[COMPLETE] World's Story 2: India, Persia, Mesopotamia, Palestine - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Larry, this was really a long Nativity hymn ! And near-perfect run-through to it all, I only found one small error, if I'm not mistaken. Please have a listen here:

> at 7:18: (p. 591): "The babe lies yet in smiling infancy" – I’m not sure but I think you say “the bible:?

> Section 105 is already PL ok.

> for Section 104 your volume is only 67 dB :shock: What happened ? I had to crank it up quite a bit to hear anything. But the title is perfect now. So you only need to amplify the whole by 20 dB and then you’ll be fine :)

thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 5:04 pm I have uploaded a DRAFT edit of section 25 all assembled except for Sakoontala. I'll add her in when that part is recorded. (Feel free to PL in advance of completion if you wish.)
well I was highly curious, so I did indeed listen to it all just now. It sounds so great assembled :9: And you really out-did yourself with the merging of the two attendants (the job that nearly cost me my sanity :help: ) What we have so far is flawless. But I will listen to it all once again, when we have our Sakoontala added to the plot.

Thank you so much, Todd. I definitely owe you one for this.

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: April 24th, 2018, 1:36 am
thank you Larry, this was really a long Nativity hymn ! And near-perfect run-through to it all, I only found one small error, if I'm not mistaken. Please have a listen here:

> at 7:18: (p. 591): "The babe lies yet in smiling infancy" – I’m not sure but I think you say “the bible:?

> Section 105 is already PL ok.

> for Section 104 your volume is only 67 dB :shock: What happened ? I had to crank it up quite a bit to hear anything. But the title is perfect now. So you only need to amplify the whole by 20 dB and then you’ll be fine :)

thanks !

Sonia
Yikes! Well, I always check my volume with Replay Gain, even on resubmissions, and all I can think is that I then amplified with a huge negative number. But, surely I would have seen the flat wave form! Somnambulism, maybe.

And, you are right -- Bible might fit theologically here, but I've put the Babe back where he belongs.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_104_tappan_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_106_tappan_128kb.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: April 24th, 2018, 6:55 am But, surely I would have seen the flat wave form!
:lol: that's what I thought when I saw the barely visible audacity line :mrgreen:

well both sections are PL ok now. Thanks !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

April
kayray

Post by kayray »

Kitty wrote: April 24th, 2018, 12:48 am
I only have one tiny note for the title:

> at 0:11: could you also please give the time, as mentioned after the title: “How the Persians built a house (about 1885) by S.G.W. Benjamin”. It's nice to know the historical context of a chapter.
Oops! Sorry I missed that. All fixed:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_079_tappan_128kb.mp3 - 3:23

Glad you enjoyed it!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kayray wrote: April 25th, 2018, 1:17 pm Oops! Sorry I missed that. All fixed:
thank you Kara, totally PL ok now (and sorry for being so picky :oops: but since this is a world history, I figured, the dates would be important to have)

Great, another section finished :9:

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Working my way through my backlog :)

I did the few sentences of Sakoontala first because they were just so short, so that you can finish the drama :).

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_025_tappan_128kb_sakoontala.mp3

6:3.55 min
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: April 26th, 2018, 6:23 am I did the few sentences of Sakoontala first because they were just so short, so that you can finish the drama :).
oh thank you so much, Monika :9: Your Sakoontala is very soft-spoken, especially at the beginning, I liked that very much :thumbs: Good interpretation. Also no errors and nothing missing, so this is PL ok.

Todd, whenever you have time, you can finalize the play, then I will PL it one last time.

thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 26th, 2018, 6:37 am
moniaqua wrote: April 26th, 2018, 6:23 am I did the few sentences of Sakoontala first because they were just so short, so that you can finish the drama :).
oh thank you so much, Monika :9: Your Sakoontala is very soft-spoken, especially at the beginning, I liked that very much :thumbs: Good interpretation. Also no errors and nothing missing, so this is PL ok.

Todd, whenever you have time, you can finalize the play, then I will PL it one last time.

thank you

Sonia
Done. New time is 19:46.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 26th, 2018, 8:56 am Done. New time is 19:46.
great job, Todd, thank you so much for this :9: Monika is excellently inserted and the whole piece has come together wonderfully. The play is: PL ok. A big thank you to our small troupe for making it so special :clap:

oh and if ever there is interest in doing the whole thing...I found it on Gutenberg ;) it's huge, some 10 acts or so :shock:

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: April 26th, 2018, 12:26 pm oh and if ever there is interest in doing the whole thing...I found it on Gutenberg ;) it's huge, some 10 acts or so :shock:
10 acts beeing a soft-spoken, probably submissive (or obedient) spouse?! :shock: I don't know if I survive that (or if the role survives it :D) ;)

But well, why not, roundabout five hours play, that's almost no work, especially for the editor :lol:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

HI Sonia,

I'm busy trying to reduce my workload here...

Section 5, with 28:52:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_005_tappan_128kb.mp3

Such a lovely story. I read it when I was a child, still moves me...
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: April 29th, 2018, 5:34 am I'm busy trying to reduce my workload here...
Such a lovely story. I read it when I was a child, still moves me...
thank you Ava. I don't know the story at all, but I am very looking forward to it now :9: I try to PL tonight, but at the latest tomorrow. :)

Sonia
ChrisFields

Post by ChrisFields »

Here is section 65, the length is 1:36 https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_065_tappan_128kb.mp3

sorry it took me so long, let me know what you think. :D