[Comp] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 6 (Part I) - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:So maybe if most read the numbers, we don't. And if most don't, we do. For variety. What do you all think?
LOL swimming against the stream ? As you wish, but will you check out the other versions ?

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Haha, yes. Not right at this minute, but sometime today. Unless you think we should scrap the numbers and be done with it. :P
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Haha, yes. Not right at this minute, but sometime today. Unless you think we should scrap the numbers and be done with it. :P
I don't mind either way. They are quickly removed in editing later on. And yes, Craig has a point, it does break the flow a bit.

we can also decide now that we leave them out altogether. Jason told me via PM that he will bow to the majority.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

OK, we won't do the numbers, then. It will make the listening experience more pleasant. We made a similar decision with "The Ancient Mariner" by making the annotations introductory summaries, so here it will be a similar thing. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Kitty wrote: Section 0 is nicely narrated Jason ! but I think I detect a bit of a scratching in your voice still :( do not strain your chords too early.

I also found one textual error, due to a scanno that I overlooked (sorry)

> at 2:06: "in another and far truer sense" - you said "ear", which was a typo overlooked by me :oops:

Sonia
I recorded this one originally at 430am. I'm sure you could hear the hesitation in my voice, I recorded that sentence a few times, and read it a few times also and didn't think to look at the archive version. No problem, all fixed up.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_000_various_jason_128kb.mp3
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jasonb wrote:I recorded this one originally at 430am. I'm sure you could hear the hesitation in my voice, I recorded that sentence a few times, and read it a few times also and didn't think to look at the archive version. No problem, all fixed up.
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/worldsbestpoetryvolume6_1_000_various_jason_128kb.mp3
yes totally PL ok now. Thanks ! And 4.30 a.m. is really too early to have the voice well oiled LOL

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote:The Culprit Fay was LONG!!! :shock: Will upload the solos later :)
it was indeed ! It was the longest poem of the this section I think. I did warn you when you claimed it :shock:

I will put them all in the MW for now, will try to PL later, or maybe tomorrow, if nobody else is helping out ;)

Section 000 is now PL ok

Craig: thanks for your two poems as well, MW will be updated

we're progressing nicely 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Leanne, the Lady of Shalott is beautifully narrated :9: so romantic. And no errors at all, so PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Leanne, your second part of Rubayat is also totally PL ok. Well you did say 54 and 55 instead of 74 and 75 ;) but as we decided to cut out the numbers anyway, it doesn't matter.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 9, 46, 50, 63, 72, 76, 83, 84, 106, 118

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Anthony :)

Leanne: the Culprit Fay was absolutely a tour de force :thumbs: I hope you made a few breaks in-between recordings. :shock: I absolutely loved the narration :9: it sounds so easy and fluent when you do it.

I found a few errors, some of which were typos I didn't catch (sorry about that :oops: )

> at 1:21: "The moon looks down on old Cro'nest" - you said "clown" :oops: typo, sorry
> at 6:10: "But his voice in a softened accent broke" - I hear "but is a voice" :hmm:
> at 13:44: "Thither he ran, and he bent him low" - sorry, another typo, you said "lie"
> at 13:50: "And he pushed her over the yielding sand / Till he came to the verge of the haunted land" - again twice "lie"
> at 28:58: "And sped through the midnight dark" - you say "mountain"
> at 30:14: "A streak is in the eastern sky" - you say "northern", but they talk about the sunrise, so it must be eastern

The rest: perfect

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Craig, I will update the MW.

The Rubayat now has all your stanzas, but I found one tiny typo, which I missed when I prepped the google doc :oops: (sorry):

> at 3:48: Would but the Desert of the Fountain yield - it should be "but" not "hut"

as for the other two poems, they are solos, so you need to have various in the file name instead of craig. I'll make a note for David in the MW to change the file name, so you don't have to re-upload just now. Just careful next time ;)

Sonia