COMPLETE[DUET]St. George and St. Michael, Vol 2 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 29 is ready for PL.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Ok, I will PL as soon as possible. Do you sit there with the script and watch word for word or how do you do it?
I corrected chpt 11 :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You can certainly follow along as you listen if you wish, but it's definitely not a requirement. At least not for this project, since we're not requiring it to be word perfect. I usually don't. I sometimes make dinner, knit, do a jigsaw puzzle, or whatever while I PL. Just if I hear something that I think needs to be addressed, I make note of what it is and where it occurs.

Here are a couple of excerpts from this wiki page on proof listening:
In general, we ask for standard listening -- repeats and gaps:
  1. Listen for repeated words or passages that the reader likely intended to edit out.
  2. Note any long pauses or bad background noises that disrupt the flow of your listening pleasure.
  3. Note that the intro and outro has the correct wording as noted in the first post of the project thread, and 5 seconds of silence at the end.
  4. If the recording seems too loud or too quiet, please note that as well.
  5. It is NOT necessary for you to follow along with the text; just listen as you would normally.
A good prooflistener note gives the minute and second at which a gap or repeat or whatever occurred:

12:33 repeat, "She shells sea-- " (it's at 12 minutes, 33 seconds)
27:54 gap, about 7 seconds
31:02 "commiseration", read "commission"
I also make note of things that just sound kind of "off," or don't make sense to me. Often if I hear something confusing that I think might be an error, I will stop and go find that passage in the text to see.
Last edited by mightyfelix on May 11th, 2018, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And section 11 is PL ok!
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Section 13 is PL ok :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I was wondering if on these projects there is a time limit. Cause I am still very interested in maybe doing a few more chpts, but would not be able to for 1-2 months maybe more. I mean, can a project be on the table for many months. I thought you have to finish it quite quickly?? Thanks

I do seem to change my mind a lot :D
Hope Kuerschner

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

There doesn't have to be a specific short time limit. Since this is a duet, you aren't holding up other readers.

And I will be out of touch much of June and so won't be able to catalog until July....

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Time limits and deadlines for LV projects are extremely flexible. There are a few very complicated projects that have been open for years, even! (Not that that's ideal, of course.)

For a duet or especially for a solo, you can go at your own pace. Actually, since we're on the subject, I don't have as much time for recording this summer as I'd like, either. So you probably won't see much from me until about July. :?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Just a side note: in GROUP projects, I (and many other BC's) rigorously observe the 60 day limit on claims stated in the first forum posting, and orphan anything over that unless specific extension requests have been posted. That way folks that have done parts on time don't have to wait to see their work in the catalog.

So what you can do here in a duet may not be what you can do everywhere.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Todd! I meant to mention that, but forgot!
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Hi Dev,

I maybe should have PM you but...

I have a very changing life and have had a bit more time lately, so I thought I might record a few chapters. It's totally fine if you can't PL them right now, or if you wanted to do more chapters yourself, but I thought I would maybe take the next 4-5 if that is okay with you?

Just let me know if that works:D
Hope Kuerschner

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Responded through PM.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, Hope. I just saw that section 14 is ready for PL. That's great, and I should be able to listen today! Please remember to post in the thread when there's a new section ready. I don't see any notifications when the MW is updated, only when there's a new post here, so that's the best way to ensure a timely PL. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Actually, I was able to listen just now! Beautifully done! PL ok! :thumbs:
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Whoops, will do next time. I don’t know when I’ll put another one out, so don’t worry about keeping up, my schedule changes so much. :)
Hope Kuerschner