[COMPLETE][FULL] World's Story 3: Egypt, Africa, Arabia - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks for asking before recording :)
The painting has been assigned to someone else, so I know I don't mess with that.

yes the paintings are dealt with in a separate section
How are the editor's notes read aloud? Like footnotes: "Editor's note: ... The Editor. End of Editor's note"?
no that is only for footnotes. You can simply start by reading the editor's note as it's written in the book, ending simply with "... the editor", like it is written in the book. I myself would use a bit of a different tone of voice and make a short break if I insert an editor's comment in a text, to set it a bit apart from the rest of the text, but that's up to you. :) It will become clear which is an editor's text and which is the poem.

Sonia
swalkerl

Post by swalkerl »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

swalkerl wrote: July 20th, 2018, 6:05 pm Here's section 93:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_093_tappan_128kb.mp3
it's 05:28
super, thank you, I put it in the MW and will try to get around PLing it this afternoon. Stay tuned :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

swalkerl wrote: July 20th, 2018, 6:05 pm Here's section 93:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_093_tappan_128kb.mp3
it's 05:28
I have finished listening to the very touching story :9: It is beautifully and flawlessly read :clap: I like your way of narrating in a quiet voice but still giving the characters a bit of a personal note in their direct speeches. Well done, and it makes it lively to listen to.

I will mark this section PL ok, although I would like to point out that your ending silence is only 3 seconds, instead of the standard 5 seconds. No need to reupload for this time, but I mention it for your further recordings then ;)

Thanks and looking forward to the other two stories.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 32:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_032_tappan_128kb.mp3 22.50 KB

24:00

Hope all is well! Jim :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you both, Tomas and Jim :9: you've been prolific this weekend. And I am so far behind in my PL backlog now. :? But if I can't get to them today, I promise I'll do them tomorrow.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

No rush! 8-)
Farnood

Post by Farnood »

Hi Sonia,

Happy to see you put another volume up here. I really appreciate it. :)
I would like to claim the following sections: 54, 57, 60, 61, 80, 81, 82, and 84.

Thanks,
Farnood
Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Farnood wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 12:30 pmI would like to claim the following sections: 54, 57, 60, 61, 80, 81, 82, and 84.
oh hi again :) wow you want to take that many in one go ?

I can sign you up for 7 of these. For the moment Section 80. A modern battlefield is unofficially reserved for LordArcane, pending a one-minute-test. I put a memo note in the MW the day it got claimed. I want to keep that section reserved for now. But the others are yours. Have fun and thanks for claiming.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 21st, 2018, 1:46 pmHere are all my sections, including Dolabella in the Shakespeare. Hope everything is narrated to your liking! :D
ok finally, sorry for being so late in PLing, but I wanted to get my solo finished over the weekend :9: (I managed, yay !)

And yes, I liked ALL of your sections and they are all PL ok. :thumbs:

I love your portrayal of Dolabella as a very sensitive guy, I like this performance a lot. If ever we stage this play for our group, this would be a good role for you. :D

And concerning the saphie writers, I think the white men easily could exploit this superstition for their own gains. (it probably was done on many occasions) :roll:

The final section was hilarious :lol: although the story was familiar to me, and it was quite obvious what would happen, I still had to giggle at the outcome.

Thanks for participating again, Tomas !! And I'm sure I'll see you in the next instalment as well. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and now I know all about how often Rameses had to be moved from tomb to tomb to escape the looters :shock: A pity they could not have stayed in their tombs unmolested. But it was a very interesting section, yet again, and entertaining to listen to. Also, no errors, I'll mark it PL ok straight away. :thumbs:

Thanks, Jim !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you, Sonia. Things are looking good for Volume 3. You are to be applauded for your dedication! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 4:21 amThings are looking good for Volume 3. You are to be applauded for your dedication! :clap:
:9: yes it's progressing nicely. But I couldn't do it without the participation of all of you !

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

How are we pronouncing 'Tappan'?
TAP-an
ta-PAN
:?: