[COMPLETE] State of the Union Addresses 1837-1844 - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

It was certainly a cry for help. :wink: I don't know about you but I'm ready to move forward. It feels as if we have been stuck here for a bit.
linny

Post by linny »

GemFaust is having computer problems. I'm waiting to hear if he will be able to complete and if so when his new due date is.

PM sent Mar 13. If no reply by Apr 13, sections will be orphaned.
Last edited by linny on March 27th, 2018, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks again realspeakers, again, nicely read :thumbs:

PLOK

I liked these quotes from part 2

Not deeming it within the constitutional powers of the General Government to repair private losses sustained by reverses in business having no connection with the public service, either by direct appropriations from the Treasury or by special legislation designed to secure exclusive privileges and immunities to individuals or classes in preference to or at the expense of the great majority necessarily debarred from any participation in them, no attempt to do so has been either made, recommended, or encouraged by the present Executive.

I can not bring myself to believe that the lasting happiness of the people, the prosperity of the States, or the permanency of their Union can be maintained by giving preference or priority to any class of citizens in the distribution of benefits or privileges, or by the adoption of measures which enrich one portion of the Union at the expense of another; nor can I see in the interference of the Federal Government with the local legislation and reserved rights of the States a remedy for present or a security against future dangers.

I submit to your judgments whether this Government, having been the first to prohibit by adequate penalties the slave trade, the first to declare it piracy, should not be the first also to forbid to its citizens all trade with the slave factories on the coast of Africa, giving an example to all nations in this respect which if fairly followed can not fail to produce the most effective results in breaking up those dens of iniquity.

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

This year was so interesting. What is old is new again. The parallels are scary. Thank you!
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

thekeymaster123 wrote: February 5th, 2018, 7:35 pm Hello I'm new to LibriVox and my name is Timothy Head. I wanted to do this reading on section 6. Thank you.
Claimed Feb 5. No reply from PM reminder sent 3/17. Section orphaned.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I claim the orphan?
linny

Post by linny »

Certainly. Thank you, Kristin!
linny

Post by linny »

Barry, you might want to leave us in readers wanted. We will likely have 2 more sections orphaned tomorrow. :(
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote: March 17th, 2018, 5:49 am GemFaust is having computer problems. I'm waiting to hear if he will be able to complete and if so when his new due date is.

Original claim Jan 16th. No reply to PM. Sections orphaned.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

linny wrote: April 13th, 2018, 7:34 am
linny wrote: March 17th, 2018, 5:49 am GemFaust is having computer problems. I'm waiting to hear if he will be able to complete and if so when his new due date is.

Original claim Jan 16th. No reply to PM. Sections orphaned.

I can take these orphans, too.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

linny

Post by linny »

Awesome! Thank you, Kristin. :clap:
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks Kristin :D

Section 6 is well read and PLOK :thumbs:

Those nasty banks :help:

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Craig! :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

We reached 80% complete and since we are full again I have launched the next volume. It's all about Polk. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69897