[COMPLETE]World's Story 1: China, Japan, Islands of the Pacific - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I knew the story of Father Damien already. Such a great person. The world would need more like him. This section is totally PL ok again. Thanks so much, beautifully read :)

I'm getting to the end....one more section

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lmnei wrote: January 15th, 2018, 10:04 pm Last one for PL! :clap:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_126_tappan_128kb.mp3 - 23:59
Have a good day!
and last but not least, the children's games. Very interesting to listen to :thumbs:

Found two repeats here that you forgot to cut out:

> at 8:53: (p. 468) stumble and repeat: “I watched a huge sumotori”

> at 10:11: (p. 469) stumble and repeat: “one arrives at last”

thanks for all the great readings, Lynda :)

Sonia
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Sonia -

Here is Section 134 back with the additional Hawaiian subtitle -

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_134_tappan_128kb.mp3 - 11:51

I think it sounds much better now!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi again Sonia -

Here is Section 126 back :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_126_tappan_128kb.mp3 - 11:51

Have a great day!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Lmnei wrote:Here is Section 134 back with the additional Hawaiian subtitle -
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_134_tappan_128kb.mp3 - 11:51
I think it sounds much better now!
yes I think so too :D Both sections Spot PL ok now.

Thanks !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jim, for these interesting new sections again. :D Both are PL ok. When I listened to the one about the queue I was remembering some pictures of Chinese who had these really long tresses hanging all the way down their back. Interesting to hear the background story about it now.

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi Sonia,

I have read all the one-pagers of this project, but seeing my schedule for this weekend, I'd like to ask for an extension on the other ones at least... Sorry, but things are a bit crazy here at the moment. :oops:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: January 19th, 2018, 4:16 am I have read all the one-pagers of this project, but seeing my schedule for this weekend, I'd like to ask for an extension on the other ones at least... Sorry, but things are a bit crazy here at the moment. :oops:
hi Ava, and thanks for the update. One-pagers are already helpful :9: And I understand about "craziness" :?

Well there are still many sections not finished, so I think an extension is not a problem. How about one more month, is that ok (21 February) ? If you still have stress then, just let me know and we can see how far the project is by then. :)

Thank you

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

That would be great, thanks a lot!

I think only one section is really long, the others are a few pages each. I'll try my best! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: January 19th, 2018, 4:37 am That would be great, thanks a lot!
I think only one section is really long, the others are a few pages each. I'll try my best! :D
thanks :) I'll update the deadline for the 4 long sections in the MW then.

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: January 19th, 2018, 5:59 am Oh my... I just noticed there are only two digits for the first four... *slaps forehead*... :shock:
Do you know how to change filenames on the uploader or do you want me to do that for you?
I can change them, no problem. One of the things I recently learnt 8-) thanks for the cutesies (cute name :lol: ) Will PL soon

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote:Okay, here are the 6 cutsies:
Just listened to all your sections and they were so agreeable to listen to. :9: I love your quiet narrative voice, Ava. And on top, there was no error whatsoever in any of them, so my listening pleasure was never interrupted by any note-writing. :thumbs: You made my job easy.

All 6 sections PL ok.

BTW I must thank you for saying "the tea-house maiden" in the section of politeness. When I first glanced over that section, I was puzzling a long time over what T.H.M. might mean and it didn't occur to me it could be that :lol: I was constantly thinking it should be something with "honourable". But you're totally right of course, and I should have realized it before. :oops: (so did you ever order some honourable sugar in a tea house ? :mrgreen: )

I also loved hearing the few Japanes names that were mentioned in these sections. I did notice that here's a reader who is immersed in the correct pronunciation of these words by hearing them daily. :D

Thanks, and looking forward to the longer sections.

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you Sonia!

Your comments are always so nice - made to brighten up everybody's day!

No, no honorable sugar anymore :wink: Language changes, so people are "just" formal these days. Besides, I would be the customer, talking "down" to the server, so there's no need for me to either humble myself or to use honorifics towards the server. Yes, those are two special ways of being polite in Japanese, besides the standard way of being formal ("Sie" vs. "Du" in German). Terrible language. I'll never be finished with it.

Besides, sugar in green tea? How horrible! :shock: (Green tea latte is different. But that one's usually sweetened already. :mrgreen: )
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com