[Complete] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 4 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Got it.
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_097_craig_128kb.mp3 1:46
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_100_craig_128kb.mp3 0:31
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_113_various_128kb.mp3 1:23
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_120_various_128kb.mp3 2:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_124_various_128kb.mp3 1:55
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_129_various_128kb.mp3 2:43

'OF HYM THAT TOGYDER WYLL SERVE TWO MAYSTERS' could be a problem
I'm quite interested in Brants work, but the translation of this, if pronounced as written would be total nonsense. My understanding is that by the sixteenth century English spelling was getting out of step with pronunciation for various reasons.
I have tried to interpret the spelling correctly and not sure what else to do and I have to admit some of it is an educated guess.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Craig, those two are PL ok and I already assembled the beautiful Self-Exiled :9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume4_1_100_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:27 min.

I will update the MW with all your other contributions.
'OF HYM THAT TOGYDER WYLL SERVE TWO MAYSTERS' could be a problem
I'm quite interested in Brants work, but the translation of this, if pronounced as written would be total nonsense. My understanding is that by the sixteenth century English spelling was getting out of step with pronunciation for various reasons.
I have tried to interpret the spelling correctly and not sure what else to do and I have to admit some of it is an educated guess.
oops was it that difficult :? I'm sorry I let you deal with it, usually I take the early modern English poems, but this one must have slipped my net. Yes, the spelling is unusual often, but you don't have to speak it in ancient tongue ;) I am sure Anthony will flag anything that is incomprehensible. But if you made sense out of it, it's probably not that far off the mark. :mrgreen:

Thanks !

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 01 - Song: From 'Pippa Passes' by Robert Browning

There is only one small issue here. The silence at the end of the recording should be no longer than 5s and is just over 6.1s. Thanks.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 08 - Ode: From 'The Spectator' by Joseph Addison

There is only one small issue here. The volume is a little low at 83.4dB.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 09 - Lord! When Those Glorious Lights I See (Hymn and Prayer for the Use of Believers) by George Wither

There is only one small issue here. The volume is a little low at 82.3dB.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 14 - Light Shining out of Darkness by William Cowper

There is only one small issue here. The volume is a little low at 80.4dB.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 16 - God Is Everywhere by Robert Nicoll

There is only one small issue here. The volume is a little low at 83.9dB.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 19 - Our God, Our Help in Ages Past by Isaac Watts

Just one little thing. The silence at the end of the recording should be 5s and is about 7s.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 22 - The Will of God by Frederick William Faber

Just one little thing. The volume is a little low at about 85.8dB.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 28 - Strong Son of God, Immortal Love: From the Introduction of 'In Memoriam' by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Just two things. The volume is a little high at about 95.3dB. The silence at the end of the recording should be about 5s and is about 6s.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 29 - O Little Town of Bethlehem by Phillips Brooks

Just one thing. The silence at the end of the recording should be about 5s and is about 7s.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 30 - The Angels' Song by Edmund Hamilton Sears

Just one thing. The volume is a little low at 84.7dB.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 32 - On the Morning of Christ's Nativity by John Milton

Just two things here.

- The volume is a little low at 82.8dB.
- During the introduction the author is cited as "Milton", this should be "John Milton".
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 41 - A Ballad of Trees and the Master by Sidney Lanier

Just one thing here.

- The silence at teh end of the recording should be about 5s and is about 6s.
Anthony