[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 6 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you for these, Jason. :) Getting those DRs out of the way is a good idea!

P.S. Will Sonia need to change your catalog name to reflect your move yet? :P
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: January 15th, 2018, 9:05 pm Here are some more. I opted mainly for the DRs so that they may be assembled and completed.
"Jason in Canada" :lol: it takes some getting used to hearing this from now on. As for changing your Reader Name, I'm not sure if i can do that. I'll check with the more seasoned mods, if you wish. :)

All four DR parts are PL ok. Loved especially the chorus, who sounded quite elated. :thumbs: But also Lorenzo was well acted out. And thanks for the three versions for the Monarch. I have trouble choosing the best one though. Need to check which fits better with the flow of the narration.

For the moment I am a bit tied up in work, so I will not assemble the DRs yet. If anyone has time and wants to help out, feel free to grab one or more and edit. If not, I'll do it later on.

Thanks

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I can help out to edit a few! :D Just tell me which ones you're thinking of doing, Sonia, and I'll do the rest.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 16th, 2018, 1:25 pm I can help out to edit a few! :D Just tell me which ones you're thinking of doing, Sonia, and I'll do the rest.
thanks :) no it doesn't matter. Just do the ones you want and I'll do the rest tomorrow. I'm working on a drama right now, so I won't do anything tonight.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I had enough time to do them all, as it turns out. :mrgreen: They're all in the MW, ready for PL!

Only a couple more left! :9:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 16th, 2018, 3:05 pm I had enough time to do them all, as it turns out. :mrgreen: They're all in the MW, ready for PL!

Only a couple more left! :9:
Tomas, you're the best. Thank you :9: I guess I need to get going tomorrow to finish those new DR colour-codings.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 7, 16, 52, 60, 67, 74

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote: January 21st, 2018, 8:06 am I now have internet and so I don't have to worry about my data rate on my phone! I hope to clear this one up in the next few days.
and there was jubilation all around the world :9: so great to have you fully back, Jason.

Thanks for the DRs, will try to check them soon.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Labor is perfectly read and already assembled. While you had the bulk of the text, Leanne and Craig were interspersed with their short wisdom exclamations :lol: Sounds good.

Here it is for a final PL by Anthony :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_2_076_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 3:38 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

"Song of the lower classes" ready for final PL. Your masons are totally flawless and well narrated, Jason :thumbs: (notice why I chose this specific role for you ? Jason / Mason :mrgreen: )

This is really one of my favourite poems from this collection. :9: I think the five different temperaments we put into it for each of the classes makes this really special. Well done all !

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_2_077_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:44 min.

Now I need some food before I tackle the Lotus-Eaters. But I'll do them tonight still. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

so finally here are the Lotus Munchers :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_2_083_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:02 min.

It really sounds good with all of us together. Please, Anthony, let me know if the mixed voices part is comprehensible to you. Thanks.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 76 - Labor by Frances Sargent Osgood

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_2_086_jason_128kb.mp3

More to follow today, hopefully the remainder of my sections so we can put this one to bed.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life