COMPLETE Celestina by Charlotte Turner Smith - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 40 - Volume IV, Chapter IV

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 43 - Volume IV, Chapter VII

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote:Hi Miss Stav -

Here is another recording for PL -

Section 41 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_41_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 44:38
Hi! Can the MW please be updated with this upload? It has been a couple of days now and I do not want the recording to get lost...

Thanks!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

Here is Section 42 for PL now -

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_42_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 42:23

Have a great day!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Linda,
thanks. I saw your uploads. Thanks a lot. It is rather late here. Will update the mw tomorrow. Good night,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi! is there somewhere else that the Book 4, Chapter 8 of Celistina is listed?

On page 188 at the bottom the following is written which does not make sense to me:

...Having thus loosened almost every tie that connected him with England, from which he did not wish even to hear, left the inform∣ation of Celestina's marriage should reach him,

The World was all before him where to chuse;....

The para leading into the "Having thus loosened..." and out of "where to chuse;" are both fine and make sense but the space between the comma of "reach him," and "The World was all" is a complete disconnect of thoughts without the first one ending before the next one begins.

I hope this makes sense!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi - I found another one -

...a stranger who had lost his guide, and desired to be permitted to remain in his cottage till the morning
Page 204
enabled him to find his companions.

Again, Volume 4, Chapter 8. This is the bottom of page 203 and top of page 204 as you can see. There seems to be text missing between "...till the morning" and "enabled him..."

Any ideas?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I do not know. But I guess it is "lest the information of Chelestina's marriage..." I really don't know about the rest. I wish I could find a scan on archive.org which would help. Wait a minute.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I cannot find any, this is so annoying.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Miss Stav - thanks for looking for me!

I was totally lost on this missing text - I had first asked my friend who worked on editing the Gutenberg collection and she did not know either.

I guess I will just leave it recorded the way it reads then. If we find the missing words I can then insert them into the recording.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

There are no missing words, that text should be read as one sentence, "...and desired to be permitted to remain in his cottage till the morning enabled him to find his companions." If it makes it more clear, add a comma between the words cottage and till.

I found a scan of Volume 4 on Archive that will make this and your first query more clear if you look at how it was actually written: https://archive.org/details/celestinaanovel01smitgoog

If Volume 3 is needed, it can be found here: https://archive.org/details/celestinaanovel03smitgoog
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks Barry! I will look up the other question that I had then prior to the one that you answered.

I appreciate your help. It just did not read right in my brain.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote:Hi! is there somewhere else that the Book 4, Chapter 8 of Celistina is listed?

On page 188 at the bottom the following is written which does not make sense to me:

...Having thus loosened almost every tie that connected him with England, from which he did not wish even to hear, left the inform∣ation of Celestina's marriage should reach him,

The World was all before him where to chuse;....

The para leading into the "Having thus loosened..." and out of "where to chuse;" are both fine and make sense but the space between the comma of "reach him," and "The World was all" is a complete disconnect of thoughts without the first one ending before the next one begins.

I hope this makes sense!
Hi Miss Stav -

Thanks to Barry I have figured this out - the text "The World was all before him where to chuse;...." is a footnote and should not be in the middle of the text as what comes before and after strung together then makes sense! I will remove it, fix the other portion that I was confused about and then upload this section.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

Here are my latest recordings for you (smile) -

Section 44 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_44_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 53:39
Section 45 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_45_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 25:44

Have a great day!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Linda,
thanks for 44 and 45. I am glad you figured out what the text was. It baffeled me too. Have fun,
Stav.