of a branch mint in California, as it will, in my opinion, afford important facilities to those engaged in mining, as well as to the Government in the disposition of the mineral lands.
I hear recommended
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

linny wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:05 am Owen,
You did a wonderful job on your Presidential reading style.

Oh, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :9:
linny wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:05 am Any interest in Fillmore?
:oops: I'm afraid I don't have a lot of respect for Fillmore. (As a descendant of Irish immigrants, I don't have much truck with anybody who would seek office as a Know-Nothing!) How about this: If nobody else wants his 1852 sections in two weeks or so, then you can assign them to me? Or is that too weird?
linny wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:05 am I did hear two word changes impacting meaning.

Section 1
14:18 word change - The commissioner on the part of the United States for marking the boundary between the two Republics, though delayed in reaching San Diego by unforeseen obstacles, arrived at that place within a short period after the time required by the treaty, and was there joined by the commissioner on the part of Mexico.
I hear commission

Section 2
8:12 word change - I also recommend the establishment of a branch mint in California, as it will, in my opinion, afford important facilities to those engaged in mining, as well as to the Government in the disposition of the mineral lands.
I hear recommended
Wow, great catch! I've uploaded new versions here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1849_1856_01_various_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1849_1856_02_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks for giving this such careful attention!

~~Owen
linny

Post by linny »

Owen,
Sections 1-2 are both PL OK. No problem about Fillmore. There is also one Pierce address left. If that doesn't work, Buchanan and Lincoln are next up. :D
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

linny wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 9:50 am Hi Mark,
I'm glad to have you join. I'll add you to the MW. :)
Pleased to be on board for this project. I've been pre-reading and making some notes to myself. I have what seems like a rudimentary question, but I'll ask anyway. Need I include an "end of part 1" comment at the end of the first recording? Or, will the two parts of section 11 be combined when released, and thus I only need add "end of section ___" when I finish the second half?

edit: now that I think about it, the instructions do tell me to include "part 1" as part of the introduction, so from that I suppose I could conclude I need to acknowledge the end of a given part.

Thanks in advance for your sage advice!

Best,
Mark
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Mark,
Most folks end with ‘end of section #’. If you end with the section title then please do indicate the part # as well. I suppose I could make that clearer in the first post. Overall I’m not picky if a reader uses the # or the title.

The sections do not get combined. I’ve split them because we have a limit of 72 minutes per section. Also, such long sections would be really tough for the reader and therefore harder to find readers for.