COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Michael. Section 40 is spot check PL OK.
linny

Post by linny »

Jo,
I just noticed we are in readers wanted. When you have a moment we can be moved to reader found.
linny

Post by linny »

Volume 6 of our series has been launched. Old Fashioned Tales
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72451
linny

Post by linny »

I sent PL notes to the reader for section 59 on Oct 9th. PM was picked up but there has been no reply.

I have made the corrections to the section. https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_59_patten_128kb.mp3 13:13
linny

Post by linny »

2 month claim by codetonic has expired. Larry PMed last week indicating he is interested in reclaiming these sections if they became available again. I'll PM and see if he still wants them before I post them as orphaned.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yes, I'm still interested!
I'll give these as fast turnaround as I can.
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Larry. :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Just checking in to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this.
Our move, longer commute, and now winter have eroded into my LV time.
I have, however, got most of this recorded and ready to edit. Hope to make some more progress on it tomorrow. Wait, it is already tomorrow . . . Well, still about 23 hrs. left. :wink:
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Any move is a big adjustment, you'll get there in time. Stay warm and be safe. Thank you for the update.
codetonic

Post by codetonic »

Hello Linny,

I didn't update with you in time. My bad.
Work got extremely busy and even though I have the sections recorded, editing has become quite time consuming.
So, yes, please have silverquill step in with the claim, I completely understand.

Michael
linny wrote: December 30th, 2018, 7:45 am 2 month claim by codetonic has expired. Larry PMed last week indicating he is interested in reclaiming these sections if they became available again. I'll PM and see if he still wants them before I post them as orphaned.
To see the world, keep your head up and eyes open.
Michael/codetonic
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is the first half of Sleepy Hollow:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_42_patten_128kb.mp3 43:05

The second half is partly recorded, but will have to wait until I return from my trip next week.
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

codetonic wrote: January 20th, 2019, 10:21 pm Hello Linny,

I didn't update with you in time. My bad.
Work got extremely busy and even though I have the sections recorded, editing has become quite time consuming.
So, yes, please have silverquill step in with the claim, I completely understand.

Michael
linny wrote: December 30th, 2018, 7:45 am 2 month claim by codetonic has expired. Larry PMed last week indicating he is interested in reclaiming these sections if they became available again. I'll PM and see if he still wants them before I post them as orphaned.
Michael,
I’m glad to hear from you and to know you are alright.

Since it’s already recorded you could always have it included in one of our short story collections. The intro and file name would need to be changed. Let me know if you are interested in that option and I’ll find a thread link for you.
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Larry,
I really want to give section 42 a PL OK but the intro/ending isn't consistent with the other sections. Here is what they should be:

"Chapter 9, part 2 of Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten, Chapter 9, Two Tales of the Hudson, Part 2. The Legend of Sleepy Hallow by Washington Irving

END of recording

At the end of the section, say:
"End of Chapter 9, part 2"
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, the intros are confusing because of this story being split, but I've corrected it according to the above -- I think, and used that for the second part, just using the word "continued" is it is in the MW. If you want anything about this changed, just let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_42_patten_128kb.mp3 42:56
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_43_patten_128kb.mp3 29:27
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Larry,
Thank you for your work on the intro. These projects are broken down a bit strangely.

42 is spot check PL OK.

43 PL notes:
24:56 - Hans Van Ripper now began to feel some uneasiness about the fate of poor Ichabod, and his saddle.
I hear easiness

Please trim ending silence to ~5 seconds.