COMPLETE-GROUP:Folk-lore and legends: English -Charles John Tibbits-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you! Can someone put them in the MW please?
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Gemma:

As I ran the files for Sections 9 & 10 through the checker, I received a message that the tech specs on both files failed. Both of the following reasons kept the file from passing the tech specs for each file:

The bit rate should be 128 kbps.  
The recording should use a constant bit rate rather than variable bit rate (VBR).  

In order to fix these, I am told that if you have your original Audacity files (the ones ending .aud) there is no need for you to re-record the sections. Merely use the export audio command again. When the window pops up the first line under format options is "bit rate mode." Be sure to select the radio button next to the word "constant." Immediately under that is a drop down list of various bit rates. Select 128 kbps from the drop down list. Then export your file as usual and upload again to librivox. Be sure to post a message here that you have done so. The file links in the MW will update themselves automatically.

If you do not have the original Audacity files, I am afraid you may need to re-record these sections.
I look forward to listening to your reading.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

Linda Johnson
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Linda:

Section 25 is PL OK. Nicely done! :clap:

Many thanks,

Philip

Post by 8586 »

Section 9
2:39
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/folkloreandlegendsenglish_09_tibbets.mp3

Section 10
4:15
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/folkloreandlegendsenglish_10_tibbets.mp3

Thanks so much for the clear directions! I thought something looked off, but I was trying to complete the upload before my son woke up from his nap! I hope these work properly!

DrPGould wrote:Gemma:

As I ran the files for Sections 9 & 10 through the checker, I received a message that the tech specs on both files failed. Both of the following reasons kept the file from passing the tech specs for each file:

The bit rate should be 128 kbps.  
The recording should use a constant bit rate rather than variable bit rate (VBR).  

In order to fix these, I am told that if you have your original Audacity files (the ones ending .aud) there is no need for you to re-record the sections. Merely use the export audio command again. When the window pops up the first line under format options is "bit rate mode." Be sure to select the radio button next to the word "constant." Immediately under that is a drop down list of various bit rates. Select 128 kbps from the drop down list. Then export your file as usual and upload again to librivox. Be sure to post a message here that you have done so. The file links in the MW will update themselves automatically.

If you do not have the original Audacity files, I am afraid you may need to re-record these sections.
I look forward to listening to your reading.

Many thanks,

Philip
Gemma L Myers

"[W]ith a great poet the sense of Beauty overcomes every other consideration" John Keats
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Gemma:

Section 9 is PL-OK. Nicely done! (Thanks to Amy for help on the technical issues--everything passed ok).

Section 10 one tiny thing. at 00:48, the word, "perceived" is cut in the middle.

Thanks for two very fine readings.

Philip
Marieva

Post by Marieva »

I will take section 14. First recording. Please list me as Twinkle
Fadster

Post by Fadster »

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 15 - The History of Jack and the Beanstalk

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
jwchoe

Post by jwchoe »

Hello, May I have The Fairy Children?
jojopandaabear

Post by jojopandaabear »

Hi, may I take A Dissertation on Fairies pt 2?
I glanced through the text and had a couple of quick questions. Should I say "quote" and "end quote" at the beginning and end of quotations? And should I read all of the reference material that is in parenthesis? Thanks!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

jwchoe wrote:Hello, May I have The Fairy Children?
Hi and welcome to Librivox! Thank you so much for volunteering! It does not look like you have done your 1 minute test yet. Here is a wiki on how to do it;

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Please complete this and then we can set you up as a reader. Thanks so much!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

jojopandaabear wrote:Hi, may I take A Dissertation on Fairies pt 2?
I glanced through the text and had a couple of quick questions. Should I say "quote" and "end quote" at the beginning and end of quotations? And should I read all of the reference material that is in parenthesis? Thanks!
You've got it. Thanks so much! Enjoy!
Anthony

jwchoe

Post by jwchoe »

Hello! This is my 1 minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jwchoe.mp3

Hope this works and thank you for the warm introduction to the librivox family!
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

jwchoe wrote:Hello! This is my 1 minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jwchoe.mp3

Hope this works and thank you for the warm introduction to the librivox family!
Great job on your test. I also posted in your 1-minute test post in the forum so it is on record. :thumbs: I can now add you as a reader! I just need a little information from you.

What name would you like credited for the recordings you do? This can be your username, or another name.
Do you have a website you would like linked to your reader profile?

Thanks!
Anthony