COMPLETE The Witch of Prague by F Marion Crawford -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

*Smile* Thank you for your response at all. I DO appreciate all that everyone does here!

I'd like to be listed under this name: Burgundy Grace.

It will take me a week or so to begin recording, but am looking forward to completing my first reading project with Librivox.
Also, while I do read through the help files, if you have any specific suggestions for editing one's work, I'd certainly appreciate directed links, just to ensure I have the correct information to process the raw recording.

I'll complete my one minute test very soon, and post!
Thanks again!
Angelique
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you Angelique! I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12568

Have you seen our wiki? It contains tons of practical information. https://wiki.librivox.org/

The best way to learn is, however, by doing, so i wish you best of luck and lots of fun. Make sure you just post in the thread if you have any questions!
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank you, Carolin! I'm ridiculously excited to have a personal catalogue page!
I Do have many of the wiki pages bookmarked, but had not yet discovered the main source page, so that will be very helpful.
It will be another week or so before I begin to record, and at that point, I'm sure I will have MANY questions regarding editing, especially.
*sigh* It's really not my forte, but I'm sure there's a plentitude of instruction out there, so I again thank you in advance!
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Question: In reading the Project Gutenberg text, I notice a minor transcription error in
"laid their garments at the fee of the unconverted Saul."
(The books.google.com version is written as “feet," which makes better sense in context.)

In reading, or in writing notes someplace (where would I make such a correction?), how does one notate a [sic] sort of mistake ... and is it indeed classified as [sic] based upon text used (in this case the Gutenberg version), even if other copies provide the better transcription?
It's a finer point, the answer to which I am not finding in my initial search.

i Do hope the question makes sense; if not, please let me know and I will attempt to clarify.
Thanks!
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, thanks for asking. These errors sometimes slip by the vigilance of the gutenberg folks. When the error is obvious, just read it as it should be rather than as it is. If it is less obvious, chsck back with us :)

Thank you!
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank you. I think I may have written this question while 3/4s asleep, so am glad it made sense!
Will do.
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Hello!
Just to touch basis with you, Carolin, I;m excited to finally have my 1-minute test up and approved!
I don't recall if you asked for the sample, but post it, in the event you wanted it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_burgundygrace.mp3

I hope to begin recording these WoP chapters by next week, after I practice simple editing on a few shorter pieces.

Thank you for your patience. :)
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

UG! My apology!
That is the incorrect, original and oh so incorrect first test!
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_burgundygrace.mp3

Yes, indeed. Thank you for your patience.
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, i see you already got your okay on the test, so you can get started on your sections!
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thanks, Carolin!
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have an orphan!
Carolin
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Just to say, I'm in final edit of Chapter 14. I hope to have it to you by weeks end. :)
Please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have Chapter 9? Jim :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you jim :thumbs: