COMPLETE Celestina by Charlotte Turner Smith - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

Here is Volume 1 - Chapter 3

16:04 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_03_turnersmith_128kb.mp3

Have a good day!
jenno

Post by jenno »

could I take on Volume 2 please ?
I dont think I am quite up to doing an entire book on my own but this would be a good step towards it

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok... I returned... This is a reply to both of you:
Linda, thanks for the chapters. Hope you find them interesting.
Jenipher, I quite expected to see you here. I know this is right up your alley. I am so glad you came. Volume 2 is all yours. Have fun.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Stav - welcome back!

I have a question about Volume 1 - Chapter 4 which I am currently proof listening. At Page 74 after the 1st paragraph the text suddenly jumps to a part sentence about the weather and I do not know if there is missing text or this is just the way it is supposed to be and then it leads into a new para that starts at the middle of a sentence it looks like and takes a different direction. If you try string these lines together they do not make sense...

Here is the last sentence from the 1st para on page 74 which just ends as you see below and then below it is what is printed next and then the 3rd sentence is the 1st sentence of the new paragraph. It just does not make sense to me.

His figure was one of those which look as if

The blasts of January would blow them thro' and thro';

and the irregularities of his life had so much impaired a habit naturally weak, that at thirty he was a mere shadow, ....

Other than this I am really enjoying this book!

Any suggestions?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Stav -

Here is my recording of Volume 1 - Chapter 4

As I mentioned above there is a problem with the reading which I think is at about the 14:00 minute mark. I am happy to fix the recording if it needs to be changed. Other than that it can be PL'd :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_04_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 30:36
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi Lynda, that paragraph is correct as printed. I found a scan of the book on Archive and it is the same there. The line in question is a quote from Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale and is meant to say that he is so thin that the wind would blow right through him.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks Barry!

Well that recording is baked then and can be PL'd.

Stav - here is Section 5 - which is Volume 1, Chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_05_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 13:41
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, Linda, you are fast. Thank you. As for the unclear paragraph... I sometimes read 18th century books and find plenty of them. They wrote in a completely different style then is comon today. You get used to it once youread many books from this erra.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

Here is Volume 1, Chapter 6 or Section 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_06_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 17:29

Have a good evening!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks. I must look for a dpl.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Miss Stav -

Here are my next two recordings in Volume 1 -

Section 7 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_07_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 15:21
Section 8 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/celestina_08_turnersmith_128kb.mp3 - 22:54

Have a good day!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thanks.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

That''s it, I advertised for a dpl.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hi miss stav. I thank you for your message. I would be happy to take this one on for DPL. Sign me up. I am now subscribed to this forum. Thanks for the opportunity!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Anthony,
it siis wonderful of you to agree to dpl this project. Now I know we are in very good hands. Regards,
Stav.