COMPLETE-GROUP:Folk-lore and legends: English -Charles John Tibbits-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
afutterer
Posts: 3281
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » June 29th, 2017, 5:40 am

SkyRider wrote:
afutterer wrote:Thanks for pointing out the error in the MW as well. I have fixed it.
There's still the "Part 2" in the title. Sorry for the nitpicking but it's easier to catch now while it's only in one place.

Cheers,
Paul
You are right. Sorry about that. Moving too fast today. :oops: The issue is fixed now...I think... :lol:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3281
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » June 29th, 2017, 5:41 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 18 - The Brown man of the Moors

There is only one small issue. The silence at the end of the recording should be about 5s and is about 1s. That is it! Great job!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3281
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » June 29th, 2017, 5:42 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 19 - How the Cobbler cheated the Devil

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Sonnie
Posts: 27
Joined: March 25th, 2011, 9:29 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Sonnie » June 29th, 2017, 8:32 pm


SkyRider
Posts: 288
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » June 30th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Section 1 - Introductory note

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/folkloreandlegendsenglish_01_tibbets_128kb.mp3
1m 46s

That might be my shortest piece so far! :) Section 27 might be a little slower to edit...

Cheers,
Paul

SkyRider
Posts: 288
Joined: May 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Post by SkyRider » July 4th, 2017, 7:10 am


dread
Posts: 3982
Joined: January 30th, 2010, 12:41 pm
Location: Binghamton, NY

Post by dread » July 4th, 2017, 8:01 am

I would like to read Section 1.

-- dread
The range of literature is as wide as humanity. It touches every feeling, every hope, every craving of the human heart. -- David Jordan

arjunanand
Posts: 34
Joined: June 23rd, 2017, 3:18 am
Contact:

Post by arjunanand » July 4th, 2017, 12:14 pm


dread
Posts: 3982
Joined: January 30th, 2010, 12:41 pm
Location: Binghamton, NY

Post by dread » July 5th, 2017, 7:06 am

Whoops! I guess Section 1 is taken. So how about Section 2?

-- dread
The range of literature is as wide as humanity. It touches every feeling, every hope, every craving of the human heart. -- David Jordan

MegSea
Posts: 6
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 9:01 am

Post by MegSea » July 5th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Hello!

Can I read Section 14 (i think?) The Fairy Children

afutterer
Posts: 3281
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » July 6th, 2017, 4:45 am

dread wrote:Whoops! I guess Section 1 is taken. So how about Section 2?

-- dread
Yes, sorry about that dread! I forgot to update the mw. You have been assigned 02 though. Thanks!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3281
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » July 6th, 2017, 4:46 am

Thank you all!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

afutterer
Posts: 3281
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » July 6th, 2017, 4:49 am

MegSea wrote:Hello!

Can I read Section 14 (i think?) The Fairy Children
Hello and welcome to Librivox. I do not see that you have completed your 1 minute test yet. This is an initial test to make sure that you have your equipment and software set correctly for librivox recording. Here is a link to the wiki on how to do it. Head on over and take care of this. I can hold the requested section for a while so you can have some time. Thanks!

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

MegSea
Posts: 6
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 9:01 am

Post by MegSea » July 9th, 2017, 8:25 pm

afutterer wrote:
MegSea wrote:Hello!

Can I read Section 14 (i think?) The Fairy Children
Hello and welcome to Librivox. I do not see that you have completed your 1 minute test yet. This is an initial test to make sure that you have your equipment and software set correctly for librivox recording. Here is a link to the wiki on how to do it. Head on over and take care of this. I can hold the requested section for a while so you can have some time. Thanks!

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Here is my test! Recorded on a MAC with Garageband on a USB mic
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_megsea.band_.zip

MegSea
Posts: 6
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 9:01 am

Post by MegSea » July 9th, 2017, 9:20 pm

MegSea wrote:
afutterer wrote:
MegSea wrote:Hello!

Can I read Section 14 (i think?) The Fairy Children
Hello and welcome to Librivox. I do not see that you have completed your 1 minute test yet. This is an initial test to make sure that you have your equipment and software set correctly for librivox recording. Here is a link to the wiki on how to do it. Head on over and take care of this. I can hold the requested section for a while so you can have some time. Thanks!

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Here is my test! Recorded on a MAC with Garageband on a USB mic
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_megsea.band_.zip
Sorry, here is an MP3 link
I am not super techie

Post Reply