[COMPLETE] King Lear by William Shakespeare - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

If I have more time after finishing 1.2, I can take it on. I'll edit the MW to indicate my intention. If I can't end up doing it, I can put your name in. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 14th, 2018, 1:24 pm If I have more time after finishing 1.2, I can take it on. I'll edit the MW to indicate my intention. If I can't end up doing it, I can put your name in. :)
:thumbs: yes, I'll see tomorrow morning how far you got. But you have enough to do with recording your bits for now. So don't stress yourself

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

No stress at all! :) I haven't edited since The Gamester, so it was nice to be back at it. Both 1.1 and 1.2 are now ready for PL. It's coming together so well! :9:
Tomas Peter
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'll do those corrections tomorrow. The wind is finally gone, so I'm going to finish up my other project tonight.

Meanwhile, now that I seem to have the hang of this, just give me any scene and I'll tackle it! :D

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 14th, 2018, 10:18 pm My penultimate batch of Gloucester files:
If they're all OK, that will give us three more scenes to edit: 3.3, 3.7 and 4.1. :D
they are all PL ok. And you should have warned me before listening to the eye-plucking scene :? I almost got a heart-attack when you yelled into my ear. The pain sounds quite genuine. Although, I would think, in reality, the poor man would probably have passed out from the pain and not continued talking so much :lol:

Excellent job :thumbs: And indeed, we have 3 more scenes ready to edit.

Who wants to do what ?

Meanwhile I try to finish PLing the 2 assembled scenes. Thanks for doing both, Tomas :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

absolutely wonderful first Scene :clap: A really great opening to our play. Excellently pasted together, well-paced and we all sound great together.

The court-intrigues of 1.1. are PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And 1.2. is also PL ok.

Tomas, my compliments: Edmund and Gloucester really sound so different in their dialogue that one would think it's two different persons. :thumbs:

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Corrections made to 2_2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/kinglear_2_2.mp3

I wasn't sure how much space was best between the speeches and the stage directions, so I hope it's enough this time. I figured that adding too much would also be bad.

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I just uploaded it a second time. I suddenly realized that I had neglected to save the changes on my computer before I uploaded the first time! I don't think I have to repost the link, but just in case:

Brad
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hamlet wrote: March 15th, 2018, 9:36 am Corrections made to 2_2.
I wasn't sure how much space was best between the speeches and the stage directions, so I hope it's enough this time. I figured that adding too much would also be bad.
yes, Brad, for my feeling, this amount of space is absolutely optimal. Of course, everybody feels differently about such matters. But I personally think, not rushing through it all is much better.

I'll mark it now PL ok. In the final Act assembling, we can always maybe fiddle about with spaces a little bit, but as far as I am concerned, this sounds totally great now.

Thanks ! So would you be up for another one ? There are three available at the moment ;)

And we are officially 50% finished :clap:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I can take another scene myself, but again, I can wait for everyone else to choose their preference. :thumbs:

And yes, Gloucester would certainly not have remained conscious after losing both eyes in quick succession. :| That is not a moment of realism on Shakespeare's part. I apologize for terrorizing your ears, Sonia, but I thought it would be most realistic for his pain to be so great that it takes his breath away. That's how I imagine someone would immediately react in the face of agonizing pain.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 15th, 2018, 1:04 pmI can take another scene myself, but again, I can wait for everyone else to choose their preference. :thumbs:
well if you don't mind, then I would cheekily sign myself up for the smallest scene 3.3. :mrgreen: I was figuring, since it's also better that I PL the scenes, I should not be doing the biggest ones. ;)
I apologize for terrorizing your ears, Sonia, but I thought it would be most realistic for his pain to be so great that it takes his breath away. That's how I imagine someone would immediately react in the face of agonizing pain.
no need to apologize, because you are right and I should have known you would pull a stunt like that :lol: It was a great effect !

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote: March 15th, 2018, 1:09 pm well if you don't mind, then I would cheekily sign myself up for the smallest scene 3.3. :mrgreen: I was figuring, since it's also better that I PL the scenes, I should not be doing the biggest ones. ;)
Hehe, I don't mind PLing your scenes, regardless of length. Since you also PLed the individual roles, you've already done so much work already. :shock:

If Brad would like to edit one of the two remaining scenes, I'll take on the one he doesn't want to do. Will wait for his decision before I start anything.
Tomas Peter
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I'm not fussy. I'll take whichever scene you want to give me. :)

Brad