[COMPLETE] World's Story 2: India, Persia, Mesopotamia, Palestine - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you so much, wow this was a long section. I will try to PL today still, but have some other sections to take care of first. But it will be done over the weekend, promised. :) meanwhile updating MW.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, I just got immersed into Babylonian history for an agreeable half-hour. :9: Thank you for this reading, I really enjoyed it, and there were many things I had not known yet. The idea to drain the water from the river to enter the city was really ingenious !

Textually no errors at all, but I found two small things that I would like you to correct to be conform to all our other contributions in this project. (mentioned in my second post):

> at 0:37: editor's note - you can cut this out, simply start with the note and say at the end "the editor" like it's written in the text (which you did, so only cut out "editor's note" in the beginning)

> at 16:42: (p. 518) - here however we have a footnote, could you please say it this way: "Footnote - From the French word levée, raised - End of Footnote"

thank you :) brilliant job :thumbs:

Sonia
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Kitty wrote: April 21st, 2018, 12:41 pm > at 0:37: editor's note - you can cut this out,...
> at 16:42: could you please say it this way: "Footnote - From the French word levée, raised - End of Footnote"
thank you :) brilliant job :thumbs:
Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_097_tappan_128kb.mp3

[30:37]

Done and Done. I've also applied noise reduction.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

realisticspeakers wrote: April 21st, 2018, 1:53 pm Done and Done. I've also applied noise reduction.
excellent, thank you. It's PL ok now. :) But I didn't hear any disturbing noises the first time around either.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Todd, this was a beautiful section. The Taj Mahal must have been an impressive sight for European travellers back then. Nowadays it's probably overcrowded with tourists, but in the early days you had much more leisure on your own to explore everything.

Excellent narrative, I enjoyed it very much :9: I only would have one tiny note concerning the title (sorry :oops: ) :

> at 0:34: (p. 118) could you please also insert “middle of the seventeenth century” after the title, to make it complete ? I find it always good to have a time reference for the sections, if they are mentioned by the author in the title.

The rest was perfect !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 1:37 am
thank you, Todd, this was a beautiful section. The Taj Mahal must have been an impressive sight for European travellers back then. Nowadays it's probably overcrowded with tourists, but in the early days you had much more leisure on your own to explore everything.

Excellent narrative, I enjoyed it very much :9: I only would have one tiny note concerning the title (sorry :oops: ) :

> at 0:34: (p. 118) could you please also insert “middle of the seventeenth century” after the title, to make it complete ? I find it always good to have a time reference for the sections, if they are mentioned by the author in the title.

The rest was perfect !

Sonia
Correction made and uploaded. Length now 16:31.

Thanks, Todd
kayray

Post by kayray »

Here's section 79: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_079_tappan_128kb.mp3 -- 3:21

I recorded this for the April Adventure challenge, because I rarely if ever read Eastern history. I'm glad I did! Short, sweet, and interesting. :)

Also, this is my first recording after 2 months of illness, and it was a great way to get into recording again!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have uploaded a DRAFT edit of section 25 all assembled except for Sakoontala. I'll add her in when that part is recorded. (Feel free to PL in advance of completion if you wish.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_025_tappan_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
AtalieH

Post by AtalieH »

Here is section 99 with the changes made. I hope everything is right!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_099_tappan_128kb.mp3 30:10
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, Kara, Atalie and Larry, thank you all so much for your contributions. Will get to checking them soon, I promise.

Extra big thank you to Todd, for helping me out with the Sakoontala play :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 3:53 pm Correction made and uploaded. Length now 16:31.
excellent correction and PL ok now. Thank you, Todd :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kayray wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 4:25 pm Here's section 79: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_079_tappan_128kb.mp3 -- 3:21
I recorded this for the April Adventure challenge, because I rarely if ever read Eastern history. I'm glad I did! Short, sweet, and interesting. :)
Also, this is my first recording after 2 months of illness, and it was a great way to get into recording again!
awesome, Kara, and I'm happy that you are feeling good enough to record again :9: I agree, these small bite-size sections are nice to slowly ease into the process again. I enjoyed your narrative very much, especially the two bricklayers, who I expected to break out into song at any minute :lol: Nice touch to make it lively. The chapter itself was highly enjoyable too.

I only have one tiny note for the title:

> at 0:11: could you also please give the time, as mentioned after the title: “How the Persians built a house (about 1885) by S.G.W. Benjamin”. It's nice to know the historical context of a chapter.

Thank you and congrats for the April achievement :thumbs: And I'm glad you also found it enjoyable.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AtalieH wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 5:35 pm Here is section 99 with the changes made. I hope everything is right!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume02_099_tappan_128kb.mp3 30:10
yes excellent, everything is where it belongs now. Thank you so much, Athalie. :) This section is PL ok.

Sonia