Post by GregGiordano »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both :thumbs:
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 5:58 pmHere are 62-63-64.
:lol: the three tales were so hi-la-ri-ous :mrgreen: I especially chuckled with the Goth and the dove. They were lucky the Goth had a sense of humour too at the end ;)

Excellently narrated, and acted out in many appropriate places, Todd :thumbs:

I can mark 62 and 64 PL ok already.

Found two small bits missing from the organist from Bergamo, which both are needed to complete the sentence though:

> at 2:00: Who plays upon the same—drew inference that the deceased was the true organist

> at 2:28: Alzare i mantici quando suonava gli organi—

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 6:24 pm Here is Section 41 -
:lol: now here you had a crash course in German swearing, Greg :mrgreen: Highly entertaining. I can just imagine the outrage of the German maestro when he realized what musical dilettantes he had to deal with ;)

excellent job and PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I’ll take section 37, Zion Jersey Boggs.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

My website
My Librivox reader page
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :thumbs:
Carolin
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: April 4th, 2018, 7:42 am
GregGiordano wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 6:24 pm Here is Section 41 -
:lol: now here you had a crash course in German swearing, Greg :mrgreen: Highly entertaining. I can just imagine the outrage of the German maestro when he realized what musical dilettantes he had to deal with ;)

excellent job and PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! I knew that all those years of German class would one day come in handy! I appreciate the kind words. It was a fun piece to read.

Take care,

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sjmarky wrote: April 4th, 2018, 3:37 pm Sec 37: Zion Jersey Boggs
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_37_leland_128kb.mp3
7:42
wow, excellently narrated, Mark :thumbs: I loved the very fluent reading and you made the story really lively. I did pity the pigeons though :(

One very small (but important !) missing thing though:

> at 0:05: missing "read for Librivox.com" in the intro disclaimer ;) could you insert this and reupload once more, please ?

I saw that this is your April challenge, so you can go and tell them, that you've accomplished the task :mrgreen: I do sincerely hope the poetry experience was an enjoyable for you, because it was definitely enjoyable for me to listen, so I hope I may hear more from you again. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote:I knew that all those years of German class would one day come in handy!
haha, well if one day you meet your German teacher again, you can tell him his lessons helped you to get through a lot of swear-words in some funny poem. I am sure he will be mighty pleased to hear that :mrgreen:

Sonia
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

> at 0:05: missing "read for Librivox.com" in the intro disclaimer ;) could you insert this and reupload once more, please ?

I do sincerely hope the poetry experience was an enjoyable for you, because it was definitely enjoyable for me to listen, so I hope I may hear more from you again.
Here's the corrected file: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_37_leland_128kb.mp3 [7:46]

It was enjoyable, but then it wasn't exactly Baudelaire. :)

My website
My Librivox reader page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sjmarky wrote: April 5th, 2018, 9:20 am Here's the corrected file: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_37_leland_128kb.mp3 [7:46]
It was enjoyable, but then it wasn't exactly Baudelaire. :)
Baudelaire is quite beautiful too, in his own way. Of course I have never read any translations, so there's probably good and bad ones out there. :?

Your section is now PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Kitty wrote: April 5th, 2018, 1:13 am > at 0:05: missing "read for Librivox.com" in the intro disclaimer ;) could you insert this and reupload once more, please ?
Just making sure, this was dot org, right? I dont have headphones with me so i can't listen to double check (though i have perfect faith in mark of course). :)
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carolin wrote: April 5th, 2018, 10:42 pm Just making sure, this was dot org, right? I dont have headphones with me so i can't listen to double check (though i have perfect faith in mark of course). :)
:shock: SHRIEK !!! how could I make this mistake after so many thousands of recordings and listens ?! Yes, of course, it was .ORG. Luckily, Mark is paying better attention than me. :oops:

Thanks Carolin

Sonia