COMPLETE The Tocsin of Revolt by Brander Matthews -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #4 Beautifully read, but I have one note. On page 76 at about 14:35 , I heard " if not without absolute detachment" it should be "if not with absolute detachment" It changes the meaning enough to warrant an edit, I think.

Thanks for the good read, I enjoyed listening. :clap:

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

now having played in so many Molière plays in the drama forum, I think it will be interesting to take on this section: 13. The Modernity of Molière

thanks

Sonia
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

15, Memories of Mark Twain:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tocsinofrevolt_15_matthews_128kb.mp3
62:09

Listening to it this morning I found a few variances to text and left some that I felt didn't alter the thought, since the 5 or 6 punch-ins I did make, I couldn't quite match today's voice quality with yesterday's (must have been dehydrated some). Longish piece but I enjoyed it!
Scotty
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :D
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here we go, this was a very interesting short lecture and written in an easy-to-understand style. Good orator, this guy !

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tocsinofrevolt_13_matthews_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 13:20 min.

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Hi Carolin,

I've been trying to send you a PM but it's stuck in my outbox and I can't figure out how to get it sent. Anyway my question is regarding section 15. I've listened and it's ready to go except that it didn't pass the Checker. It is 2 minutes over the max time of 60 minutes. Do I OK it? or is it too long?

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Kitty wrote: July 18th, 2018, 11:52 am here we go, this was a very interesting short lecture and written in an easy-to-understand style. Good orator, this guy !

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/tocsinofrevolt_13_matthews_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 13:20 min.

Sonia
Section 13 PL OK :9:
a lovely reading, thanks
aniroo
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

aniroo wrote: July 19th, 2018, 7:05 am Hi Carolin,

I've been trying to send you a PM but it's stuck in my outbox and I can't figure out how to get it sent. Anyway my question is regarding section 15. I've listened and it's ready to go except that it didn't pass the Checker. It is 2 minutes over the max time of 60 minutes. Do I OK it? or is it too long?

aniroo
Thank you :D we resolved the issue in the meantime. For anyone reading along and wondering what the answer is, we ask readers and bcs that recordings are not over 74 Minutes in length. Thats the length of a standard audio cds that some of our listeners still use to burn our recordings on. So the checker starts warning ahead of time from 60 mins on :)

Regarding the outbox, i was also super confused by this at first :) messages go to your outbox when you hit send. When the recipient read it, it is moved to sent messages. So you can still delete messages (but please dont do that it is annoying for the recipient who gets a message about it and will forever wonder what the message was about), and edit messages before the recipient opened it. :thumbs:
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Carolin wrote: July 19th, 2018, 8:20 am
aniroo wrote: July 19th, 2018, 7:05 am Hi Carolin,

aniroo
Thank you :D we resolved the issue in the meantime. For anyone reading along and wondering what the answer is, we ask readers and bcs that recordings are not over 74 Minutes in length. Thats the length of a standard audio cds that some of our listeners still use to burn our recordings on. So the checker starts warning ahead of time from 60 mins on :)

Regarding the outbox, i was also super confused by this at first :) messages go to your outbox when you hit send. When the recipient read it, it is moved to sent messages. So you can still delete messages (but please dont do that it is annoying for the recipient who gets a message about it and will forever wonder what the message was about), and edit messages before the recipient opened it. :thumbs:
Thanks. I watced for 5 minutes and it still wasn't in my sent box. It is now. I guess I should have just waited a while longer. I thought it had to go to the sent box before you could read it. :)
aniroo
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
allanrtate

Post by allanrtate »

Hello,

I would like to read section #3, "The Dwelling of a Day-Dream." I've done the studio test and weekly poetry read, so this will be read #3 for me. You can list me in the catalogue as:

Allan R. Tate
https://voice.allanrtate.actor/

Please let me know if I can give this a shot.

Thanks,

Allan
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Carolin,
I would love to claim section 03; The dwelling of a day-dream to fully claim the project. :D
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

I just saw the claim from someone made 42 minutes before me for section 03. Therefore, I do withdraw my claim.
April
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

allanrtate wrote: July 19th, 2018, 8:36 am Hello,

I would like to read section #3, "The Dwelling of a Day-Dream." I've done the studio test and weekly poetry read, so this will be read #3 for me. You can list me in the catalogue as:

Allan R. Tate
https://voice.allanrtate.actor/

Please let me know if I can give this a shot.

Thanks,

Allan
Hi allan, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12641 i think maybe you already saw it :)

Enjoy this section!
Carolin