[COMPLETE] A Key To Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you, Kathrine. 21 is PL OK.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I have opened Section 11, and removed the FULL designation in the title.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 52 PL OK

Section 49 PL Notes
Kudos on your delivery of that Lovejoy speech, Larry. This was one of the most passionately moving passages of this whole book! The whole chapter is so interesting. Looks like angry mobs burning down buildings are nothing new here in America, eh?
Just one PL note:
32:15 and earnestly entreated them, I hear reteeted.
Last edited by msfry on November 27th, 2018, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

May i please be assigned sect 11 ?
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: November 27th, 2018, 3:29 pm May i please be assigned sect 11 ?
Thanks, Bill. That will make us FULL again!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks for the PL, Michele!
I'll try to get those corrections done, and my last section.
Major life events the next couple of weeks, plus overtime at work.
But, clearer days ahead.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_11_stowe_128kb.mp3 22:41

Mistakenly uploaded it a few minutes ago under my internal file name.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bill. 11 is PL OK.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Thank you for the prompt feedback, Michele.
This project has been very interesting - both your own commentary and that of all the other contributors.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here are the two corrected files that I owe:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_49_stowe_128kb.mp3 33:41
https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_55_stowe_128kb.mp3 42:01

And, I have just recorded my final section. I'll have time over the next week to edit it, maybe tomorrow since it will be a rainy day.

The recording is a little rough since I'm just getting through a cold. Doesn't happen often, but never convenient, esp. when one talks for a living.

This is my first recording in our new place. The back end of the move took a lot more time than I expected. So many things that had to be done, complicated by car problems, sickness, overtime at work, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, there will be no more trucks passing by to contend with! We are on six acres of New Hampshire woods where are neighbors are deer (and black bears, I'm told). Eventually, I will actually have a real recording studio up here! That will be a treat.

Thanks for you patience. I hope we can get this in that catalog for the year!
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

49 and 55 are PL OK. Yaay! I'll be on the lookout for 50. :D

I certainly understand how complications can pile up. Glad you are getting settled into your new place. Sounds like a dream come true.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

And, here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_50_stowe_128kb.mp3 28:43

Sorry my voice is so rough on this one, but I had to grab the time while I had it. I think I cut out all the coughs and sneezes . . .

Harriet was possessed of an amazing acumen applied to a sound hermeneutic and passion for righteousness. I think she thoroughly demolishes the pretensions of purveyors of pernicious preaching. Let the masters wash their servants feet. Sad, but such odium still exists, and slavery remains a global atrocity. But, let it not be so among those called by Christ's name. And, it is remembered that the abolitionist fight was largely carried on through the pulpits of Christian preachers who rightly applied the word of God. We owe a lot to this woman!
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Larry. I look forward to listening and appreciate your comments. Learned a new big word, too, "hermeneutic". She certainly was that. I am in awe of this woman. :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

50 is PL OK, your voice was rich and resonant, Larry. Hoarseness becomes you. :D

This project is finished and ready for cataloging. Thanks to everyone who participated. I learned a lot and am very pleased with this important audiobook. :clap: