COMPLETE[DUET]St. George and St. Michael, Vol 2 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

You might have noticed that I work on other projects but don't record for here. But since its summer it is really hard to find a quiet time so I just am doing Pl work right now. :D Just letting you know why I am so absent. :)
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Win2017 wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 8:52 pm You might have noticed that I work on other projects but don't record for here. But since its summer it is really hard to find a quiet time so I just am doing Pl work right now. :D Just letting you know why I am so absent. :)
No problem. I have seen your name here and there on the boards, but I didn't know what specifically you were working on. You may have seen that I'm recording Malcolm as a solo, and I'd like to focus on that for awhile, because I've been neglecting it somewhat and it's been moving slowly. Still, I had considered recording my chapters for this first, just so we could finish it out. If you like, I'm happy to do that.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Yeah, I wanted to do Malcolm but scrapped the idea cause I couldn’t handle all the scotch talk. But it’s the best book.

It’s up to you but just focus on what you want to finish cause my project can sit... :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

If you're content to let it sit, then I am. Or if you'd rather finish it out, I can probably have all the remaining chapters done in a few weeks. Just let me know.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I just uploaded section 15-16.

I feel silly having a project on for so long, but my life is way too unpredictable. I think winter might be setting in though and I should have bigger windows of time to record and edit. :? :D I will try to get some more chapters uploaded in the next few weeks.

Oh, and don't worry about PLing right now, it is not that important and you're probably busy with other things. :D
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great! Nevertheless, I will listen soon! Maybe not today, but soon. I've been wondering whether I should go ahead and record my chapters for this one, just to have them checked off. But I had a hunch I'd hear from you soon, as the weather got colder. :)
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Yes, for sure. Do whatever you have time for. :D As I said I am obviously :lol: not in a hurry. Thanks for staying on this project for so long. Believe it or not, but I am trying to finish this volume. :lol: :D
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 15 is PL ok! Lovely to hear your voice again, and thanks for being patient with my PLing.

Section 16:
  • Several takes of "nothing save incorporeity could have availed her" are present that need to be cut, beginning at about 3:34.
  • This one is optional, but at about 10:33, when Mrs. Watson interrupts Dorothy, I'd make that space a little shorter. It seemed like an overlong pause to me, since Dorothy's words are being cut off by Mrs. Watson.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

So funny, I probably edited that part in 16 and then forgot to delete out all the different versions I was working with.

I'll correct both those things; I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this, so its good you pointed it out. We've had a bout of great weather so I haven't been able to get around to any substantial recording... Though I think I have a finished chapter floating around somewhere... :? :D
Last edited by Win2017 on October 26th, 2018, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope Kuerschner

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Section 17 ready for PL.

I think I've re-recorded section 18 now at least 3 times, I don't know why I can't get that chpt down. :lol: :D I'm going to try to get on editing it.
Hope Kuerschner

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Section 18 uploaded. It turned out to be a bit of a mash but I didn't have the motivation to do it over again.

I corrected the two things in section 16, I don't know how well I could correct the second thing as the reading there doesn't quite have the right tone. I get carried away sometimes, I should not have changed Mrs. Watson's voice so much either. She kinda has an evil sound now which I wasn't really going for, but... Whatever..
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks! I will check them when I can. It might be next week sometime.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

16 is PL ok. I should be able to PL your other two chapters on Thursday. (fingers crossed)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oops, wait a minute. I just noticed a problem. Your section 14-16 file names are numbered incorrectly. Please double check those and reupload with the correct file names.

EDIT: No, hang on. Looks like the sections themselves were reordered accidentally. I'll see if I can fix it.

EDIT AGAIN: Yeah, that's all it was. No sweat. Not sure how it happened, but it's fixed. :D Pretend I never said anything. :lol:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 33 is PL ok. Poor Dorothy. :cry: