[Complete] The Great Pearl Secret by C.N. and A.M. Williamson - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SFinegold wrote: August 1st, 2018, 11:20 am Hello!
May I read section 15, The Fortune Teller?
I am a 1st time reader for Librivox. In the catalogue I'd like Lorien Fine as my name. Also, may I submit the entire section at once?
Thanks so much!
Lor

Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne

Edit: I didn't answer your question: yes, we need the entire section in one file.
SFinegold

Post by SFinegold »

Got it! Thanks, Lynne!
CheeringMetroMolly

Post by CheeringMetroMolly »

Section 7 has been uploaded and ready to be checked https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/the_great_pearl_secret_chapter_07_williamson128kbps.mp3
file duration is 14:32
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

CheeringMetroMolly wrote: August 1st, 2018, 2:04 pm Section 7 has been uploaded and ready to be checked https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/the_great_pearl_secret_chapter_07_williamson128kbps.mp3
file duration is 14:32
Thank you.

In future, please pay attention to the correct file naming convention, as stated in the first post. I have corrected this file for you, but if there are edits, you will need the file name greatpearlsecres_07_williamson_128kb.mp3 Thanks.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 12

PL note:

The errors do not appear to be corrected, please check if the corrected file has been submitted.
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 7

PL note:

please check the file, it would not down load to be checked by checker
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
ellies

Post by ellies »

Lynnet wrote: July 31st, 2018, 10:07 am
ellies wrote: July 31st, 2018, 7:10 am
HZFerr wrote: July 30th, 2018, 8:25 pm sect 12

PL notes:
2:18 stumble...don't pretend not to...
3:24-30 long pause..stumble..repeat "and not said anything....
4:27 stumble...sure to give her eyes..
4:50-53 long pause
4:59 stumble (bad cold)
14:39-49 background noise
14:55-59 (error & corrected repeated line) "as her car...
18:09-11 (error & corrected repeated line) "Juliette rang the bell...

Hi, this did not come through on e-mail for some reason.
Apologies, quite a few mistakes I had not deleted and I had not heard the noise!
Corrections made now, so hopefully PL will be ok.

thanks
ellies

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/greatpearlsecret_12_williamson.128mb_.mp3 24:02
Thank you. This is why we have proof listeners :D Sometimes we hear what we expect to hear... and sometimes readers correct a file, but then upload the uncorrected version in error.
thank you! I will have to listen to it again, as I did make corrections but perhaps wrong file uploaded!
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
ellies

Post by ellies »

HZFerr wrote: August 1st, 2018, 9:24 pm sect 12

PL note:

The errors do not appear to be corrected, please check if the corrected file has been submitted.
Hi, I did make the corrections and am listening to it again. The corrections I can def hear. I will re-upload.

thanks

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
ellies

Post by ellies »

ellies wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 5:52 am
HZFerr wrote: August 1st, 2018, 9:24 pm sect 12

PL note:

Hi, I did make the corrections and am listening to it again. The corrections I can def hear. I will re-upload.

thanks

ellies

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/greatpearlsecret_12_williamson.128mb_.mp3
SFinegold

Post by SFinegold »

Hi Lynn,
I wasn't sure if you wanted tests posted here in the forum or only book sections, so just to be safe...

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/test_SFinegold.mp3

Thanks so much,
Lor
Lynnet wrote: August 1st, 2018, 11:41 am
I am a 1st time reader for Librivox. In the catalogue I'd like Lorien Fine as my name. Also, may I submit the entire section at once?
Thanks so much!
Lor

You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne

Edit: I didn't answer your question: yes, we need the entire section in one file.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

SFinegold wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 7:00 am Hi Lynn,
I wasn't sure if you wanted tests posted here in the forum or only book sections, so just to be safe...

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/test_SFinegold.mp3

Thanks so much,
Lor
Lynnet wrote: August 1st, 2018, 11:41 am
Thanks so much!
Lor

Lynne

Normally we say post it in the Listeners Wanted forum, as people over there spend a lot of time checking tests etc and you'd probably get a quicker response. However, I was able to check it and everything is fine, so you are good to go :thumbs: Just one thing, though: be careful with file names. The correct format is always in the first post and we can't have capitals 8-)
SFinegold

Post by SFinegold »

Ok! No capitals, done. I’ll upload the chapter within the week. Thank you!
ellies

Post by ellies »

Can I please claim section 9? I will wait to see if PL ok on section 12 before I start recording!
thanks
ellies
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ellies wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 10:33 am Can I please claim section 9? I will wait to see if PL ok on section 12 before I start recording!
thanks
ellies
You certainly may.
CheeringMetroMolly

Post by CheeringMetroMolly »

HZFerr wrote: August 1st, 2018, 10:01 pm sect 7

PL note:

please check the file, it would not down load to be checked by checker
Will do. I might have to fix the file name itself and reupload it. I should have that updated by sometime tomorrow afternoon.