[COMPLETE] [Group] The Chaucer Storybook - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote: January 31st, 2018, 12:38 pm Section 4 is orphaned by PM.
all right, then we better go back to readers wanted :) although I have a hunch we won't stay there long

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Analiese wrote: January 24th, 2018, 11:03 pm Hello. I would like the remaining chapter please - The Canon's Yeoman's Tale .
Analiese
Hi Analiese, are you still here? Do you want the available story?
axcel

Post by axcel »

hi there!

i would like to claim section 4, the prioress's tale, please.

this will be my first recording; under 'axcel', if you will

thank you

mark
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! Thanks Mark, I see you've done your 1 minute test so go ahead and record!
axcel

Post by axcel »

thank you; shall do!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so we are fully claimed again :lol: I like this moving locations for this project :mrgreen:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Seppukun

Post by Seppukun »

Pheewww. Sorry for the delay! Just got moved in to my new place and finished it up this weekend.
:9:

Ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/chaucerstorybook_10_tappan_128kb.mp3

Chapter 10
The Squire's Tale
Duration: 22:57
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Well done! This was a rather long (and strange story) there are just two comments I would make:

@16:14 there is an extra "she" inserted in the sentence which changes the meaning. I don't think it will be easy to edit out, so I suggest re-recording the sentence "and then deserted her for the love of a fair young kite".

@16:49 I think it would be helpful to give the first part of the footnote here: "Chaucer did not complete this story. The ending given here was written by Edmund Spenser nearly 200 years later."

Once you have made those changes, you need to re-export the file (using the same filename) and reupload and I'll spot check just those two places.

Just one other little comment for noting is that the tone of the recording changes significantly (for the better) at around 23 seconds into the recording, as the actual text starts. Did you do something different with your microphone or settings? It changes back later on. If you can remember what you did, it would be worth keeping those settings! It makes your voice sound nearer and warmer. :9:
Seppukun

Post by Seppukun »

Thanks. I will make those adjustments as soon as possible.

As for the difference in microphone settings, it's the difference in where I recorded. ;) I'll keep that in mind next time.

Cheers!
Elizabby wrote: February 13th, 2018, 4:51 am
Well done! This was a rather long (and strange story) there are just two comments I would make:

@16:14 there is an extra "she" inserted in the sentence which changes the meaning. I don't think it will be easy to edit out, so I suggest re-recording the sentence "and then deserted her for the love of a fair young kite".

@16:49 I think it would be helpful to give the first part of the footnote here: "Chaucer did not complete this story. The ending given here was written by Edmund Spenser nearly 200 years later."

Once you have made those changes, you need to re-export the file (using the same filename) and reupload and I'll spot check just those two places.

Just one other little comment for noting is that the tone of the recording changes significantly (for the better) at around 23 seconds into the recording, as the actual text starts. Did you do something different with your microphone or settings? It changes back later on. If you can remember what you did, it would be worth keeping those settings! It makes your voice sound nearer and warmer. :9:
Seppukun

Post by Seppukun »

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thank you very much! This section is now PL OK! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

PM sent to the last reader, who says the chapter is recorded but still needs editing.
axcel

Post by axcel »

hello!

chapter 4 is now complete, edited and uploaded.

here is the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/chaucerstorybook_04_tappan_128kb.mp3

trt: 7:10

I hope it is to your satisfaction

regards,

mark
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Mark! Can I just check please, the file I have is only 7:05 long - is this correct or did the uploader chop the end off? Your post says the file should be 7:10 in duration, is that correct?

The other possibility is that the export process sometimes seems to lose the 5 seconds silence at the end - I'm guessing that might have happened here.

Let me PL the rest of the file, but that at least will need to be fixed - we need a buffer of about 5 seconds of silence at the end of every file.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Mark! Apart from needing 5 seconds of silence at the end this file is all correct! I loved your use of voices too! Have you thought about trying your hand at Dramatic Works? I need some small parts filled in "Story of the Amulet" by Edith Nesbit (red link in my signature) or if you wanted to try something a bit more substantial "Doctor Dolittle" is recently launched with a large variety of parts.