[COMPLETE][FULL] World's Story 3: Egypt, Africa, Arabia - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: September 24th, 2018, 4:27 am Since I haven't heard back from Philip, section 73 has been switched to Jim now. Thanks !

Sonia
Yes, I hope he's ok. Last we heard, I think, he was having some sort of medical procedure done. He expected to be back before now. :cry:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: September 24th, 2018, 6:02 am Yes, I hope he's ok. Last we heard, I think, he was having some sort of medical procedure done. He expected to be back before now. :cry:
yes I must admit, I'm quite worried too :(

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thank you for two more interesting sections. I especially liked the very emotional ending of section 60, where they are praying in the desert. You conveyed it very life-like. :thumbs:

Section 60 is already PL ok.

In section 61, Athman's over-the-top happiness at returning to the oasis was really very funny. :lol:

I have a few PL notes here:

> could use a round of noise cleaning

> at 2:09: p. 349: stumble and repeat: ""Imagine to yourself" - you first say "I imagine to myself", this can be cut out

> at 4:07: p. 350: "he groped in the hood of his burnous - you say "she"

> at 8:10: p. 352: stumble and repeat "possession of his hand"

that's all, the rest is fine. Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 24th, 2018, 5:15 pm Here is 73:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_073_tappan_128kb.mp3 36.43 KB
38:51
wow you are lightning-fast :shock: and even though the section was so long. And it's totally PL ok. Thank you so much.

I thought the author was invading the people's privacy a bit too rudely in the beginning, by dragging out the women against their will. :? But luckily he really meant them no harm. Interesting article.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yeah, I felt that too about the women. But he is white and male so he can do whatever he wants. The dwarf lifestyle brought into focus the difference between hunter and gatherer living and agricultural. Have you read Ishmael, the novel; he makes much of the difference, preferring the former. I taught it a few times. Thanks for accepting a rather ragged rendition. Jim :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 25th, 2018, 3:00 pmThe dwarf lifestyle brought into focus the difference between hunter and gatherer living and agricultural. Have you read Ishmael, the novel; he makes much of the difference, preferring the former. I taught it a few times.
ah no I haven't read or heard of that novel yet. Who wrote it ? Probably not PD yet....

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yeah, too recent for PD. The author is Daniel Quinn. It's provocative. Jim
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

(20:11) SECTION 42 FIXED

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_042_tappan_128kb.mp3

Thanks for letting me finish this. I wanted to do this chapter in particular because one of my French ancestors almost went to work on the Suez Canal, but was instead drafted for the Franco-Prussian War. So it's always kind of interested me.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: October 10th, 2018, 10:53 am (20:11) SECTION 42 FIXED
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_042_tappan_128kb.mp3
Thanks for letting me finish this. I wanted to do this chapter in particular because one of my French ancestors almost went to work on the Suez Canal, but was instead drafted for the Franco-Prussian War. So it's always kind of interested me.
oh wow, highly interesting family history there. :thumbs:

And thanks for the excellent patching, now totally PL ok. See you over in Book 4 later :9:

And now we only need Farnood's sections before this can get archived. Yay.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

54, 57 and 61 are already Spot PL ok. I was still a bit disturbed by the humming noise, so I quickly did one round of noise-cleaning myself and now the sound is clearer :)

Now on to the two last sections... stay tuned

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 80 is also PL ok . I only did one round of noise-cleaning, since there were no textual errors, I figured I don't have to bother you with that ;)

This is the 100th PL ok section :clap: we're almost there

BTW you made the sound of whooshing bullets quite life-like :shock: excellently done !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And Section 84 is PL ok as well. Thank you so much, Farnood, for taking extra care not to include any textual error :9: that way, we can finally archive the project today !!!! Once again, I did a bit of noise-cleaning, but the reading was excellent ! I found the scene very funny where Abraham had to bend over and try to keep sitting in the saddle at the same time :lol:

Sonia