COMPLETE[GROUP]The Pirate Woman by Captain Dingle - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JLC37 wrote: June 24th, 2018, 9:32 am I'd like to do section 6, please. This would be my first recording on LibriVox, so I'd like to show up as Jennifer Cross.
Thanks! This looks fun. :)
thank you Jennifer :) great to have you on board ! I see your one-minute-test has already been approved and your reader page has already been opened, so I can assign you the section 6, no problem.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. All the relevant details for intro/outro and file naming are to be found in the first post !

Have fun with your first recording !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And for the time being we have reached Fully Claimed Status :9: So I'll move the project over to "Readers Found".

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: June 24th, 2018, 11:30 pm And for the time being we have reached Fully Claimed Status :9: So I'll move the project over to "Readers Found".

Sonia
Thank you!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I see chapter 2 is up for grabs again, so I think I will claim that for myself to keep us fully claimed :) (I'll sign myself up already, since I know you have limited MW access for the moment, Todd)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here is chapter 2. Red Jabez is dead and Dolores takes over the reins. :twisted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_02_dingle_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 21:30 min.

I'll put it in the MW for you to PL, Todd, whenever you have time.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: July 21st, 2018, 1:33 am here is chapter 2. Red Jabez is dead and Dolores takes over the reins. :twisted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_02_dingle_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 21:30 min.

I'll put it in the MW for you to PL, Todd, whenever you have time.

Sonia
PL OK! Great beginning for the story! I want to hear the rest!

Thanks, Todd
Carmelea

Post by Carmelea »

Hello,

Here is Chapter 14 - Yellow Rufe's Finish: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_14_dingle_128kb_mp3.mp3
Recording Time: 19:35

(Please list my name for the book as Carmen Fullmer.)

I hope the recording sounds good. In this chapter, Delores brings justice to her foe, antagonizes her captives, err, "guests", and decides it's time for dinner. :D

Thanks, Carmelea
“The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” ~ Eden Phillpotts
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. I do notice that you have an extra ".mp3" in the file name - Audacity automatically adds one when it exports. Let's see if there are any other PL comments first before fixing that.

I fixed the display name.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carmelea wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 2:11 pmI hope the recording sounds good. In this chapter, Delores brings justice to her foe, antagonizes her captives, err, "guests", and decides it's time for dinner. :D
:shock: woah, Yellow Rufe's ending was quite gruesome, especially because it was so minutely described. Dolores really is a nasty piece of work.

But the section was extremely entertaining, and wonderfully narrated by you, Carmen. :9: With your powerful and lively narrative, I really felt in the thick of it all, especially at the beginning when they yelled orders up and down the ship. You did a great job with the several distinct voices for each character. I love reading in character myself, so I am always thrilled when I hear sections read like this :D

I'm already looking forward to your next chapter !! Oh and if ever you consider joining the drama forum, Todd and me will be mightily pleased at this great addition. I'm sure you like it there, seeing how well you do character voices. :wink:

Textually, the recording was flawless. There is only one tiny error in the outro:

> at 19:24: you can cut out "the pirate woman" in the outro. This is not required for every chapter, only for the very last one of the book.

Thank you for this great reading !

Sonia
Carmelea

Post by Carmelea »

Sonia, I’m so glad you liked the reading. It was a lot of fun to record; the passages where characters were calling back and forth were definitely challenging.

I removed the part in the outro with the book title that you noted and renamed the file name as Todd instructed. I uploaded the passage again. Please let me know if you need something different:

Chapter 14 (19:31.57) https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_14_dingle_128kb.mp3

The Drama forum sounds neat. :) Thanks very much for your enthusiasm in listening to the reading!!

Carmelea
“The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” ~ Eden Phillpotts
Carmelea

Post by Carmelea »

Hello Todd,

I am working on Chapter 15. I want to do a nice job, and it would be pretty challenging to finish by this weekend. May I have an extension to complete the chapter?

Thanks for your consideration—
Carmelea
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carmelea wrote: July 25th, 2018, 6:56 pmI removed the part in the outro with the book title that you noted and renamed the file name as Todd instructed. I uploaded the passage again.
thank you ! Yes, this is perfectly PL ok now.
The Drama forum sounds neat. :)
YAY :mrgreen: can't wait to hear you over there
I am working on Chapter 15. I want to do a nice job, and it would be pretty challenging to finish by this weekend. May I have an extension to complete the chapter?

I am sure that's not a problem. I also prefer quality over quantity, so please don't rush through it. Now that we know you are working on it, the extension is normally not a problem. The deadlines get more enforced with people who go completely AWOL and where there is a risk that they are not interested anymore or have forgotten about it.

Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, please finish Chapter 15. I have to find out how the story continues!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have orphaned section 18.

Thanks, Todd