[COMPLETE] The Wisdom of the Ancients, A Series Of Mythological Fables by Francis Bacon - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
soupy

Post by soupy »

The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

8 PL OK.
Eidyiaa

Post by Eidyiaa »

All done :9:
Gonna really miss this project. Thanks for all your patience Soupy/Craig on my tardy recordings. This one shouldn't have too many errors since I DP'd it myself three times and fixed any errors I heard. But there may still be one or two.
Been a pleasure working with everyone and I can't wait for this work to be published on LV
<3 Allie
P.S. My next project is a solo reading of King Jame's Demonology but frankly, it's a walk in the park after this :P

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/wisdomoftheancients_01_bacon_128kb.mp3
10:24
Renegade librarian on a mission!
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks Allie :clap: I'm very glad that you showed enough interest and grit to come back to this project. Your voice will be appreciated by listeners for the next century.

Your reading is PLOK :thumbs:

I'll have to check out your new project.

Gonna really miss this project. Thanks for all your patience Soupy/Craig on my tardy recordings. This one shouldn't have too many errors since I DP'd it myself three times and fixed any errors I heard. But there may still be one or two.
Been a pleasure working with everyone and I can't wait for this work to be published on LV
<3 Allie
P.S. My next project is a solo reading of King Jame's Demonology but frankly, it's a walk in the park after this

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Eidyiaa

Post by Eidyiaa »

Horray!! PL ok!

Thanks for showing interested in my project. It's a bit of a schlep getting it all transcribed but shouldn't be too hard to record. I think King James I was just a little before Shakespeare and Bacon. Macbeth is almost completely based on King Jame's Demonology in terms of the occult and witchcraft. Also looks like The Tempest draws heavily from it as well ;)

Hopefully everyone keeps their assignment dates for their recordings but happy to be a back up if anything falls through :)
soupy

Post by soupy »

King James was the King who had the Bible translated into English. He lived from 1566-1625 and the Bible was translated in 1611. Francis Bacon 1561-1625. Shakespeare 1564-1618.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Eidyiaa

Post by Eidyiaa »

soupy wrote: May 28th, 2018, 3:49 am King James was the King who had the Bible translated into English. He lived from 1566-1625 and the Bible was translated in 1611. Francis Bacon 1561-1625. Shakespeare 1564-1618.
Ok, so they were contemporaries :) Guess I've just never tried to read Shakespeare from the original text so I didn't know that it was on the trickier side when it came to words that got a serious modern update like "ingine." I can guess almost all of them. It's just how the originals are pronounced that's hard. Ok, so it is early Modern English. Someone was saying Middle English and I'm like..... "I don't really think so?" I've read Chaucer. I know what Middle English looks like
Walnut

Post by Walnut »

Hi... I know this is exactly the 2 month deadline, but I finally have my section recorded and edited.
Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/wisdomoftheancients_32_bacon_128kb.mp3 5:21
I try to avoid voice cracks in my recordings.
To PLers- please correct sloppy pronunciation or weird slurring :/
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

32 PL OK.
Eidyiaa

Post by Eidyiaa »

Heyop,
What's the story on OwenCook? I know its 2 months max and I was very late with my work. But I wanna see thos baby published
soupy

Post by soupy »

I'm assuming Owen is working on getting his readings completed. How is King James going?

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Eidyiaa

Post by Eidyiaa »

soupy wrote: June 27th, 2018, 12:23 pm I'm assuming Owen is working on getting his readings completed. How is King James going?

Craig
Slowly slowly. Lots of school work right now. The editing took more ork than I thought :/ that's the part I like the least
soupy

Post by soupy »

Owen is still working on his recordings.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

soupy wrote: July 5th, 2018, 7:19 pm Owen is still working on his recordings.

Craig
Sorry for the delay! Here are sections 24, 25, and 31:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/wisdomoftheancients_24_bacon_128kb.mp3
run time 2:32

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/wisdomoftheancients_25_bacon_128kb.mp3
run time 3:09

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/wisdomoftheancients_31_bacon_128kb.mp3
run time 2:40

Thanks so much for all the help and support during this project! What an unusual and interesting text.

~~Owen
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks so much for all the help and support during this project! What an unusual and interesting text.
It was good working with you Owen. Thanks for all you do for Librivix readers. I found the text interesting also.

Will PL later today.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge