COMPLETE The cheery way - March - by JK Bangs -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

bkhendrick wrote: May 19th, 2018, 2:24 pm I would like to claim sections 20, 21, 22 and 23

This will be my first recording and I would like to appear in the LibriVox catalog as Kirk Hendrick.
Hi kirk, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read those sections. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12516

You can get started right away! Have fun!
Carolin
Cjwesel

Post by Cjwesel »

Hello!

Thank you for the continued Feedback, here is the corrected file

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/march_02_bangs_128kb.mp3 00:51

Please let me know if any more improvements need to be made.

-Chris
linny

Post by linny »

Lmnei wrote: May 19th, 2018, 8:22 pm Hey Carolin -

I will DPL for you if you wish!

Lynda
Carolin, I see you took your ~ down. Did you mean to give Lynda access to the MW?
brucek

Post by brucek »

I would like to claim sections: 15, 16, 17 and 18.

Thanks,
Bruce.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

linny wrote: May 20th, 2018, 9:30 am
Lmnei wrote: May 19th, 2018, 8:22 pm Hey Carolin -

I will DPL for you if you wish!

Lynda
Carolin, I see you took your ~ down. Did you mean to give Lynda access to the MW?
Hi! I volunteered to DPL but I have not heard from Carolin and I do not have access to the MW currently Linny. It looks to me that the ~ is still there? Did you put it back Linny? I am a bit confused by your post.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Cjwesel wrote: May 20th, 2018, 6:47 am Hello!

Thank you for the continued Feedback, here is the corrected file

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/march_02_bangs_128kb.mp3 00:51

Please let me know if any more improvements need to be made.

-Chris
Hi Chris -

This recording is good but it is a bit loud coming in at 93.3 dB where are range is (86–92 dB) where we aim for 89db. Has anyone told you about the Checker Tool yet to check your recordings prior to submitting them? If not - here is its location. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker It was created by the spouse of a Librivox reader and checks all your settings for correctness prior to sending in a file for proof reading (PL).

I suggest that you reduce the sound in this file about 3-4 decibels which you can do by going to Effect > Amplify and entering a -4 in the top box and pressing OK. Then save your file and use the Checker (File > Check Files) to see if you have Passed or not.

EDIT - I forgot to mention about the recording! Chris - your intro to the recording is incorrect - as we are doing a poem, you need to follow the intro that is posted below the Magic Window - this is what it says "[Poem title], by John Kendrick Bangs, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name], adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish. Then read the poem."

From what you recording, you need to say Librivox.org (missing .org) your name and then start the poem. After you mention your name you are continuing on with the other intro that is used for book chapters. Please remove that from the intro and just use what is between the brackets above.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Kirk -

There are all PL OK!

Just one minor note - watch for noise in your recording environment - there is a dropping or clicking noise - especially near the beginning and end of March 22 recording.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

bkhendrick

Post by bkhendrick »

Lmnei wrote: May 20th, 2018, 5:11 pm
Hi Kirk -

There are all PL OK!

Just one minor note - watch for noise in your recording environment - there is a dropping or clicking noise - especially near the beginning and end of March 22 recording.

Lynda
Thank you Lynda!.. I am now realizing that a ring tapping the desk, a squeaky chair, and other movements and sounds in this room are picked up by the mic. I will definitely pay closer attention and try to make some changes here to eliminate the noise. I will also listen for these in my recording. Thanks again! Kirk
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

linny wrote: May 20th, 2018, 9:30 am Carolin, I see you took your ~ down. Did you mean to give Lynda access to the MW?
i did sign her up in the backend, but it looks like i forgot to hit save :roll: excuses for that. mw access granted, welcome lynda! :)
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks! I will update all those PL's that I did now :)

Lynda