COMPLETE[DUET]St. George and St. Michael, Vol 2 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Totally agree about chpt 18! It is a good chpt and I enjoy reading dialogue. I've come across a few Serafina's in my time, and it's not pleasant. But we all have our dark side, I think that is the lesson that Dorothy ultimately has to learn. She thinks so much about the side you take, but its really about the sin within, no matter what side your on, GM expounds on that wonderfully. I will post 20 later, 19 is being a bit of a bugger as well. It's just so long, and it was windy, I will have to redo it. But I don't mind. :)
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Totally agree about chpt 18! It is a good chpt and I enjoy reading dialogue. I've come across a few Serafina's in my time, and it's not pleasant. But we all have our dark side, I think that is the lesson that Dorothy ultimately has to learn. She thinks so much about the side you take, but its really about the sin within, no matter what side your on, GM expounds on that wonderfully. I just posted 20, 19 is being a bit of a bugger as well. It's just so long, and it was windy, I will have to redo it. But I don't mind. :)
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

section 4 PL ok
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I just posted 21, I am a bit slow in getting them out the door. I love Molly, it was sad when she went. I like how GM explains the death, how its a beginning to something more. :)
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Don't worry about your pace, you're doing fine. You're actually moving more quickly on this one than I am on my current MacDonald solo right now.

I may not be able to PL until next week. I'm going out of town this weekend and have some things to do before we go, so the next few days will be busy!
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Don't worry about PLing. I just uploaded 21,22, and I finished 19(you might have seen that already) :D

I find it so funny with recording, somedays when I read, it is perfect, the words flow like water. And then other times, its impossible, and I have to spend 30min editing 5 minutes of reading. :wink:
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, Hope, I'm back!

I'm about to PL at least one of these before bed tonight. But before I do, I'll mention something very important that I've just noticed.

Your sections are titled incorrectly. When you upload each section as stgeorgeandstmichael2_##_macdonald_128kb, the ## should be the section number, rather than the chapter number. For instance, "The Fire-Engine" will be stgeorgeandstmichael2_01_macdonald_128kb, not 17.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No textual errors and nothing missing in chapter 19, except you have left only about 2 seconds of silence at the end. There should be 5 seconds.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapters 21 and 22 also have only 2 seconds of silence at the end. And although a good PLer should always be checking ending silence, I got started thinking that maybe I'd been neglecting to do that. :oops: So I double checked the ending of all the others. Sure enough, they all have only 1 or 2 seconds of silence at the end. I'm so sorry for not catching that the first time around! I hate having to change a PL ok to a See PL notes.

So, I'm marking all of these See PL notes. They are all perfect, except for the ending silence, and the naming protocol, as I explained above. Sorry again for not being more diligent the first time around! :(
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

No problem Dev. :D I can change everything, I have a really hard time with the ending silence :lol: I don’t know why it can’t seem to figure out the 5 seconds. Anyway I will change it all tomorrow. Don’t worry about not catching it :)
Hope Kuerschner

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Ok, I re-uploaded them all. I hope I added enough time. And I would have had 23 ready but I caught a small word pronounced wrong. Ugghh :( :lol: I hate that, anyway I hope all is good, I changed the file names as well. I wish I would have caught that. Ah well, maybe I've actually got everything right this time. :)
Hope Kuerschner

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Just posted section 07. Ready for PL. :D
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sections 1-7 are all PL ok. :thumbs:

(In the future, when re-uploading a section that needed edits, you should mark it "Ready for spot PL" rather than "Ready for PL." This lets the PLer know that they only need to listen to those few spots that had notes, and not the whole section again. It can actually become difficult to keep track otherwise, especially for someone who does lots of PLing. :) )
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

:D I thought I should put "ready for spot PL", but I wasn't sure. I will definitely know for next time though. Thanks :)
Hope Kuerschner

Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

All done chpt8. I was wondering, does there have to be a certain amount of time at the beginning too? Like 2 seconds of something, or is it not so important. Cause most recordings I listen to start right away. Just thought I'd ask before making more mistakes :D
Hope Kuerschner