[COMPLETE POETRY] Selected Poems of Francis Thompson - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 7328
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » March 13th, 2018, 9:00 pm

gauguin wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 6:53 pm
Hi,

It's me Gauguin again. I could read 35 & 36. Let me know if that works.
That works!
Thanks.

silverquill
Posts: 7328
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » March 13th, 2018, 9:01 pm

automatonlexicon wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Here is section 18! It's 2:00.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_18_thompson_128kb.mp3
Thanks :)
Ellen
Thank you!
This is PL OK. :thumbs:

JamesOregon91
Posts: 8
Joined: October 31st, 2017, 10:02 am

Post by JamesOregon91 » March 13th, 2018, 11:04 pm


silverquill
Posts: 7328
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » March 14th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Fantastic! Specs right on and very well read!
Your are off to a wonderful start with LibriVox :clap:
I hope to hear a lot more of your voice.
There are few open sections here, if you like. 8-)

JamesOregon91
Posts: 8
Joined: October 31st, 2017, 10:02 am

Post by JamesOregon91 » March 14th, 2018, 9:51 pm

silverquill wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 8:34 pm
Fantastic! Specs right on and very well read!
Your are off to a wonderful start with LibriVox :clap:
I hope to hear a lot more of your voice.
There are few open sections here, if you like. 8-)
Yayy! Thanks for the positive feedback! I'll do 16, if I may! "Before Her Portrait in Youth" Shorter one, so I might be able to get it done even sooner!
Thanks again!
:) <3
Lawton

JamesOregon91
Posts: 8
Joined: October 31st, 2017, 10:02 am

Post by JamesOregon91 » March 15th, 2018, 12:11 am


silverquill
Posts: 7328
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » March 15th, 2018, 6:47 am

JamesOregon91 wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Yayy! Thanks for the positive feedback! I'll do 16, if I may! "Before Her Portrait in Youth" Shorter one, so I might be able to get it done even sooner!
Thanks again!
:) <3
Lawton
You have 16 :thumbs:

NemoR
Posts: 1742
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: Seal Harbor, Maine USA

Post by NemoR » March 17th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Hey Larry,

I'll take the last two ( 27, 39 ) to finish this out!
Nemo

‘By not holding to fixed views,
The pure-hearted one, having clarity of vision,
Being freed from all sense-desires,
Is not born again into this world.’

silverquill
Posts: 7328
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » March 17th, 2018, 6:14 pm

NemoR wrote:
March 17th, 2018, 6:09 pm
Hey Larry,

I'll take the last two ( 27, 39 ) to finish this out!
Thanks, Nemo!

I don't think we should move to Readers Found just yet as I think we may have some orphans.

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » March 17th, 2018, 9:23 pm

Larry:

Here is the link for Section 44. Duration is 3:44.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_44_thompson_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

bluechien
Posts: 963
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » March 17th, 2018, 11:17 pm

If there are orphans that aren't super-long, could you sign me up for your choice of any? :hmm:
Eva D
And they were behind us, reflected in the pool.
Then a cloud passed, and the pool was empty.
Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.

NemoR
Posts: 1742
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: Seal Harbor, Maine USA

Post by NemoR » March 18th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Hi Larry,

Sections 27 and 39 up for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_27_thompson_128kb.mp3 (4:44)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_39_thompson_128kb.mp3 (12:51)

Section 39 without a doubt was one of the most challenging poems I have recorded! .... it is so intriguing.
Nemo

‘By not holding to fixed views,
The pure-hearted one, having clarity of vision,
Being freed from all sense-desires,
Is not born again into this world.’

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » March 18th, 2018, 6:51 pm

Larry:

Here are the links for Sections 22 and 26. Their durations, respectively are 3:51 and 6:09.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_22_thompson_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_26_thompson_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

silverquill
Posts: 7328
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » March 18th, 2018, 7:28 pm

NemoR wrote:
March 18th, 2018, 3:19 pm
Hi Larry,

Sections 27 and 39 up for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_27_thompson_128kb.mp3 (4:44)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_39_thompson_128kb.mp3 (12:51)

Section 39 without a doubt was one of the most challenging poems I have recorded! .... it is so intriguing.
Thompson is not always clear-cut. His symbolism is beyond me sometimes.
Thanks for your good reading. PL OK

silverquill
Posts: 7328
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Reading, Massachusetts USA

Post by silverquill » March 18th, 2018, 7:44 pm

DrPGould wrote:
March 18th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Larry:

Here are the links for Sections 22 and 26. Their durations, respectively are 3:51 and 6:09.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_22_thompson_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/selectedpoems_26_thompson_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
These and 44 are all PL OK!
Thanks so very much. :thumbs:

Post Reply