[Comp] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 6 (Part I) - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

afutterer wrote:PL NOTES:
SECTION 21 - The Djinns by Victor Marie Hugo
PL OK
oh, hi Anthony :) we just cross-posted. Thanks for the PL ok :) I really enjoyed doing this particular poem :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this one was quickly assembled. Here is Life by Ella Wheeler-Wilcox. Leanne, I absolutely loved your deep stern voice here :thumbs: well done !

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_082_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:23 min.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 24 - Tam o' Shanter: A Tale by Robert Burns

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Kitty wrote:
afutterer wrote:PL NOTES:
SECTION 21 - The Djinns by Victor Marie Hugo
PL OK
oh, hi Anthony :) we just cross-posted. Thanks for the PL ok :) I really enjoyed doing this particular poem :9:

Sonia
Hi there. It showed, there was a little something extra on that one. Very well done! As always. :thumbs:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 26,35,40,48,49,56,86

PL OK
Anthony

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the last one for tonight: Craig as the heart-broken merman, pining for his run-away Leanne, me as the kids in tow LOL

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_028_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 7:33 min.

these were all that could be assembled right now. I'll get to PLing the rest tomorrow hopefully.

For now I call it a night.

btw Leanne, your microphone is fine, I think. Sometimes I hear a bit of crackling, but it's nothing too disturbing.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 28, 30, 82

PL OK
Anthony

Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Craig ! I will definitely listen to this tonight. I was waiting for your narrative, before recording my 7 "Nevermores", so they would fit the tempo and cadence. I definitely took the easy part in this poem :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, Leanne, I finally had some time to listen to all your DRs, and here’s my feedback.

first the PL ok parts:

> 013. exellently read :thumbs:
> 015. a bit on the soft side, only 85.8 dB, but can be amplified at the editing stage. Will make a note in the MW
> 023.
> 034. such a sweet reading of the damozel :9:
> 038.
> 044.
> 051. I really like the self-assuredness of the pied piper, well done ! :thumbs:
> 066. the roses sound exactly as I thought they would LOL I still think this poem is tragic.
> 097. oooh the Maiden really is quite the temptress :mrgreen:
> 123. hahaha, I loved the obvious gloating in your voice here !
> 126. I am really looking forward to hearing these short fast-paced dialogues assembled.
> 129. hehe, yes Narcissa is really living up (and even dying up) to her name here :mrgreen:

and here I have some PL notes for the remaining three:

> 000. beautifully read, I really love the way you narrate prose :9:
at 0:01: voice credit missing “Leanne Yau”

> 010. oh I somehow thought you guys would invent a tune for the song. :hmm: It’s as you wish of course. Craig and Tomas, what do you think, seeing you are also supposed to do parts of the lullaby ?
otherwise PL ok, but I’ll put it on hold until we get feedback from the other fairies ;)

> 071. I love your narration of the stanzas in Rubayat, and up to here there are no textual errors, but unfortunately you missed that you have to read 10 more stanzas towards the end. There are 101 stanzas total, and I divided them into 5 parts, each taking 10 from the first 50 and 10 from the last 50. So you need to add stanzas LXXI till LXXX still…

that’s all for now, excellent job, Leanne, and thanks ! :D

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craig your reading of The Raven is simply sublime :9: I am currently practicing several ways of saying Nevermore with the biggest effect LOL

I have a few notes though, the biggest being that the recording stopped in mid-sentence :shock: Something must have gone wrong in the uploading.

> at 3:15: "But, with mien of lord or lady" - you say "mine", but here he is talking about the facial expression, which is pronounced like "mean"

> at 5:10: "Of 'Nevermore,—nevermore !'" - you say "oh"

> at 6:38: "Nevermore" - that's supposed to be MY Nevermore (don't touch my nevermores !) :evil:

> at 7:40: recording stops here, two final stanzas missing from ""Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend !" till the end

The rest, as I said, sublime :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here's another poem from me :) love the longing in this one :9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_106_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:03 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and another one, since I am on a roll. Gotta make the most of my weekend:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_118_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:34 min.

only 4 DR parts left for me to do :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here's my bit for the Rubayat. It was shorter than I initially thought.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_071_sonia_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:39 min.

Sonia