[COMPLETE]World's Story 1: China, Japan, Islands of the Pacific - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so, I finally got to listen to your two sections, Bobby :) thank you for those, both are perfectly entertaining and flawlessly read :thumbs: I especially enjoyed this explanation of the Khan's postal service. Quite efficient the way they are changing horses so often.

Both sections PL ok.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lmnei wrote:Here are my corrections to Section 99 that you requested -
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_099_tappan_128kb.mp3 - 24:14
thank you so much Lynda, this is now perfectly PL ok. Sorry for the to and fro I was asking. :?

Sonia
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Kitty wrote: January 15th, 2018, 1:30 am Bobby :) thank you for those,
My name is not Bobby :) :lol:

Bobby Darin was a singer in the early 60's who made up his stage name by seeing a neon Mandarin Chinese restaurant sign with the first three letters burned out.

or so the story goes.

:lol: :thumbs:
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

realisticspeakers wrote: January 15th, 2018, 5:19 am My name is not Bobby :) :lol:
Bobby Darin was a singer in the early 60's who made up his stage name by seeing a neon Mandarin Chinese restaurant sign with the first three letters burned out.
oh sorry :oops: I didn't know this guy.

Sonia
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Kitty wrote: January 15th, 2018, 5:26 am
realisticspeakers wrote: January 15th, 2018, 5:19 am My name is not Bobby :) :lol:
oh sorry :oops: I didn't know this guy.

Sonia
I apologize for the obscure reference. :roll:
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
NinjaOfNix

Post by NinjaOfNix »

Hello,

I would like to claim 136, A visit to Aguinaldo, by Edwin Wildman.

Thanks.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NinjaOfNix wrote: January 15th, 2018, 9:14 amHello,
I would like to claim 136, A visit to Aguinaldo, by Edwin Wildman.
Thanks.
hello Simon, and welcome to this project. :D

I have just checked the feedback on your one-minute-test and given you the OK to go ahead. I might only add to the feedback that your background noise was quite a bit high. If you are using Audacity, there is an easy noise-cleaning function, which you could let run once after you have recorded it and adjusted the volume. It's under Effect - Noise Cleaning. If you have questions about it, don't hesitate to ask.

I can sign you up for Section 136, but please tell me, under which Reader Name you want to be set up. It can be the same as your forum name, or your real name or anything else. I need that to create your personal reader page.

For details about the intro disclaimer (the long one, in your case) check out the first post under the Magic Window. There you also see how to name the file correctly. :)

Have fun recording

Thanks

Sonia
NinjaOfNix

Post by NinjaOfNix »

A reader name of SimonNix is fine for me thanks. Thanks for the info about the noise cleaning.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NinjaOfNix wrote: January 15th, 2018, 9:37 am A reader name of SimonNix is fine for me thanks. Thanks for the info about the noise cleaning.
SimonNix it is :) (without space ?) Alright I sign you up and will shortly give you the link to your reader page. Watch this space ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Simon, here is your freshly created Reader Page: https://librivox.org/reader/12195

You can see all the projects you are participating in (only one for the moment ;) ) and you can check your outstanding claims if you click on "Reader Section Details". So if ever you want to check whether you missed one claim, you can check there and see what you still have to do.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate. Enjoy your first recording. :9:

Sonia
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Sonia -

Last one for PL! :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_126_tappan_128kb.mp3 - 23:59

Have a good day!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: Lynda, you have been prolific yesterday.
just finished checking Section 120 and it's all perfectly PL ok. Although I don't like war-stories too much, this one was interesting with the emphasis on the human feelings.

Will try to PL more later on.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

woah this was a scary story somehow. Yes, one should never draw the interest or rage of the gods upon oneself :? Entertainingly narrated, Lynda :thumbs:

Just one PL note here though:

> at 0:43: (p. 520) “The vengeance of the goddess Pele, by Kalakaua” – could you please say the entire “subtitle” as in the book “a Hawaiian legend related by Kalakaua, formerly King of the Hawaiian Islands”. Sorry I didn’t write all this in the MW as I thought it was too long. :oops: But I think the subtitle explains who this man is, so it’s helpful to have it in its entirety

thank you

Sonia