[Grp/ethics] The Law and Medical Men by R.V. Rogers - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Ianstewart
Posts: 50
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 11:23 pm

Post by Ianstewart » October 5th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Section 13 - Dentists - has been uploaded. 25 minutes 23 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lawandmedicalmen_13_rogers_128kb.mp3

Regards,

Ian

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12305
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 5th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Ianstewart wrote:Section 13 - Dentists - has been uploaded. 25 minutes 23 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lawandmedicalmen_13_rogers_128kb.mp3

Regards,

Ian
Many thanks
I may not be around much this week Jan. 14-22 due to a death in the family.

Help us finish:

Pantropheon 7 sections remaining

In the Path of the Alphabet 4 sections remaining

looseeelball
Posts: 10
Joined: October 3rd, 2017, 6:46 pm

Post by looseeelball » October 5th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a first time reader and would like to contribute to this project. I'll take the last section available, 11 if no one else has claimed it yet.

I don't have a website up to link to yet. I would like my name posted as LTLeske please.
Also, thanks Lynne for welcoming me to Librivox and pointing me in this direction.

Best regards,

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12305
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 5th, 2017, 7:21 pm

looseeelball wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a first time reader and would like to contribute to this project. I'll take the last section available, 11 if no one else has claimed it yet.

I don't have a website up to link to yet. I would like my name posted as LTLeske please.
Also, thanks Lynne for welcoming me to Librivox and pointing me in this direction.

Best regards,
Hi LT -- pleased to see you jumping in :thumbs:
I have added you to the catalog and signed you up for the last section. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page. Don't worry: it will soon fill up :lol:
Before you record, please be sure to read the first post. All the information you need is there but if you have questions, please ask.
Lynne
I may not be around much this week Jan. 14-22 due to a death in the family.

Help us finish:

Pantropheon 7 sections remaining

In the Path of the Alphabet 4 sections remaining

Lmnei
Posts: 717
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » October 6th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Lynda
Vancouver, BC

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12305
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 6th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Thank you!
I may not be around much this week Jan. 14-22 due to a death in the family.

Help us finish:

Pantropheon 7 sections remaining

In the Path of the Alphabet 4 sections remaining

DivMS
Posts: 304
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » October 10th, 2017, 8:54 am

Apologies for the delay in PLing. Got a project deadline approaching. I should be able to catch up by this weekend.

@Ian I thought the limits were 87-91dB. Thanks for the clarification :)

@Lynne Thanks for updating the PL status for sections 5 and 7. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Divya

Read for Salmond on Jurisprudence
and Fairy Tales from Gold Lands

I may not be available from 20 Jan to 5 Feb 2018.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12305
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 10th, 2017, 8:59 am

DivMS wrote:@Ian I thought the limits were 87-91dB. Thanks for the clarification :)

@Lynne Thanks for updating the PL status for sections 5 and 7. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The guidelines used to be 87-91, but they changed a while ago to 86-92. 89 is still the 'gold standard' but at cataloguing, we can tweak it a bit 8-)
I may not be around much this week Jan. 14-22 due to a death in the family.

Help us finish:

Pantropheon 7 sections remaining

In the Path of the Alphabet 4 sections remaining

looseeelball
Posts: 10
Joined: October 3rd, 2017, 6:46 pm

Post by looseeelball » October 12th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Hi fellow LT -

Section 11 is ready for PL.
17:05
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lawandmedicalmen_11_rogers_128kb.mp3

My first longish recording, hopefully I did alright.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12305
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 12th, 2017, 6:48 pm

looseeelball wrote:Hi fellow LT -

Section 11 is ready for PL.
17:05
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lawandmedicalmen_11_rogers_128kb.mp3

My first longish recording, hopefully I did alright.
Thank you.
I may not be around much this week Jan. 14-22 due to a death in the family.

Help us finish:

Pantropheon 7 sections remaining

In the Path of the Alphabet 4 sections remaining

DivMS
Posts: 304
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » October 15th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Section 2, 13 : PL OK

Section 9: Experts in insanity cases
1) Repeat at 1:00 "determining facts, it is...it often happens that experts"
2) Stumble at 10:41 "In England, an exp...expert cannot be asked"
3) Repeat at 13:46 "becomes substantially one...one of science only"
4) Repeat at 16:55 "he was the person attending...person’s attending physician; then his opinion"
5) Pause at 17:06 "pec__uliarities"

Section 10: Defamation
Repeat at 17:34 "although it contains criminatory manner...criminatory matter, which (without this privilege)"

Section 11: Relations with Patients
1) Missing 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording
2) Missing at 1:26 "have given him. Rhodes v. Bates lays it down"
3) Long pause at 7:09 "and to guard her against... undue influence"
4) Stumble at 8:15 "mainly by manip...manipulation, she told"
5) Stumble at 10:37 "treating her medical...medically is an assault"
Also, length of recording is 18:10

Section 15: Partners, Goodwill, Assistants
Stumble at 3:22 "of a qualified and an un...unqualified practitioner"

Thanks DJRickyV, Ian, Lynda and LTLeske :D


@Lynne According to the PG copy, section 9 should be "Experts in insanity cases" and section 10 is "Defamation"; this is also true for the filenames. If you wish to interchange the chapters for sections 9 & 10 (as seen in the MW) then the number in the filenames will have to be changed.
Divya

Read for Salmond on Jurisprudence
and Fairy Tales from Gold Lands

I may not be available from 20 Jan to 5 Feb 2018.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12305
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 15th, 2017, 6:52 pm

DivMS wrote:
@Lynne According to the PG copy, section 9 should be "Experts in insanity cases" and section 10 is "Defamation"; this is also true for the filenames. If you wish to interchange the chapters for sections 9 & 10 (as seen in the MW) then the number in the filenames will have to be changed.
Thank you. Do the intros/outros need to be changed?
I may not be around much this week Jan. 14-22 due to a death in the family.

Help us finish:

Pantropheon 7 sections remaining

In the Path of the Alphabet 4 sections remaining

DivMS
Posts: 304
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » October 16th, 2017, 9:02 am

Lynnet wrote:
DivMS wrote:
@Lynne According to the PG copy, section 9 should be "Experts in insanity cases" and section 10 is "Defamation"; this is also true for the filenames. If you wish to interchange the chapters for sections 9 & 10 (as seen in the MW) then the number in the filenames will have to be changed.
Thank you. Do the intros/outros need to be changed?
The intros, outros and filenames are according to the PG book order. If you want them to be in the order mentioned in the MW then they will need to be changed.

Lmnei
Posts: 717
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » October 16th, 2017, 11:56 am

Hi all -

Sections 9 and 10 are mine. I am SO confused! Can someone please tell me what you need me to do once you have decided?

Thanks!
Lynda
Vancouver, BC

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12305
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 16th, 2017, 12:16 pm

Lmnei wrote:Hi all -

Sections 9 and 10 are mine. I am SO confused! Can someone please tell me what you need me to do once you have decided?

Thanks!
Just the edits listed. The numbering mix-up was my fault and I believe I have fixed it.
I may not be around much this week Jan. 14-22 due to a death in the family.

Help us finish:

Pantropheon 7 sections remaining

In the Path of the Alphabet 4 sections remaining

Post Reply